Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2003, 09:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lowell, I'm not sure I understand the point there? Shelby certainly could do that. Saleen does it to the new ones and with SOME but not TOTAL cooperation from Ford.

I guess Ford wouldn't HAVE to sell Saleen Stangs in their show room, but they do! SOME Ford dealers COULD sell the new "Eleanors" in their showroom, but I think thats rare (if at all).

I understand Ford will NOT let Saleen "purchase" for "re-sale" in THEIR dealerships the Double Over Head Cam with Super Charger SVT edition V-8. Saleen can ONLY use the single OHC. The horse power therefore is about equal, Ford "factory" vs Saleen "modified".

Rumor has it Shelby will be working with Ford on a "modified" new Mustang for sale by FORD. I suspect this will be a "mostly" Ford effort with "input" from Shelby on "how to do it". I DOUBT that SAI will acutally be involved with "hands on" modifications of the new Mustang (when and if that happens)?

I BET it will be equal to anything Saleen has to offer.

Ernie
Old 08-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Ernie, Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was referring to the "old title/new title" thing: Eleanor car vs. the original GT350/500's.

If CS could build the Shelby GT Mustangs in the '60's from new cars, why couldn't he (or his) build (or lend his name to) whatever-he-wants-to-call-em's from used '60's Mustangs and then resell them? Shelby doesn't need Ford dealers when there's ebay.

Perhaps the new Mustangs to which you're referring will be made in South Africa?
Old 08-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah,,,I'm still fuzzy on that "title" thing actually. It was clear how it worked in the "old days". The cars came under the new Ford car thing.

These Eleanors,,,,I don't know what it all means when you get to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles in any given state and ATTEMPT to register!

Ernie

EDIT: In fact I was JUST talking to someone who HAS ordered and hopes to take delivery SOON of an SAI 289 car (he was NOT happy to hear about the new CAV models being offered, oops)!

The ASSUMPTION was this: Shelby is a "recognized" manufacturer of cars, therefore, the title\registration IS no problem. I told him I THOUGHT there MIGHT be a problem! I'm pretty sure SAI cars are NO DIFFERENT in that regard as other "re-creations". Am I wrong? I hope for HIS sake, I am!

Last edited by Excaliber; 08-24-2003 at 10:20 AM..
Old 08-24-2003, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1427
Not Ranked     

OMG! Some of you guys can twist words and insert your own projected thoughts worse than your saggy-boobed ex-wives. Stop by an English Comp class and buy yourself a "continuation" clue.

Wishing someone dead? ... Death wishes? Telling me to stop the personal attacks and then someone calls me a child? Isn't that an example of hyprocrisy? In the immortal words of Bart Simpson, "Bite Me."

My statement was "He should have died years ago .. before he had the chance to eff up his reputation even worse." - Meaning, the longer he lives .. only allows him more time and opportunity to eff-up his reputation further ... but I truely doubt he can do much more damage to it that he has already.

And Turk, .. if the Smith Brothers were to conduct themselves in the professional world like CS, then I would call that kettle a name just like the pot. I love how they offered a discount to all new buyers after they won their lawsuit v. CS. .. HA! Classic.

So let's get my words and their meanings clear ...

I didn't come here to pick a fight. Turk obviously did when he became involved on a personal level at the same time he waved his Moderator Flag. Ya poke me, I poke back. I stated my opinion on the car and the idea that putting the "Shelby" name on it is straight up BS... and I didn't sugar coat it. End of story.

I didn't WISH anyone dead .. nor make a Death Threat. Merely stated dying earlier in life would have protected SOME of his reputation viewed by the enthusiasts.

A chip on shoulder? More mis-interpretations on your part. If you guys would stop tossing around YOUR attitude enriched opinion as being the only one that matters, then I wouldn't take a swing at it would my big fat internet bat. Normally, I am a very cordial person .. but when you attempt to piss down my back and tell me it's raining .. my demeanor has a tendency to change.
Old 08-24-2003, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

You wouldn't think two similar words so close in meaning COULD or SHOULD make that much of a difference.They do.

