29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I guess we need to refresh some memories as to why so many here have dog piled onto REAL1.

1. He continues to misrepresent his Shelby Continuation (replica) Cobra to the general public (as verified by his written ad in 2004, his statements on this forum over the years and his license plate) so that "Joe Public" thinks CSX4206 is actually a 60's era legend rather than the modern day kit car it actually is.

Why he does this, we can only speculate. Too many avenues to examine. And, once caught in his deception (and caught red handed with his own worded sales ad) he continues to try and dance around the truth rather than admit his deeds and move on. That's the lawyer in him. Deny, deny, deny and hopefully he can talk his way out of it. Unfortunately for him, no one here is buying what he's selling, so the push is on.

No one is questioning whether or not continuation cars are made by Shelby.
No one is putting his or any other replica down.
No one here has any beef with any other poster about the way they represent their car.
Our beef is with him and only him. His blatant dishonesty pisses quite a few of us off and now that he has been caught by his own words, he still tries to dance his way out.

No one here has resorted to more name calling and attempts at belittling than REAL1 has. When he can't get his point across he resorts to those tactics hoping to get a rise from the poster and divert him from the topic at hand. He thinks he's a master manipulator. His tactics might work on a jury, but then again jurys are comprised largely of individuals who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty. Not the case here.
So, if you want this thread to go away (this topic has been beaten to death every year since REAL1 enrolled in this forum, and, oddly enough, he always seems to be the target of discussion) all you have to do is convince REAL1 to change his claims.
But, we have seen over the last decade that that is highly unlikely.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

No affiliation.

I don't really follow fiberglass CSX4000 cars all that much, but I saw CSX4292 listed for sale on the saacforum.com. Seems like a reasonable deal at "asking $120,000" on an early fiberglass car, but I haven't checked the SAAC Registry for any details either:

CSX 4292 a early Vegas car with all aluminum Shelby motor
Old 10-22-2015, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To further understand what has been recently stated ...

This train wreck is entirely Evan's doing. It is he who who divided the enthusiasts into classes of perceived stature, the wheat vs. the chaff (original owners by default immune from such non-sense). As a "club" I expected better, a little self-policing early on, with a strict hand, would have likely mitigated what this thread has exposed. Originals are worth a mint and belong to a true collector's cache to enjoy at their own risk, replicas are what men of reasonable means can afford and enjoy at much lesser risk. There are only two classes of Shelby Cobra, those originals of 1962 -1967, and those that replicate the originals of the 1962 -1967.

All of us are the guardians of this FORUM and what we accept as legitimate, and what we reject as fallacy is up to us.

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-22-2015 at 04:46 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
I guess we need to refresh some memories as to why so many here have dog piled onto REAL1.

1. He continues to misrepresent his Shelby Continuation (replica) Cobra to the general public (as verified by his written ad in 2004, his statements on this forum over the years and his license plate) so that "Joe Public" thinks CSX4206 is actually a 60's era legend rather than the modern day kit car it actually is.

Why he does this, we can only speculate. Too many avenues to examine. And, once caught in his deception (and caught red handed with his own worded sales ad) he continues to try and dance around the truth rather than admit his deeds and move on. That's the lawyer in him. Deny, deny, deny and hopefully he can talk his way out of it. Unfortunately for him, no one here is buying what he's selling, so the push is on.

No one is questioning whether or not continuation cars are made by Shelby.
No one is putting his or any other replica down.
No one here has any beef with any other poster about the way they represent their car.
Our beef is with him and only him. His blatant dishonesty pisses quite a few of us off and now that he has been caught by his own words, he still tries to dance his way out.

No one here has resorted to more name calling and attempts at belittling than REAL1 has. When he can't get his point across he resorts to those tactics hoping to get a rise from the poster and divert him from the topic at hand. He thinks he's a master manipulator. His tactics might work on a jury, but then again jurys are comprised largely of individuals who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty. Not the case here.
So, if you want this thread to go away (this topic has been beaten to death every year since REAL1 enrolled in this forum, and, oddly enough, he always seems to be the target of discussion) all you have to do is convince REAL1 to change his claims.
But, we have seen over the last decade that that is highly unlikely.
It not only is unlikely it is not happening.

First your full of it. The add was corrected to clarify what the car is and I have never misrepresented anything nor do I "continue" to do so. Your failure to understand and your misrepresentations as to what I represent make you out to be an either a liar or an idiot. Jurors are as a group very smart. I would likely excuse you from any jury I was selecting as likely not bright enough to consistently find the court room each day.

You obviously don't own a Registry. Likely just as well. You wouldn't understand what's written in it anyway.

You think that this village idiot who is repeating a mistake over and over again in a 10 year old add proves anything? Explained it already. Only village idiots keep asking the same question over and over after its been answered. Only village idiots would follow and root on another village idiot.

My position is the same as the Registry's. Will remain the same. Tough nuts.

Name calling is primarily from you, your band of bullies and the village idiot Joe's Garage. You apparently can't read or have 0 comprehension skills. Maybe both.

Yes, I'm name calling and insulting now since it appears that this is the only language you and your idiot buddies understand.

