Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Less than they will probably take.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #522
Not Ranked     

IMHO..low 60s, if it's exactly what you want.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As a fellow noob (no disrespect) who has watched every post here, and every Cobra for sale on this site and Cobra Country since last fall, there HAS to be a better way to spend an extra 30 large than on some over-sized rims and snake-skin valve covers.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Do a search on that engine, and that fuel injection system in particular. Isn't this the one that had all the fuel injection teething problems? If all the bugs have been worked out, that's a beautiful car.
I agree with this comment. There are both Roush built-FE's and Roush-built Windsors that have had issues with both their injection setups and leaks. Search this site.

With 87 miles, there's no way that car has been sorted out. It takes a whole lot more mileage than that to get most or all the teething problems solved.

It's a beautiful car, but I agree with the "WAY too much money" comments. You'll probably have to overpay to pry it from a manufacturer/dealer's hands.

Take your time. Don't rush.

This is more my style. The rumor has it that the seller of this Kirkham, an early car (#21), wants $85,000, but you won't suffer much, if any depreciation.

Replica/Kit Makes : Kirkham 427 | eBay
Old 04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc996 View Post
so what do you guys think i should offer them for this car?
I don't understand. Normally when you put a deposit on a car, the price has already been negotiated. My guess is that they won't let it go for less than $77K. You won't be able to turn around and sell it for what you bought it for, but if you keep it for a long time it won't be a big deal.

Just keep in mind that most of these cars depreciate.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc996 View Post
so what do you guys think i should offer them for this car?
Whatever you think it's worth. I would probably wouldn't go over $60k. That's what I think it's worth.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I put a deposit on the car bc I plan on flying out to c it. There was no deal made yet. I like the idea of having a warranty when you buy a car. I'm not a fan of the tail light warranty. but I will c what they say Tom. Im hoping that they want to c the car go. If not I will continue to look around and c what else I come up with. You guys have been great help.

How many miles do u have to put on the roush engines before the fuel injection systems starts acting up. Just for my knowledge, what's the bet way to check the system for problems.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I still think this car is a show stopper. Freakin gorgeous.

No one buys these cars for an investment. They are purely an emotional/visceral experience. I bought mine brand new for about 70 large because I had had one previously and wanted this one to be exactly the way I wanted it. I could care less about resale.

My car took about a year and about 3000 miles to work out all teething problems. A fully sorted out used one would have been more fun from the get go, but I couldn't find one that was exactly what I wanted.

You will probably only do this once, so get exactly what you want the first time. If it costs 80 grand, so what? That car would cost $100k easily to duplicate. Most of the money is in the engine compartment but what a pop when you open the hood.

Hey, if the engine has no quirks, you make the call. Go drive it and put it through a few cycles of stop and go and freeway drives and see if the engine suits you. Good luck. You'll love it either way. They're just like kids. They'll drive you nuts at first, but once you break them in, they are worth the effort
Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post

No one buys these cars for an investment.
Perhaps, but I think the general consensus here is that this investment (at 80K) might be throwing good money after bad.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

I can save you the trip if any of this "advice" is taking hold... Not even an SPF guy, but I can tell you there's more money in the power train and options of that car then typical owner here has in their whole car, and there's nothing wrong with that.

A million dollar replica for a billionaire is cool, but a 100k replica for a millionaire is not?

Beautiful car, check it out and offer what it is worth to you.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickd View Post
Man, there are cobras for sale all over the place. Check out 427 Cobra Country--Ford AC Cobra replica manufacturers SUPER-SITE.

