Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually I have never wondered that.

I wouldn't care anyway....I have had mine for almost three years so I am getting tired of it.....

Is yours running yet?

C'mon, Creeper- lighten up! I am just kidding with you now!

The point you made was obvious - but what did you hope to accomplish by making it?

I would love to follow you around after you get your car built....make sure you don't ever go over the speed limit, NEVER light up the tires, etc. Somehow, I don't think so. So whenever you stand on it, please remember what you said in this thread.

Pat
Old 07-11-2002, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Creeper would never commit a crime.
He would never register a brand new Cobra replica as a "67" or anything like that, would he? Neah, I guess not!

TURK
Old 07-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gatewa...II/LPDRIDE.wmv
Old 07-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH HHHHIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron-

Totally illegal! Driving down the wrong side of the road, illegal u-turn! - exhibition of speed, exceeding the speed limit, breaking the local noise ordinances!

So that polce officer looked like he was having fun, huh?

Amazing how much fun we had at the 'fling.

I am sure glad we didn't all decide that all that activity was irresponsible! They probably wouldn't have invited us back!

Next year I am going to have more cubic inches and a flame thrower set up out the pipes on the car so when the officer tells me to "light them up" I really will!

Pat
Old 07-11-2002, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Maybe Turk can drive and you can hang your a$$ over the sidepipes to really light them up. Sorry, my comments would seem to steer this toward the lounge.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ERA- a controlled burn out??? I guess if your sandle got caught and made the gas pedal get stuck all the people standing so close could have grabbed hold of the car and kept it straight. The officers who condoned this should have gotten a rip from their Chief. If you want to do a burn out go do it in a lot all by yourself with no one around. You have to remember that lots of people read these boards and some younger adults. This kind of irresponsible behavior shouldn't be applauded. Many people here on the board get on the ricers for doing the same thing. I'm not saying you have to be a Saint. But, that was way over the top. Take it out on a lonely road with no one around where you subject only yourself to harm and tickets. You subjected yourself to tremendous liability had something gone wrong. It's all fun and game until someone gets killed. Was that a little old lady at the end of the line when you did the last burnout? Yes my car is running and I might just do a burn out in my driveway. .

Turk - no I wouldn't commit a crime. If I do I lose my job. My car will be registered as a 2001 Roadster until NY passes the law allowing it to be registered as a 1965. Controlled burnout? Hardly. Police supervision? Hardly, it would have been under a closed coarse. I sure you know police officers aren't trained for cobra burnouts. Would you like to give a copy to the police chief and see what happens?

I was the one who had to pick up the pieces and explain to parents when a hot rodder lost control of a burnout just like yours. 1 kid killed, 15 to the hospital with serious injuries. Not only did the driver want to kill himself afterwards he went to jail for 5 years for manslaughter. It was all fun and games until then. That cruise night was cancelled for good after 20+ years in the same location.

Enough of the lecture. Not saying guys shouldn't be guys, but at least don't play into the crowd and do something stupid. I'm glad no one was hurt. Next time pick an empty lot or an empty road. Let's be a little responsible.

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage

Last edited by creeper; 07-11-2002 at 11:58 PM..
Old 07-11-2002, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If I did it in a lot all by myself, then how would anyone know I did it?

And if no one knew that I did it then what would be the point?

I was just glad it was on video so that more people can appreciate the sheer exuberance of it!

How often do you get to see and hear a healthy big block with straight pipes smoking the tires just a few feet from where you are standing?

You must realize that I am a trained driver and this kind of thing comes naturally to me - so if any children are reading this, YOU MUST NOT TRY THIS!!

Thanks for your concerns, Creeper- seriously. What do/did you do for a living that got you on the clean up detail for the wreck you described?

Pat
Old 07-11-2002, 11:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ERA535

Thanks for your concerns, Creeper- seriously. What do/did you do for a living that got you on the clean up detail for the wreck you described?

Pat
Police officer. One of my area's jobs was to attempt to keep the cruise night in check. I had just left for another call and they thought they could horse around while I was gone. I had to return shortly to that. The crowd that was egging him, turned to anger afterwards and flipped over his 69 Mustang. It was a mess. Closed casket for the young kid who didn't make it.

Well if you did it in a lot alone with the same video camera we would still know.

So, we would see your point.

Wanna come do some in my driveway with me?

