Old 10-21-2015, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
OMG!

At first I was going to comment on the old penny, but then, what would we have to do, but to entertain ourselves?

Spout on oh wayward pontif, slosh the swirl of your musings that we may giggle and laugh.

And please, don't hold back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
I'll check in later to see what comical nonsense will be spewed in response.

Flame on boys.

Comical really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Quite comical really

Since we are all into comedy, and life imitates comedy, please allow me to share this joke with you all, and please may I recommend the popcorn...

3 guys each walk into a bar.
Each of them order a drink of "Coke-cola".

The first guy, lets call him Rod, gets given his order. Its a cold glass of refreshing Pepsi-cola.
Like everyone else, enjoys the drink of coke with his mates and enjoys the nights festivities.

The second guy, lets call him Anthony Boosalis, gets given his order - Its Coke-cola in a bottle, with a red label, you know... the stuff we all know as the ORIGINAL, the AUTHENTIC, the REAL thing. He downs his drink of coke with his mates, and enjoys the nights festivities.

The third guy however, lets call him Evan, gets given a Coke Zero, drinks his Coke Zero, proclaiming to the world on top of his soap box that, HIS drink is the AUTHENTIC and REAL coke, because it's produced and licensed by the COKE-A-COLA company the original founders and creators.

Not really giving a chit, but figured it might be nice to offer a helping hand, a fourth and fifth and sixth gent, all chime in with a - "Pssst, hey Evan, you know your Coke aint REAL?" to which Evan replies - But the facts, law and registry say so...

Badda-boom!

(NB: deliberately left off "original" - I don't doubt our friend, since his 2004 slip up, has conceded that point).

PS: try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress...
Old 10-21-2015, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
... (NB: deliberately left off "original" - I don't doubt our friend, since his 2004 slip up, has conceded that point) ...
No concession yet, his "add error" doesn't cut it. I just don't see ORIGINAL being a "typo" from CONTINUATION

He was fully aware he bought a Continuation, then lists it as an Original - premeditated, intentional. His explanation later 'there was some confusion at the time as to what they were', what BULLCHIT!

I will continue to ask the question until I get a satisfactory answer

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-21-2015 at 06:48 PM..
Old 10-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Since we are all into comedy, and life imitates comedy, please allow me to share this joke with you all, and please may I recommend the popcorn...

3 guys each walk into a bar.
Each of them order a drink of "Coke-cola".

The first guy, lets call him Rod, gets given his order. Its a cold glass of refreshing Pepsi-cola.
Like everyone else, enjoys the drink of coke with his mates and enjoys the nights festivities.

The second guy, lets call him Anthony Boosalis, gets given his order - Its Coke-cola in a bottle, with a red label, you know... the stuff we all know as the ORIGINAL, the AUTHENTIC, the REAL thing. He downs his drink of coke with his mates, and enjoys the nights festivities.

The third guy however, lets call him Evan, gets given a Coke Zero, drinks his Coke Zero, proclaiming to the world on top of his soap box that, HIS drink is the AUTHENTIC and REAL coke, because it's produced and licensed by the COKE-A-COLA company the original founders and creators.

Not really giving a chit, but figured it might be nice to offer a helping hand, a fourth and fifth and sixth gent, all chime in with a - "Pssst, hey Evan, you know your Coke aint REAL?" to which Evan replies - But the facts, law and registry say so...

Badda-boom!

(NB: deliberately left off "original" - I don't doubt our friend, since his 2004 slip up, has conceded that point).

PS: try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress...
The joke doesn't work. You know why? I haven't had any soft drinks in many many many years.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
The joke doesn't work. You know why? I haven't had any soft drinks in many many many years.
Self-centred much?
Who said the Rod in the joke was you?
Old 10-21-2015, 09:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Self-centred much?
Who said the Rod in the joke was you?
So, since Coke Zero is licensed by a Coca-Cola, are you saying that Evan owns a Superformance?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The rest are cars that "pretend" or "fake" to be Cobras. So referring to the fakes as Cobras is technically incorrect. You own a Cobra? No, if you own anything its something that pretends to be one. Whatever that is.
I'm crying in my beer now. I don't own a Cobra, after all these years of dreaming to own one, even though it's a fake. You have now chattered my dreams. You really take the cake. What should I call it now?
JD
Old 10-21-2015, 11:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I'm crying in my beer now. I don't own a Cobra, after all these years of dreaming to own one, even though it's a fake. You have now chattered my dreams. You really take the cake. What should I call it now?
JD
Call it whatever you want JD, just don't call it a Cobra, Evan told you a million times...
Old 10-21-2015, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
So, since Coke Zero is licensed by a Coca-Cola, are you saying that Evan owns a Superformance?
Nope...
Just that the second guy, who happens to be named Evan drank a coke zero.
You're being far too presumptuous.

