15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2003, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Default Rick, we gotta talk.......

Rick:

As your advsior, I feel compelled to suggest that you reconsider Jamo as Press Secretary. While his ability to communicate clearly is unmatched, he speaks a language the liberal pressies will not comprehend. They will think he is from another planet.

How about Jamo as your negotiator/enforcer and Ron as Press Sec?

Just a thought.

"There ain't nuthin' fun about havin' money in the bank."

"If I were smarter, I'd probably know a lot more."
Old 08-20-2003, 11:59 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Jamo for press secretary

I just like his way of cutting through the $hit. Although he may be to busy with his flying lessons........
Attached Images

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamo

It's just some people are a$$holes. [/b]
I couldn't agree more, but I do like theorize about the nature v. nurture argument. I tend to believe that some people are just born a$$holes, while other a$$holes are created. But either way, an a$$hole is an a$$hole is an a$$hole.

Rick-
I love that picture. LMAO.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Last edited by Chaplin; 08-20-2003 at 12:04 PM..
Old 08-20-2003, 12:10 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Talking

Hey My state is better built than your state, not only that, but we have more Cobras than yours.

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Stryffeler

Bill,

I wasn't looking down at your car, just the fact that you are from New Jersey

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-20-2003, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Talking

If you're a Cobra snob then you might have the same philosophy
as this guy....

Hersh

Last edited by BT SNAKE; 12-11-2008 at 08:04 PM..
Old 08-20-2003, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

I guess that guy is interdependant.....his face depends on his A$$ and his A$$ depends on his face......
Old 08-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Rambling

To quote Shakespear "An a$$hole by any other name would still smell as.............. " Well you get the idea So Chaplin is correct, an a$$hole is an a$$hole. But ponder this, is it natural to nuture an a$$hole?

Hersh: That is going to be a tough situation to fix. How is he going to take the laxative? It does lend new meaning to the phrase 'eat $hit'.

My father always said "all $hit stinks". No matter what high horse some one rides in on, $hit is still $hit and none shall abide by the odor thereof!

Sorry Bill, Ohio has more Cobras than Jersey so we got you!

I like my shift knob just fine thank you!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Last edited by rdorman; 08-20-2003 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-20-2003, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

White faced gauges. I remember a post where a "original air in the tires" type Cobra snob declared he wouldn't park next to a replica with white faced gauges.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default look up

The same way the big block boys look down on the slab sides?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Or maybe it's something about wearing a "Factory-Built Replica" tee-shirt. Like writeing a big check is somehow more admirable than actually doing something yourself.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And heaven forbid that you are caught with a, dare I even mention the word, stereo, in your Cobra.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Default Circle the Wagons!

Hey Jim.............

Since I don't have an engine (yet), I sorta' fall in the middle between the SB crowd and the BB minority.

It's been my observation of several Cobra forums over the last six months that the BB people seem to have a "siege" mentality. They are constantly being assaulted, questioned, harassed, and made the object of what amounts to an on-going comparision of engine size to a particular body part. All this from the SB group. There appears to be a never-ending struggle that both sides seem to greatly enjoy. If possible, both sides look "down" on the other.

Where else can you have so much fun?

67Cobra: Give me a break, I couldn't have built a car if I had wanted too. Even if I had, I would have refused to ride in it. I do good to check the oil level and air pressure in the tires. I recently installed a tach in my GTO. I took out an ad in the local newspaper to express my joy and pride (is it possible to have negative rpms?)

You gotta' do what ya do best. In my case, it's writing a check.

Last edited by StephenC; 08-20-2003 at 01:36 PM..
Old 08-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default SB or BB

Get a Cleveland and have a little of both!
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-20-2003, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

The only attitude I've ever been subjected to was when I parked my Superformance next to a stunning original black 427 at a local car show.
The old guy and his pal would have none of my friendly overtures or compliments. He finally looked into my engine bay and said, "Well - at least you put a Ford motor in it."
Since he seemed to have a cobb in his rectum the entire afternoon, I couldn't help but wonder why he stooped to show off his museum piece at a small event where the cars were primarily wacked out hot rods anyway.
I figured he must be the kind of guy who complains that the food is bad - and there's not nearly enough of it.
He didn't win anything either.
Guess he should've tried Pebble Beach.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve

I don't have problem with the writing a check part, but the "Factory-Built Replica" tee-shirt seems snobby to me.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wish I Could

Mike:

I was just expressing my great envy of you guys who have the mechanical knowledge and ability to build (and maintain) something like a Cobra replica.

What few talents I have lie in other areas.

Old 08-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Cobra snobs? What is that?

Is it the guy who says my car is better designed?

Is it the guy who says my car performs just as good for half the price?

Is it the guy who says my car is better engineered than an original or a new Shelby for a fraction of the cost for either?

Is it the guy who says I didn't get ripped off by overpaying for a name?

Is it the guy who refers to everyones car as FPSB? (I think this is an acyronym for fake plasitc **** box)

Is it the guy who says his Cobra is a REAL Cobra (although not original) when others claim its nothing but a replica fakey doo?

Well, maybe some cars are better designed than others. Maybe some cars perform better for 1/2 the price and the fact is the new Continuation Cobras are REAL Cobras. Why does it make someone a snob to point out why their car is better designed, or performs better or is a REAL Cobra in the context of a discussion on the subject?

The guys who can hang out together, like at the DV Fling, and have beers together and laugh and bust each others chops, regardless of the fact some own $130K Cobras and some $25K replica Cobras..those guys aren't the snobs regardless of any differences in opinions they may have.

No, you see to me a Cobra snob is someone who puts others down because of what they have, ridicules them, personally insults them because of what they have and their opinions stated in the context of a discussion on the subject and seeks to exclude them because of what they have or how they choose to enjoy their car..those are the snobs.

So in short a Cobra snob also includes those people who put others down because they don't "race" or go to the track and are just "F'n" waxers, and called or refered to in other demeaning and insulting ways because they just "show and shine". Wouldn't you include them in the category of Cobra snobs??? They seem to qualify as some sort of snob regardless even if not a "Cobra" snob IMHO. Does this type of snobbery bother you?

Bill, you wouldn't know any guys that fit this description would you?
Old 08-20-2003, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to PDHse
Not Ranked     
Cool

This is a great thread , i can,t afford a cobra, real or replica. I just like them and reading you guys threads is very amusing especially Stephen C, great sense of humour.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

I believe that when people put down others' Cobras, things, houses, pools, wife (or girlfriend), etc, theyare trying to make up some inadequacy in their own lives. Maybe they have low self-esteem; maybe they cant get it up twice (or more!) in one nite; maybe they have totally alienated their friends so that they have so very few friends left; maybe they hate their life, stuck in a job they dislike intensely; the only way they can feel good is to ridicule and demean others, thus attempting to drag others down to their own pathetic level. You cant please everyone. There is always someone who is not happy until they are unhappy. Sorry for the rant.

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Smile

Bill,
I see a "Snob" as someone who uses an activity or thing as a platform to prove himself/ herself smarter or superior in some way to others. So the obvious conclusion must be that they have an inferiority complex of some sort.
Yeah, I have let people like that get under my skin more than a few times, but upon reflection realize that whatever I say or do, they will always represent a certain percent of the population. I have ZERO control over that. Why worry about, or waste your time thinking about something of which you have no control?
I don't know what those guys said that got under you skin. Even if you could snap your fingers and "make them disappear", you and I both know three more will be born to take their place.
You only have so much time on this planet. Try to not let people like that steal it from you.
Steven

Last edited by Steve R; 08-20-2003 at 04:29 PM..