Notice the correct hand position when doing a controlled burn out.

My Buildpage

Last edited by creeper; 07-12-2002 at 12:13 AM..
Old 07-12-2002, 12:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, who was the big chubby guy at the end wearing the gashole hat?

My Buildpage
Old 07-12-2002, 12:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This thread bothered me enough to have spent more time on it than I should. But I did. My motivation was folks claiming to be so self righteous that they cross the line between being concerned because they really care and to be seen preaching.
So I went back and did a search.

This is after creeper whom I knew to be a "police officer" claimed he would never commit a crime. I beg to differ.

Taking the law into your hands because some kid "keyed your car" would be a crime. It would not be very becoming of you. Your Chief would regard that to be a abuse of power. Suggesting others to do the same also could be categorized as being "irresponsible".

On another occasion "taking a bat" to deal with a situation could also be regarded as NOT the most responsible thing to do.

You see, creeper...we all have it in us to behave antisocially at times. I could not sit here and tell you that the numerous burnouts performed by many that night were the most responsible thing they ever did, nor can I argue that they were so well supervised that it was 100% safe. I can't do that.

I guess we all do some irresponsible things, once in a while. It is just that we don't look for an opening to chastise others when such an opportunity present themselves.

I am sure you too have done a thing or two, you prefferred your kids or those in here never found out. God knows I have. Many a time I walked away asking myself "WHAT WAS I THINKING"?

I don't know a single soul out there who bought a Cobra because they always drive the speed limit 100% of the time. I doubt it you are the only exception.

Honestly I am not picking a fight with you or trying to pick on you, I am after any hypocrisy that may be laying around your daily activities.

If your criticsm of what we did was purely for your concern for our and the other's safety, I apologize. I just don't think that was the case.

I have to be careful if I ever drive through your jurisdiction, I hate getting a speeding ticket for 2 miles over the speed limit. Are you EVER off duty?

TURK
I thought your concern was insurance!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jamo.

TURK
Old 07-12-2002, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Wink Oh No!

Creeper,

You scare me, and I am fearless. Dump that Cobra project, and get yourself a hybred car. You won't be tempted to burnout even in the driveway. What if a seagull flew in the cockpit while you were doing a burnout, and got lodged between the gas and brake pedal?

I will find a different format to save these under.

Anyone want to see the dyno test of TURKS car, or the 2 miles of Cobras?

Eric

PS Creeper, just ribbin ya!
Old 07-12-2002, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

I want to see the dyno run. Hopefully Turk wasn't so reckless and out of control on the dyno, but I can only hope.

If Eric edits the videos to be smaller, will quality suffer? I honestly would rather have a larger, quality clip. I want my neighbors to feel they were there too!

Last edited by Specialk; 07-12-2002 at 05:39 AM..
Old 07-12-2002, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Having witnessed and participated in both burnout events at the Quaker Steak & Lube, and in the town of London it did occur to me that it probably wasn't the best place to demonstrate the performance of our cars. HOWEVER, if the audience felt that they were in danger it was quite possible to walk away from the area, and the drivers although not professional were not 18year old kids, under the influence, driving past thier ablilities. Being that we are all adults I think we understand the risks involved (as participants and spectators). Those that are upset with Creepers remarks (and I am not making light of the tragedy he witnessed) should not take the bait. My attitude about it was if the police don't have a problem with it and I am driving within my ablitities, what is the issue? Hindsight being the best teacher, I do know that DV has already taken steps to make certain that next years "events" are done in a safer manner with concrete barriers and a stop point.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Hmmmm...

And you boys wash your hands before dinner, look both ways when crossing the street and don't run with scissors or you'll grow up just like your sister greeper...

As JM would say Jaysus...

Last edited by searanch; 07-12-2002 at 08:01 AM..
Old 07-12-2002, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

I looked at the video, and it looked like Pat backed off it at about 15 mph. Not too irresponsible!
________
Old 07-12-2002, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, FE 428
Not Ranked     

JAMO said it best and I agree, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUU
UUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the "correct hand position", let's not glamorize as the media does. The burnout was over and he was almost stopped.

Better go put my helmet on now, I'm heading out for a walk!

Gene
Old 07-12-2002, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Light'm Up!

Looks to me like the only thing that could have been hit on the first burnout was a bunch of motorcycles!

Second pass, the toes of two funny looking gents with their hats on backwards!

Mike