LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Ned can say whatever he wants. Couldn't care less. He has an obvious axe to grind. Not re-hashing his statements as to what he meant or didn't mean. Couldn't care less. He apparently didn't read the Registry either in certain areas based on his statements. He is not SAAC nor the Registry and doesn't speak for them. He is one guy who knows a lot about the original series. So what.

Next.
Please keep belittling and insulting him. Or whatever you doing. It's great. More and more please.

Hopefully, it will light a bigger fire under the collective SAAC Board to remove all replicas from the Registry. Yeah!

I'll miss KMP539 in there, but so what. No great loss.
JBCOBRA likes this.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Next.
Didn't you leave this merry-go-round? Twice already?
Old 10-20-2015, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Didn't you leave this merry-go-round? Twice already?
If he was a man of his word, he wouldn't have to leave because he would have never been here. A promise made in 2003 ...

Quote:
Let me say that if anyone was insulted or felt put "down" by my statements on the other threads I apologize for that. It was not my intention in the least. Obviously some have taken it wrong. But going back and looking at it I can see where some might say I was pushing "some buttons".

As a holiday gift to CC I will not longer participate in such discussions should they arise. Very rarely, almost never have I brought the subject up myself. The consensus seems to be I can't play nice on the subject so I won't involve myself in it. Thats fine. No problem.

Sorry, again.
Fast-forward 12 years, nothing has changed with the exception of what button is being pushed. God willing and the creep don't rise, the next Registry may be the end of this. With the Shelby replicas gone, Evan's head should implode as the essence of Evan would have been edited out
Old 10-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
If he was a man of his word, he wouldn't have to leave because he would have never been here. A promise made in 2003 ...

Fast-forward 12 years, nothing has changed with the exception of what button is being pushed. God willing and the creep don't rise, the next Registry may be the end of this. With the Shelby replicas gone, Evan's head should implode as the essence of Evan would have been edited out
Fast forward 12 years and the Registry has pretty much stated everything I was saying back then. Yup, nothing has changed. Still a bunch of guys with sour grapes concerning the Shelbys and now unlike then also getting their panties in a wad over what the Registry says.

Hey, like Donald Trump who was once a misguided Democrat he changed his mind. Besides it turned out I was right anyway and I figured I would just pop back in on the subject and make sure the facts, law and info about the Registry were available among all the "sour grape flotsam and jetsam"

Fast forward another 12 years, and I'll still own a Shelby Cobra and be a Cobra enthusiast and you'll like be nothing more than an unpleasant distant memory of a troll come and gone. Kinda like a stain on a diaper that won't completely come clean.

For you guys its a win win. The Registry is crap now and is "destined to be changed, yep change is coming".. but if the Registry is changed (which it won't be) it would then be the "Bible".

Still no pics of your "chassis". I bet your full of crap on that too.

As far as being a "creep" again you apparently are unfamiliar with that definition also. Doesn't fit me pal, however, fits you like a glove.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hey, like Donald Trump who was once a misguided Democrat he changed his mind.
Well, there's a great way to shut down a thread. Talk politics.

Facts, Fraud, Registry (The "Certain Liberties Were Taken" 2008 version and the circa 2018 "Sour Grape" replica-edited version), Logic, Ned The Curator and Revised SAAC Web Statement.

As Ned would say, "Let's call a spade a spade."

Oh, and kapesh, kaput and flotsam and jetsum to you too. Whatever all that means.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

It sounds like a couple of nebbish klutzes kibitzing. How long can these putzes pull on each others tushes with this spiel? These schlemiels will keep schlepping this bupkis until everyone goes plotz.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
It sounds like a couple of nebbish klutzes kibitzing. How long can these putzes pull on each others tushes with this spiel? These schlemiels will keep schlepping this bupkis until everyone goes plotz.

Very, very good. Paul, you've mastered the Yiddish language. Pretty good for a gentile.

Last edited by RodKnock; 10-20-2015 at 02:51 PM..
Old 10-20-2015, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I did not understand one word of that...
Old 10-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Well, my first boss was old school from Skokie, Il. Great guy.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Oi vey!
Old 10-20-2015, 03:40 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Please keep belittling and insulting him. Or whatever you doing. It's great. More and more please.

Hopefully, it will light a bigger fire under the collective SAAC Board to remove all replicas from the Registry. Yeah!

I'll miss KMP539 in there, but so what. No great loss.

Belittling him? Insulting him? Not at all. I stick with the facts and try and stay out of the toilet unlike your buddies. When he's wrong he's wrong. Besides what makes him off limits and not others to insult when other are constantly insulted here especially me when I take insults constantly. I don't care who the hell is. If he is wrong on an issue I'll call it. What makes him God? ... he isn't. Maybe to you. You lay roses at his feet. Not me.

Very knowledgeable on the original cars he is. I have a lot of respect for his knowledge regarding the original cars and their history. On that he is an expert. Doesn't mean everything that comes out of his mouth or posted here on this particular issue regarding current production Cobras is correct. He clearly has an axe to grind regarding the Continuation Cobras. Clearly. Self admitted in fact. The facts, law and history is clear. Not even "Ned" can change that.

The SAAC board can change their mind and say Ooops were were all wrong and all that logical explanation, oh that was wrong. We're going to show that guy on Club Cobra since he doesn't bow at the feet of Ned Scudder and change everything we said about the Continuation series. Really?

Good luck with that.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-20-2015 at 03:44 PM..
Old 10-20-2015, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... Still no pics of your "chassis". I bet your full of crap on that too ...
Actually you don't, otherwise you would have taken me up on my standing offer.

Quote:
... $1000 bet that I do have a cobra replica in my garage, a partially assembled chassis & body to be exact. To prove it's my car in my garage, give me a 5-10 word statement that I can print out and tape to the front of the car before I take the pic, then I will post that pic here.

Terms & Conditions
1. Payment made by cash transfer into recipients Paypal Account
This gives the sender a receipt that payment was made
2. If payment is challenged and sender does not produce the Paypal receipt, sender leaves this site forever.
Deal?

Let's go chump, or are you still waiting for your nuts to drop to?

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-20-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Old 10-20-2015, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default The bottom line is...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 10-20-2015 at 04:39 PM..
Old 10-20-2015, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

El Fin!
Old 10-20-2015, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How many of the old timers remember this nugget from 2004, Evan putting csx4206 up for sale?

"DON'T MISS THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN AN ORIGINAL SHELBY AMERICAN COBRA WITH THIS LEVEL OF DETAIL AT A PRICE YOU COULD NOT DUPLICATE IT FOR.

Call Evan Harris for details"

CSX 4206 for sale. No comments on this thread please!

Oh my!
Old 10-20-2015, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
El Fin!
Fwiw. Elfin Make a nice modern day REPLICA of the lotus 7

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...ZdhLmHMEJ9bMlX

Old 10-20-2015, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
How many of the old timers remember this nugget from 2004, Evan putting csx4206 up for sale?

"DON'T MISS THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN AN ORIGINAL SHELBY AMERICAN COBRA WITH THIS LEVEL OF DETAIL AT A PRICE YOU COULD NOT DUPLICATE IT FOR.

Call Evan Harris for details"

CSX 4206 for sale. No comments on this thread please!

Oh my!
Evan you got some splainin' to do!
Old 10-20-2015, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

You forgot to put his 5 Rolex watch replicas in the crying pic. (You put a lot of time in that)
Old 10-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You want me to explain an add error over 10 years ago? Ok. Keep waiting I think my intent was to convey it was an original Continuation Cobra at that time. Candidly don't recall. Of course your implication is at that time I was trying to "dupe" potential buyers. Yes, of course I was.

Still waiting for pics on your uh, whatever it is you have...

The two buyers who wanted the car on the sale (at $145K when original 427s were selling for 3 to 4X's that) were more than aware it was a continuation Shelby. Uh, its VIN is CSX4206. A village idiot looking at these cars even in 2004 knew that's a continuation series vin.

Oh, BTW that thread was back in 2004 and I just notieced in that thread SAAC had its statement position on Continuation Cobras long before SAAC had it's little tiff with Carroll in 2008. Ned the "curator" was wrong on that one too.

Here is the quote from the 2004 post from SAAC:

As far as CSX4000 and CSX7000 cars are concerned, SAAC accepts these cars as genuine Shelby American Cobras (as opposed to "original" Shelby American Cobras). The definition we use to identify an original Cobra is one which was, 1) built between 1961 and 1968, 2) at the direction of and under contract from Carroll Shelby/Shelby American Inc., and 3) sold by Shelby American or one of its franchised dealers. The only difference between original Cobras and CSX4000 and CSX7000 cars is the time frame in which they were built (1). However, all three factors separate Shelby’s current cars from all the rest of the Cobra replicas, AC MK IVs, COB/COX continuation cars, etc. So, to our way of thinking, the current crop of Cobras are genuine but are not original.

Statement superseded by Registry which takes the identical position in 2008/9 when issued.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Buzz: Love it!!!

That's exactly why I bought a Shelby. Don't want a fake "kit" or "replica" Cobra

Also noticed you own a Unique. Hmmm. Sour grapes. Sad.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-22-2015 at 05:31 AM..
Closed Thread