Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2003, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Gasholes is a registered Trademark of Gasholes International. Any use of the logo, likeness or the mere mention of the name must have prior approval of G.Int.

Watch it!

TURK
Old 04-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Sue me...but bite me first.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

In the words of Sir Mix Alot (a rapper), "put'em on the glass".

You fit pretty well in the Fiat Jamo!
Old 04-08-2003, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Smile

I guess I have got to pay more attention. When did the fund drive start?
Steven
Old 04-08-2003, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

Damn, Jamo, that would be one huge bite
Old 04-08-2003, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

I took Jamo for a ride in my english gentleman's car once.

I am sure the springs on the passenger side have settled a lot more than on my side. Now don't go getting confused about which side is which, we've been there already.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Jim,
After your pointed questions I went back and read everything in here once more, and came to the same conclusions.

I have no boobs, therefore I can't have them twisted.
By the same token there is a "boob" in here somewhere.

How's this for a compromise?

We collect , let's say $10,000 and give Brent whatever he needs to run the forum, and take the rest of the money donate it to a worthwhile charity like Carroll Shelby Heart Foundation.

Would that make everyone happy then?

TURK
Knock yourself out Turk. If I'm a "boob" for asking a simple question then whatever you do will obviously be beyond my comprehension anyway.

Cheers
Jim
Old 04-08-2003, 06:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

That crapping Eagle bit cracked me up. I'm in my cubicle (remember, I work for an insurance company, I'd have to run the damn thing to get an "office"), and started bursting out laughing.

As for Brent and the money, I hope he spends it on whatever he damn well wants. If he wants to donate it to charity, great. If he wants to buy a new motor, buy the best damn one you can. The only thing I'm afraid of is that he will use it to buy hundreds of raffle tickets at the Fling! Don't do it Brent, that car has my name on it!

Brent has provided us all a place to come, regardless of what make of Cobra we have, or if we even have one. We can brag about our cars, advertise, promote, complain, talk, whatever. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to organize the get together I have planned. Would the Fling be as big as it is without ClubCobra? (I know DV is working his ass off, but I think he would fully agree this forum has helped it grow by leaps and bounds). I for one support it to the fullest. Thanks again, Brent.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just thinking and sometimes it hurts!
If it was not for Brent and his love for cobras there would be no CC then where would I get the help that I find here.Has saved me time and money.

Thanks Brent
and thank you Turk
Will be sending my check this payday
Bill
Old 04-08-2003, 07:55 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default On us!

I hope we collect way more than is needed. Brent, you take a vacation on us if we do. You deserve it man. I don't know what I would do with out this site.
Thanks
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 04-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Eagle crap

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 04-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Ed Digges
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #328 w/ 390FE
Not Ranked     

I really don't care what Brent uses the money for, just as long as you don't buy any crack because we all know there is too much on this site already. This site is my fix. I always have to check in to see what is on the topic. I have learned more than I need to know & I am sure there will be a ton more to learn when I get the Cobra project started.

Catch ya later
Ed
Old 04-08-2003, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Jim Colman,

What was wrong with the idea of donating the excess to such a charity? If you are trying to undermine the effort, it is NOT working. Last year I had to battle with TOIVO, (you remember Toivo, don't you). This year it is you.

All the controversy is actually good for business. It keeps bringing attention to the thread by bringing it to the top.

If you really want to hurt our efforts, try NOT responding to it. Maybe that will work.

TURK
Old 04-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jamo,..LOLOLOL........I havnt seen that much cleavage since "Sweeta Mellons " moved out of her little pink trailer.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk,
Didn't I say in my first post that maybe you should donate the excess to charity???? Next thing I know, you're jumping all over me saying that you're not about to waste your time donating to any charity, now you come back with this crap about me wanting to "hurt your efforts" and "what's wrong with donating to charitys"!!!!

Turk, what have I failed to make clear here?

Christ almighty, I feel like the little boy who cried out that the emperor has no clothes!!

Cheers
Jim
Old 04-08-2003, 09:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,

I dont know you, and I dont want to offend you , but this isnt a religious organization, it does not as far as I know have a "non profit status"$40,000 wouldnt pay me to run this site, this site is not the property of the government ,and any for profit private status should certainly benefit its creator, Im sorry you are not making as much money here as you hoped ,the only guy here who cant keep his clothes on is Jamo, the emperor has his clothes on and you are babbling
Old 04-08-2003, 10:06 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Default NO CONTROVERSY HERE?

WOW, DID I START SOMETHING?
I AGREE WITH ALL WHO HAVE DONATED OR PLAN TO DO SO. THIS SITE COST MONEY TO RUN AND MAINTAIN, AND IT IS UP TO THOSE OF US WHO CHOOSE TO USE IT TO HELP DEFRAY THE COSTS.
ENOUGH SAID ON MY PART!
NOW; SHOW TURK THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry Karl, I don't see it that way. I'll try not to "babble" on but let me explain once and for all what I mean.

Turk asks us to all pony up for the annual donations to this site. I ask how much does it cost to run this site. According to Brent, the advertising revenue pretty much pays for the month to month operating costs. End of disscussion. I got my question answered.

I think you guys are reading into this whole thing that I'm pissed that I couldn't sell more videos here. Nothing is farther from the truth. Ever since 1999, when I first started selling my video on this site, I've sold less than 100 here. Hardly a money making venture. I offered my video, at a discount, to other ClubCobra members. The 15% discount is basically my profit.

I sell about 20 a month on other sites, at full price, so the fact that I have or haven't sold many videos here is irreverent. I only mentioned it to help explain why I wouldn't be donating this year.

Trust me, I am not trying to subvert any efforts you guys have at showing your appreciation to Brent. I showed my appreciation to CC for the past four years by selling my video at cost to CC members and by sending a check for $50 each year that fundraising was necessary.

No more.

Cheers
Jim

edit: correction. I checked my database. I have sold 107 videos on this site since 1999. The total discount that CC members saved (my profit) was $856. Add to that the $$ I have given to CC over the years in donations and I figured that I have "donated" over $1,000 to keep this place up and running.

It's ok guys, you don't have to thank me, your warm and fuzzy responses are enough.

Last edited by Jim Colman; 04-08-2003 at 10:24 AM..
Old 04-08-2003, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Jim,
You're a good guy but in all honesty I still can't figure out why you would post such a thing. This is one thread you should have passed on. If you needed to know all that about this site before a donation is made then you should have made several attempts to contact Brent or Turk and made your concerns in a private matter. I think we all are aware that brent is not a charity case and I think a donation is really more of an appreciation for keeping all of us happy with a damn good informitave site. ( not to mention all the comedy you get.)
I went back and reread the whole thing and that's what it boils down to. You had to know that you were throwing a sirloin into a den of hungry Gasholes.

Hersh

PS. The eagle reference comes from my days in the service. That's what we all referred to as pay day. The eagle being the Government and the monthly pay being the sh!t.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Thanks Hersh. I figured it had some reference to pay day, but wasn't exactly sure of the connection. Now it's clear

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Closed Thread