You want me to change my claim? What claim would that be? That my Shelby's a fake Cobra and not a genuine Cobra? Ok. Hold your breath please.

You accuse me of having a misleading plate? My plates accurate pal. What's your plate attached to? What is your plate... 66COBRA? Or is that plate another of your buddies here? Geez alot of you have the pretend Cobra plate its hard to keep track. Take about "continuing" misrepresentations. .

Good, you have a beef with me? Ooh, now I'm trembling in my boots. Guess what, I have a beef with you. You accuse me of Blatant dishonesty? F you. And what does your plate say again?

Stop knocking the current production Cobras and we'll get along just fine. Give no respect you sure as hell won't get respect from me.

As to Joe's "the Villiage Idiot" Garage. Yes, that's my plate. It's 100% correct. Keep being jealous and envious. Read the Registry. Oh, wait you don't own a Registry either. More to the point you don't even have a "replica" yet. It's still in pieces on the garage floor or so we have been led to believe.

Joe'sGarage now's sees himself and his band of bullies as a "guardian of the forum"? Who appointed you a guardian of anything? Gee I didn't cast any vote. I didn't know there was even a vote. Not only must you be a village idiot but you are apparently delusional also. Guardian of this forum? Really? So that means you and the peanut gallery get to dictate what my car is? Your a troll that has been allowed to go unchecked.

Yes, you are free as are you "buddies" to accept and reject what you see as a real Cobra or not a real Cobra. I am equally free to do so here (until banned which I guess will be shortly) so you too can go F yourself.

"Dog pile" is a the best description of what happened here and that I have come across. That I agree with.

What a joke.

Hey, you guys enjoy your anti Shelby orgy.
twobjshelbys and Al G like this.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-22-2015 at 04:59 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
To further understand what has been recently stated ...

This train wreck is entirely Evan's doing. It is he who who divided the enthusiasts into classes of perceived stature, the wheat vs. the chaff (original owners by default immune from such non-sense). As a "club" I expected better, a little self-policing early on, with a strict hand, would have likely mitigated what this thread has exposed. Originals are worth a mint and belong to a true collector's cache to enjoy at their own risk, replicas are what men of reasonable means can afford and enjoy at much lesser risk. There are only two classes of Shelby Cobra, those originals of 1962 -1967, and those that replicate the originals of the 1962 -1967.

All of us are the guardians of this FORUM and what we accept as legitimate, and what we reject as fallacy is up to us.
And you've been completely innocent in all this? You've done a fair share of name calling, probably more than Evan. Posting the same question over and over again does nothing but drive your post count up. Now you think you're a guardian of the forum?

If and when you ever finish your replica please post lots of pictures so we can see how many fake Cobra badges you have on it. Maybe you'll be one of those who puts on fake Shelby American manufacturer tags also. Cant wait to see it and start the criticism.
REAL 1, Dimis and twobjshelbys like this.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
And you've been completely innocent in all this? You've done a fair share of name calling, probably more than Evan. Posting the same question over and over again does nothing but drive your post count up. Now you think you're a guardian of the forum?

If and when you ever finish your replica please post lots of pictures so we can see how many fake Cobra badges you have on it. Maybe you'll be one of those who puts on fake Shelby American manufacturer tags also. Cant wait to see it and start the criticism.
Joe's Garage is a classic forum troll. Review his posts - none, not one single, nada, zip, post has contributed anything to the betterment of the Cobra community.

You'd think that someone with a "kit" in his garage would be all over the scratch builder's forum. Nope.

If Jamo really wants to mete out justice then the proper answer is not to ban anyone, but to shut down this topic, all clones of it, and to forever lock all such future discussions. Make a sticky pointing to these few topics, and lock new topics with a pointer to the sticky so people can refer to them.

Why?

Everything that can be said has been said. Both sides have presented their arguments over and over again, and no one is going to change their minds about their position. This couldn't be any more of a political discussion than one on politics.

And nothing from this group of failed behaviour modificationalists will change the description of my Cobra as a "Geniuine Shelby Cobra". Neither will the remaining 1000+ owners who either don't know about this place or do know and write it off for what it really is: The world's largest biased Cobra site.
Ron61, REAL 1 and Al G like this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 10-22-2015 at 05:23 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Oh brother...

Dear Joe come lately,

Thanks for your help... I fixed the commentary as per your recommendation. But now it is a tragedy with a sad ending, no longer a comedy... Shame... Hopefully one of the protagonists can grow, and see the light.

--

Here you go:

3 guys each walk into a bar.
Each of them order a glass of Coke.

The first guy, Rod gets a Pepsi-cola.

The second guy, Mr CSX3, a Coca-cola in a bottle, with a red label, you know... the stuff we all know as the ORIGINAL, the AUTHENTIC, the REAL thing.

The third guy, Evan, gets a Coke Zero, proclaiming that HIS drink is the AUTHENTIC and REAL coke, because it's produced and licensed by the COCA-COLA company the original founders and creators.

Not really giving a chit, but figured it might be nice to offer a helping hand, a fourth and fifth and sixth gent, all chime in with a - "Pssst, hey Evan, you know your Coke aint REAL?" to which Evan replies - But the facts, law and registry say so...

Now these guys have been playing this game for some years, mostly harmless nonsense and mostly without malice... They are friends, despite the distance, quick to help each other along the way. But just lately, a ill mannered new voice is trying to be heard... However this voice is obtuse, comes with hostility. People soon tire of the voice, and add it to their ignore list... What a shame...

Badda-boom!

--

Now Joe, while you're on this personal quest to police others, and right the wrongs on what people have posted on the internet, can I kindly suggest you get started with wikipedia... have fun!

...and while you're there, ask yourself these question, why the need to be so hostile to others...?
In nearly 300 posts, have you had a nice thing to say to anyone about anything? Or given someone here a helping hand?

Enjoy your evening & good luck with wikipedia
Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Jamo is a wise person. He may be enjoying this as much as us. Evan is epic.
Ha! Gets a lot of bandwidth too. From a Professional point of view it sure would be fascinating to put Evan on "the couch"
Dimis likes this.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCOBRA View Post
Jamo is a wise person. He may be enjoying this as much as us. Evan is epic.
Ha! Gets a lot of bandwidth too. From a Professional point of view it sure would be fascinating to put Evan on "the couch"
I don't know... Classic Inferiority complex comes to mind... and wait for it... it aint Evan
Al G likes this.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Do you know me?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCOBRA View Post
Do you know me?
If you're asking me... Nope, not that I'm aware.

Kindly, it aint directed at you, apologies I gave you that impression
I kind of agree with most all your post.
JBCOBRA likes this.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Oh brother...

Dear Joe come lately,

Thanks for your help... I fixed the commentary as per your recommendation. But now it is a tragedy with a sad ending, no longer a comedy... Shame... Hopefully one of the protagonists can grow, and see the light.

--

Here you go:

3 guys each walk into a bar.
Each of them order a glass of Coke.

The first guy, Rod gets a Pepsi-cola.

The second guy, Mr CSX3, a Coca-cola in a bottle, with a red label, you know... the stuff we all know as the ORIGINAL, the AUTHENTIC, the REAL thing.

The third guy, Evan, gets a Coke Zero, proclaiming that HIS drink is the AUTHENTIC and REAL coke, because it's produced and licensed by the COCA-COLA company the original founders and creators.

Not really giving a chit, but figured it might be nice to offer a helping hand, a fourth and fifth and sixth gent, all chime in with a - "Pssst, hey Evan, you know your Coke aint REAL?" to which Evan replies - But the facts, law and registry say so...

Now these guys have been playing this game for some years, mostly harmless nonsense and mostly without malice... They are friends, despite the distance, quick to help each other along the way. But just lately, a ill mannered new voice is trying to be heard... However this voice is obtuse, comes with hostility. People soon tire of the voice, and add it to their ignore list... What a shame...

Badda-boom!

--

Now Joe, while you're on this personal quest to police others, and right the wrongs on what people have posted on the internet, can I kindly suggest you get started with wikipedia... have fun!

...and while you're there, ask yourself these question, why the need to be so hostile to others...?
In nearly 300 posts, have you had a nice thing to say to anyone about anything? Or given someone here a helping hand?

Enjoy your evening & good luck with wikipedia

It wasn't funny the first time. Standup comedy is hard. Don't quit your day job.
REAL 1 and Dimis like this.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
I don't know... Classic Inferiority complex comes to mind... and wait for it... it aint Evan
Got a problem?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Now that a fair number of you have beat each other up...everyone STFU for awhile.

...or folks will simply start disappearing with no notice.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Ok...now let's get back to having whatever discussion folks really think is necessary about real vs. replica in a reasonable manner...no personal or demeaning attacks by or against anyone.

I picked up a new watch over the weekend, so here's fair warning that I will bore you to death about it if this gets off track again.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

New watch, Jamo?

New to you... as in a vintage, manual wind chrono?
Old 10-23-2015, 04:03 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

One often needs to think before posting. So before you post on this thread, listen to this entire video. Once you are done listening to it, consider your thoughts about what you want to say. Write them down on a piece of paper. Wad it up. Throw it in the garbage can. Then, get on with your life.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdmOVejUlI[/ame]
Old 10-23-2015, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
One often needs to think before posting. So before you post on this thread, listen to this entire video. Once you are done listening to it, consider your thoughts about what you want to say. Write them down on a piece of paper. Wad it up. Throw it in the garbage can. Then, get on with your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdmOVejUlI
It was effectively dead until YOU revived it.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys, I own a Backdraft, Lic # "65 ssnake", I tell people it's a replica of a 1965 427 Shelby Cobra. I am a bad person?
Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

Holy Molly Evan,
Are you seriously saying that non Shelby owners are beating you up? Either you have a Shelby Cobra or you don't. You know, if you insist, I think most here can agree to say you have an original that was built some time after that model year was produced. Who cares? If you do that's all that matters. I believe you may be one of those people who cannot be wrong no matter if its only a tiny wrong.

You can moan and complain about being beat up. But please admit the fact you absolutely love the attention your getting. This high you have right now will not be soon forgot or equaled.
Closed Thread