View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
On the newer cars I believe the BMW reservoir (and the three Girling reservoirs) are on the driver’s wheelwell. Both set-ups still use a portion of rubber hose however, and that was the subject of this brake leak thread I posted last year. Guess the Origin of this Leak - Lame Entertainment
Thanks for that information.... regarding the hard lines and the short hose connectors. I am more apt to stay with the two hoses as the hose has but 2 connections whereas a firm line with rubber at each end has in actuality 4 connections.

I was able to source the hose from ERA themselves, or Pegasus Racing or www.brakequip.com (thru one of their local dealers here in CT) as part number BQ322 a ten foot length. The hose should arrive soon.

Thanks to all for your help and also a plug to Neil Maken editor of Skinned Knucles magazine who responded with the BrakeQuip lead. BTW, Skinned Knuckles is just a wonder journal for auto restoration and is in its 34th year of publication. www.skinnedknuckles.net

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker