Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Open Letter For All Members

Well I'm going to state a few things and leave because I see there's absolutely no controlling what I'll call the old boys network. Some of you actually act like children and certainly are you yourself showing trolling behavior.

First off you have an absentee owner. I offered a long time ago to help him/her to make this site more visible even though it's a niche site. I do know what I speak on and have contacts on an international basis. I get invited into some of the most amazing collections(not limited to automobiles) that you can not even image. Some members here that have many posts as I was told couldn't be a troll. Well this news bulletin just in you act like one at times.

I start a serious brief summary of F1 races and was planning on more detailed ones if attended. I get invited to the Monza race backchannel because certain people are private and will limit their posts because of the actions of a few.
What I get is a troll post about pig racing and a BS excuse of his post. Have some balls and at least back up your post. It doesn't matter if not one person responds to the thread because I get the responses from members back channel as I expected. It does not read ZERO reads does it now?

What I stated in the thread is true life that I was trying to bring to this site. I do it every day. It doesn't cost me a dime at all. Because of family foundations and boards I am on, businesses owned and partnerships a lot comes across my desk. I'll just pass the stuff along as I have always to employees and/or donations. For example I had three family emergencies prior to the Super Bowl and donated 6 tickets to Harlem's Children Zone because I could not make it. Sucks because it was in my area but in the long run it was a sucky game.

I thought if I started a giveaway some sponsors could kick some stuff in. I know there are model collectors here. I have many expensive McLaren models because I am a partner in a dealership oversees. I get all the European stuff you never see in the US. I have a business relationship with Land Rover Jaguar Special Ops building coach extended wheelbase SUV's armored for the Arab market. As mentioned I came across a bunch of Chinetti International Motors, Greenwich CT garage plates. They are exact replicas of what Mr. Chinetti had on his showroom floor given to me by him. You don't need to own an OSCA or Ferrari to appreciate that. I had an idea for one contest for an experience and not something material. Maybe a speed run or view a launch at Slick 6 at Vandenberg. I'm currently crossing the US could have been fun.

I will state this again about a few collectors here. They will limit their posts and their participation because of the behaviors exhibited at times on this site and will not become a target of your trolling. Believe it or not that is what you do in the long run. I'm offering free stuff and get these troll responses. You really have zero idea who I am. I stated my declaration: continue and there will be consequences. I don't have the time for your nonsense and because of your actions I will withdraw. I bet the members that have all these posts still fail to understand their trolling ways...well I bet they think they are a shark because of all the years on this site. Well step outside this site and deal with a real shark in the real world fellas.

I thought my 3 stooges piece might have gotten through to a few. I can do a rewrite still and take it to the dark side. I did get a few PM's telling me how funny it was. Well Moe,Larry,Curly/Real,Rod,Al don't forget about Shemp now. I have new material for a second version! However I can not justify my time any longer on this site. You truly ruin it for others. And I did have aircraft carriers waiting in line to drop when your trolling appears , but in the long run what is that going to prove?

Carry on without me.............

To my friends here you have my email and if I do not respond just hang in there an assistant usually takes care of things when I'm unavailable.

Many friends have a way of living through some of my exploits so this little piece was never finished for a website. The spacing is whacked just deal with it. Those spaces do not appear on the edit. I have not written in some time but awhile back wrote Time passes...enjoy

This link will disappear in a week.

Ciao

Life as StormBringer: Need For Speed

Edit:link is above.

Last edited by StormBringer_1; 07-08-2014 at 07:27 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Would you at least show a little common decency and take that jar of Grey Poupon with you before you close the door? Sheesh!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

More like a sh*tslinger than a stormbringer.
joyridin' and TN Shelby Cobra like this.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Guys I read most of that and then quit that guy made me feel like a complete a hole ,I would like to buy him and sell him for what he thinks he's worth . I promise never to type anything that would make a member feel that way . I feel violated at least he could of kiss me on the neck or something.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

And we're supposed to feel bad about you leaving? Not me.

I haven't said this before, but I will now. I crossed paths with a lot of special ops guys during my Army career. Every one of them was far more humble than you. They didn't feel the need to brag about their exploits. They were professionals who knew what they had accomplished. If you weren't operationally involved with them you never would have guessed they were special ops. You don't hold a candle to those guys.
TN Shelby Cobra and SpecOp1 like this.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     

This guy reminds me of the old nursery story/rime. The King has no clothes! Go find a kingdom where you can be worshiped as your little mind wishes; you have no subjects here. You know, we can see your mind working. It reminds many of us of a bebe (air pellet) bouncing around in a boxcar! Finally, it appears you have no AC to speak with. So go put some clothes on that will suit you. Some where else!!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Don't know what the deal has been lately....there's been 3-4 guys that joined just for the sake of stirring the pot. Got old real quick. Between dealing with a "poll" per day and the hundred threads started by NYG about fakes and reals, I've about had my fill.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
And we're supposed to feel bad about you leaving? Not me.

I haven't said this before, but I will now. I crossed paths with a lot of special ops guys during my Army career. Every one of them was far more humble than you. They didn't feel the need to brag about their exploits. They were professionals who knew what they had accomplished. If you weren't operationally involved with them you never would have guessed they were special ops. You don't hold a candle to those guys.
Bingo. My father never once spoke of his service in WWII more less the fact he was a Ranger unless asked. In fact found out more about his service after death from his discharge papers we found in a locked metal box in his closet that contained his Sykes Fairbaine (now my letter openner), German 9mm Radom with some original rounds still in the clip, notes and letters from the VA and DAV, surgical reports due to injuries).

In fact I had to apply for his medals postumously through the VA and the National Personal Records Center in Missouri which I learned he earn from his discharge papers but did not have. He never spoke of them, never collected them and never asked for them . Actually learned it was not unusual back then not to actually receive the medal since metal resources were reservecd for the war effort. His awards: Purple Heart with Two Oak Leaf Clusters, 4 battle stars with bronze arrowhead (first wave of an invasion), Combat Badge, Bronze Star, European and Middleastern Campaign (North Africa) Medal and the usual victory medal.

Have another friend that served in the 75th Ranger Battalion in Beirut.

One thing these guys have in common is they don't blow their own horn. They impress me.

To the contrary blow hards don't.

Takes care.

P.S. You never even told us what your interest in Cobras was.
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer_1 View Post
...........and take that assclown Onyx with you.

Nobody here every asked you to spruce-up Brent's site.
Start your own site-use some of that trust fund $$.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer_1 View Post
Well I'm going to state a few things and leave because I see there's absolutely no controlling what I'll call the old boys network. Some of you actually act like children and certainly are you yourself showing trolling behavior.

First off you have an absentee owner. I offered a long time ago to help him/her to make this site more visible even though it's a niche site. I do know what I speak on and have contacts on an international basis. I get invited into some of the most amazing collections(not limited to automobiles) that you can not even image. Some members here that have many posts as I was told couldn't be a troll. Well this news bulletin just in you act like one at times.

I start a serious brief summary of F1 races and was planning on more detailed ones if attended. I get invited to the Monza race backchannel because certain people are private and will limit their posts because of the actions of a few.
What I get is a troll post about pig racing and a BS excuse of his post. Have some balls and at least back up your post. It doesn't matter if not one person responds to the thread because I get the responses from members back channel as I expected. It does not read ZERO reads does it now?

What I stated in the thread is true life that I was trying to bring to this site. I do it every day. It doesn't cost me a dime at all. Because of family foundations and boards I am on, businesses owned and partnerships a lot comes across my desk. I'll just pass the stuff along as I have always to employees and/or donations. For example I had three family emergencies prior to the Super Bowl and donated 6 tickets to Harlem's Children Zone because I could not make it. Sucks because it was in my area but in the long run it was a sucky game.

I thought if I started a giveaway some sponsors could kick some stuff in. I know there are model collectors here. I have many expensive McLaren models because I am a partner in a dealership oversees. I get all the European stuff you never see in the US. I have a business relationship with Land Rover Jaguar Special Ops building coach extended wheelbase SUV's armored for the Arab market. As mentioned I came across a bunch of Chinetti International Motors, Greenwich CT garage plates. They are exact replicas of what Mr. Chinetti had on his showroom floor given to me by him. You don't need to own an OSCA or Ferrari to appreciate that. I had an idea for one contest for an experience and not something material. Maybe a speed run or view a launch at Slick 6 at Vandenberg. I'm currently crossing the US could have been fun.

I will state this again about a few collectors here. They will limit their posts and their participation because of the behaviors exhibited at times on this site and will not become a target of your trolling. Believe it or not that is what you do in the long run. I'm offering free stuff and get these troll responses. You really have zero idea who I am. I stated my declaration: continue and there will be consequences. I don't have the time for your nonsense and because of your actions I will withdraw. I bet the members that have all these posts still fail to understand their trolling ways...well I bet they think they are a shark because of all the years on this site. Well step outside this site and deal with a real shark in the real world fellas.

I thought my 3 stooges piece might have gotten through to a few. I can do a rewrite still and take it to the dark side. I did get a few PM's telling me how funny it was. Well Moe,Larry,Curly/Real,Rod,Al don't forget about Shemp now. I have new material for a second version! However I can not justify my time any longer on this site. You truly ruin it for others. And I did have aircraft carriers waiting in line to drop when your trolling appears , but in the long run what is that going to prove?

To my friends here you have my email and if I do not respond just hang in there an assistant usually takes care of things when I'm unavailable.

Many friends have a way of living through some of my exploits so this little piece was never finished for a website. The spacing is whacked just deal with it. Those spaces do not appear on the edit. I have not written in some time but awhile back wrote Time passes...enjoy

I laugh when I see posts like the OP did, when I want to leave a forum, I just leave, quietly, silently, and without making statements like the OP did. I believe it to be a young age, and a lack of real life experience with anything he has posted about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
With any of his user names here , Stormbringer (a Transformers reference no doubt), or onyxrider. Who knows just how many other user names this troll has

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 07-09-2014 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Gramatical errors
Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

I've read some exit posts before, both here and on other sites, but I've never read one which was that pompous.

Well, don’t let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out!
TN Shelby Cobra and SpecOp1 like this.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When he lurks back here to see his 'impact', he will see not one post saying 'Gee-wish that guy didn't go; what a great contributor. He could really have shown us the way'.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 1774 / 392 Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Bingo. My father never once spoke of his service in WWII more less the fact he was a Ranger unless asked. In fact found out more about his service after death from his discharge papers we found in a locked metal box in his closet that contained his Sykes Fairbaine (now my letter openner), German 9mm Radom with some original rounds still in the clip, notes and letters from the VA and DAV, surgical reports due to injuries).

In fact I had to apply for his medals postumously through the VA and the National Personal Records Center in Missouri which I learned he earn from his discharge papers but did not have. He never spoke of them, never collected them and never asked for them . Actually learned it was not unusual back then not to actually receive the medal since metal resources were reservecd for the war effort. His awards: Purple Heart with Two Oak Leaf Clusters, 4 battle stars with bronze arrowhead (first wave of an invasion), Combat Badge, Bronze Star, European and Middleastern Campaign (North Africa) Medal and the usual victory medal.

Have another friend that served in the 75th Ranger Battalion in Beirut.

One thing these guys have in common is they don't blow their own horn. They impress me.

To the contrary blow hards don't.

Takes care.

My Dad was the same way Real 1! He severed in Patton's army in WWII! That was the greatest generation that keep this great country together! If some one doesn't like this site shut your moth and leave! Pretty simple! This is a great site. You ever notice most of the ding dongs on here that shouldn't be on here don't even have a Cobra!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I liked reading his posts.
I read them out loud doing my best Thurston Howell III impersonation.
Try it.
Cracks me up every time.

Must be a Yale man !

Epic exit post Oxy.
Props to the moderators for their continued patience.

I always wondered if he had (or wanted) a Cobra.

BTW - search term - "Shelby Cobra Forum" - this site comes up first. No help necessary.

Time passes....Carry on...
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

i think you guys are being a bit harsh on him....
i find your bashing on him to be a bit over the top. he is entitled to all of his opinions, and if he wants to post what he does....then so be it.

i don't think he can be grouped in with NYG.....
Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

Go soft once ..........?...see what happens........Lots of examples around the world...........Call it for who and what it is .......
Old 07-09-2014, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

apologies for not responding to PMs sooner, been a busy few days with my kid's summer camp and following the Tour De France.

Mr Stormbringer AKA Onyxrider AKA "World's Most Interesting Man" - good health to you and your family. Godspeed.

I will keep the candle burning.

nyg
Old 07-09-2014, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post

nyg
I thought you were going too-You said no Cobra. You're the mod on the Nissan Leaf forum no?
Please-keep the candle on their forum, not here.
It was too much to hope both of you would go...
Old 07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
apologies for not responding to PMs sooner, been a busy few days with my kid's summer camp and following the Tour De France.

Mr Stormbringer AKA Onyxrider AKA "World's Most Interesting Man" - good health to you and your family. Godspeed.

nyg
one loser to another, how touching
Old 07-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Now that was funny!