There are TWO CSX Shelby glass cars ASKING $105,000.
And I suspect one of them you're referring to is mine and it's carbon fiber and not fiberglass...
Old 04-17-2011, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If you don't know Cobras that well perhaps there is someone in the know that could meet you there to go over the car with you...perhaps in return for a good lunch?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

When someone builds a "one off" car like this one seems to be they will generaly loose their azz when they deciede to sell off said car......this car would not even come close to asking price at the B.J. auctions.....if this is then one for you then make an offer and haggle over the price as much as you can until you feel comfortable that you are getting what you want out of this.....an awesome Cobra at a fair price that you feel comfortable with.....my guess is they dont have very many people beating down the doors to get at this one....not at that price..
Old 04-18-2011, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just a little help:

New Superformance Roller: 43,900
Add Twin Stripes: 690.00
Add SS Quicklifts: 405.00
Add Silver Ceramic Headers: 520.00
Add Silver Ceramic Side Pipes: 520.00
Add Glove Box: 290.00
Add Leather Steering Wheel: 250.00
Add American Racing 18's: 4500.00
so...just the "Roller" w/ out even some of the special Options, such as Oil Cooler Rock Guard, Stainless Surge Tank, Roush Short Throw Shifter AND the Soft Top and Cover which is an additional 3K for 2011 (no longer included in price)...

You are looking at: 51,075

Now...lets look at the Engine:

Roush 427IR fully Polished: 26,965
Custom Clay Cook Snake Skin Covers: 7,500
Completely upgraded install done profession by ROUSH themselves...we will just call it 12K...
TKO 600/Bellhousing: 2,650.00
This is not even including all the custom work that was done to the engine/installation/competition clutch/blow proof aluminum flywheel/blue printed transmission/etc...

Add that up...$49,115.00

So...not even including everything I did not put prices on, if you ordered a "New Roller", and did it with this engine...you would be at $100,190.00

So...if someone would like to add to this...please go ahead...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

First, it's a gorgeous car.

Second, I don't believe anyone was arguing the total cost of the car brand new. Though I could be wrong. I think the audience, including myself, was saying that for $100,000 (cost) or $80,000 (asking price) there are numerous alternatives, both new and used.

Third, as a buyer of a brand new home in a neighborhood of $250,000 homes, in general, you would not want to spend $500,000 on improvements, including a $100,000 home theater system, since the next buyer of this home will probably not pay $750,000, when homes in the neighborhood are still selling for about $250,000.

BTW, does the $4,500 for the 18" rims include any credit for standard rims on the roller?

Last edited by RodKnock; 04-18-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Third, as a buyer of a brand new home in a neighborhood of $250,000 homes, in general, you would not want to spend $500,000 on improvements, including a $100,000 home theater system, since the next buyer of this home will probably not pay $750,000, when homes in the neighborhood are still selling for about $250,000.
Rod, in your comparison is the $100,000 home theater system in the $250,000 house analogous to the $7,500 snake skin covers on the SPF!?
Old 04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stentor View Post
Rod, in your comparison is the $100,000 home theater system in the $250,000 house analogous to the $7,500 snake skin covers on the SPF!?
No, not really, because I can see value in an overpriced, but top-of-the-line home theater system.

I can teach those Cobra owners with their loud sidepipes who wake me up early on Saturday mornings, trying to get to their Cobra breakfast, by blasting some action film (with lots of explosions) in my home theater the night before.

Disclosure: Any resemblance, in my analogy presented above, to a Club Cobra member's over-priced home that is currently on the market, is unintentional.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stentor View Post
What I want to know is were any snakes hurt or disadvantaged in the making of those covers?
Seriously though, it doesn't matter whether there's $80k or $110k in it, if circumstances meant that you had to unload it, how much could you realistically expect to get for it? That's the true value.
And there's not likely to be a large lineup of serious buyers for this one, so please take it slowly and get to know the market.
Cheers,
Glen
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     
Smile

There was a SPF for sale on this forum dated 11/1/2010. Seller extrememachine. Same motor with the same valve covers and air cleaners. vehicle has 900 miles on it. Asking $68,500 and appears not sold yet. You may want to look at that vehicle and contact the owner as he may have dropped the price by now if it isn't sold. In any event, this will give you a good comp to compare your other cobra to in order to see if the price is realistic.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #522
Not Ranked     

Nice car...I for one really like it. But 26K for THAT motor?