Fwiw: I did say "produced" as well.
Go easy on the guy. Jamo already has him on thin ice.

Last edited by Dimis; 10-21-2015 at 11:15 PM..
Old 10-21-2015, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

Can I call it a Kobra?
Quote:
What a silly bunt
Monty Python.
Dimis likes this.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Damn, I was going to comment...but what is the point?

Old 10-22-2015, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nope...
Just that the second guy, who happens to be named Evan drank a coke zero.
You're being far too presumptuous. ...
Dimis, you botched this up from the git-go. First of all, it's Coca-Cola or Coke, not Coke-Cola.
If 3 guys order and drink a "Coca-Cola" then there is no Pepsi-Cola or Coke Zero. If the 1st guy has a cold glass of Pepsi-Cola, then he can't 'enjoy a drink of coke', it's Pepsi-Cola. The 2nd guy is not named Evan but Anthony Boosalis and he is drinking a Coca-Cola not Coke Zero.

I know proper english is like a 2nd language for you guys living in the outback down under, next time just tell it like you're with you buds at the local drinkin' hole.

Three guys walk into a drinkin' hole. Two guys order a cola, the 3rd kool-aid. "Ta ya sister in a wet t-shirt, down the hatch mates". Bloody oath, look at Evan standin' on a bar stool bein' a total jackass. Yep, he drank the kool-aid.

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-22-2015 at 06:42 AM..
Old 10-22-2015, 06:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My favorite comic strip.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-22-2015, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

My favorite comic strip.

Ron
Good to have a place to go and kick up the heels to relax

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-22-2015 at 06:45 AM..
Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

OMG, for crying out loud you guys! Don't you know there will be a tread on real license plate frames versus replica license plate frames.

What are you trying to start????

Old 10-22-2015, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

At this time the floor recognizes the gentlemen from California, RodKnock -

Quote:
Evan, why stop at license plates.

Your next "arrest" should be for license plate frames too. Anyone with a license plate frame with 1965 or 1966 on it? Shame on you!
As our astute colleague points out, where does one draw the line with ethical behavior regarding our prized replicas?

May I submit exhibit 'A', a fraudulent plate mounted to a typical license plate frame. We know this plate to be fraudulent as the vehicle it is affixed to is acknowledged to be a fake Shelby Cobra, registered in NJ under DMV provisions for kit cars, therefore it cannot be a REAL427.

You will note the frame is described as follows and can be bought here -

Product Description
Chrome license plate frame with COBRA at top and Carroll Shelby Motors at bottom; Chrome letters on blue background.
Reproduction of the original.

COBRA Carroll Shelby Motors License Plate Frame

The question is, if you are going balls out to misrepresent your fake cobra as a REAL427 for sale, does the fake license plate frame add monetary value to your fraud price?
Old 10-22-2015, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

You know Jamo has Evan on a short leash and he can't respond. Why don't you lay off? You are accomplishing nothing except carrying out a personal vendetta.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
You know Jamo has Evan on a short leash and he can't respond. Why don't you lay off? You are accomplishing nothing except carrying out a personal vendetta.
Yep, I actually agree, time to let dead dogs lie. That's not to say I won't be ...

... Evan
Old 10-22-2015, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

This has sunk to a new low. Dividing the enthusiast. Had corvette's in past but was attracted to cobra's after being around Norcal Shelby bunch years ago. Very friendly bunch of guys, went to open track event they put on and someone gave me ride in mustang 350 and I switched to Ford. Now we have trolls that don't contribute anything positive but just want to tear someone down. You don't see the down under group joining in, I enjoy reading their post's. What do you hope to accomplish? LET IT GO
Old 10-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually, Dimis is posting from Down Under.

Please remember that Jamo did setup a sticky for folks to debate the title of this thread. Just like your TV, any one of us can either ignore or "switch channels", if we don't like what we're reading. There are plenty of threads that I won't even enter into for various reasons. Don't care, don't read.

Jamo setup a couple rules when he setup this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
All that being said, with the creation of this sticky, I am not going to allow a free-for-all with name calling, etc. This applies to everyone concerned.

Proceed with care...
And he didn't want the subject matter flowing into other or new threads, so he setup this thread as our "sandbox", specifically to debate "real" vs. "replica," which we have for almost 50 pages. But, Evan went ahead an established at least two other threads on essentially the same topic. And he even made a snide comment on a thread relating to the sale of 1 of the 998, which I ignored, but found out-of-bounds nonetheless.

My point, Evan did throw around plenty of insults, which I'm not going to repeat. And he did setup new threads about the same topic. So, he's not entirely blameless.
Closed Thread