"should have died" somehow sounds so much different than "would have died".

Then maybe it is me, English is not my native tongue and I frequently employ the dictionary. Sometimes the dictionary does confuse me.You WOULDN'T think it SHOULD. But it does.

Let' let this one go into the memory lane.

You are digging yourself deeper as you explain yourself further. Recommendation would be to say no more and let others guess how much more hatred someone is capable of, rather than remove any doubt.

Some of us think his reputation is very much intact. So no need for you to wish him a certain death before he "eff'ed it any more.

I think CS can list a whole bunch of accomplishments that would enhance his reputation. I don't think he worries too much if you and I approve of them. He is not done yet!
What will be on your epitaph?

He also showed a lot of class, after loosing his lawsuit he went out and offered a CSX car to the masses for under $40K.

"If Smith Bros. were to conduct themselves...."
Who do you want to decide if Smith's were conducting themselves properly. ME?

Who the hell am I to call them a POS because I didn't agree with the way they conduct themselves.

Same applies to you too. You are way too short of talent and authority to decide if Shelby is short of YOUR expectations. He seems to satisfy others just fine.

It is not that you disagree with what he is doing that bothers me. It is the fact that, because you disagree he should be the target of insults.

I don't believe you have that right no more than I do if I didn't approve of Smith Bros'way of doing business.
Three years in a row I have been an active participant in raising money for one of Smith Bros. daughters, Jenny.

If I thought they were a POS I would wit hold support, and not just go out and call someone a POS.

It is easy to resort to verbal assaults when the recipient is an 80 year old man.
I bet you wouldn't say that to his face, if he was standing there and was in his 30's and built like he could take your head off.

Pat might have been a little nice when he merely called your behavior "childish". there are other adjectives for it.
Forum decorum doesn't allow for me to list them.

If you pay attention, for a change I am not typing this as a moderator. It is just me , TURK. So, no moderator clout on this one.

This is just me. Take it or leave it.

If your wishes had come through, and indeed Shelby died at an earlier age, you and I would probably not be here because Cobra as we know it, may have remained a vision that died with him as well.

Maybe you wish, he died as a teen. Either way, now or later when he is dead and gone, he will leave behind a family and a long line of fans who will be glad to be mourning his passing, while you drink another pitcher of beer celebrating his death.

Your bat is NOT that big use it very carefully you will strike out.
You are right about one thing it is NOT raining.

You didn't "come here to fight", why are you here then? Actually had you have come in here to fight, you wouldn't have lasted here that long.
As it is , you just got here and look what you have done.
Shame on you.

If I found out that you are in your teens, shame on me for wasting my time with you so far.

If you are anything past 19, an adult and feel the way you do, SHAME ON YOU!!

TURK
Old 08-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Thanks, Bud...apology accepted.
Old 08-24-2003, 04:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Svobud,

As one FFR owner (ok, I've owned two so far, but currently own a nice Contemporary) to another, time for you to stop, look, and listen. Your remarks were not taken well by anyone.............

Turk,

My big block Contemporary is faster than your No Block CSX4000 series.

svobud & Turk,

Time for the two of you to step away from the computer. You think I get in to it a little too deeply...At least I have my manic side to blame it on.................What about the two of you.....................

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-24-2003, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill,
I don't have a small or a big block at this time. I just had a couple of friends push in Dan Semko's CSX into my garage. No Block.
The trip starts again.

I can't step away from the computer.
I am on duty today.

TURK
It is kind a scary when the cooler head that is prevailing is YOURS!!
Old 08-24-2003, 05:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Cool

There was a time when I was asked to be a moderator here...But I knew better, as my head is not always screwed on straight, and my ermotions get the better of me. Guess that makes me human.........

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by Turk

It is kind a scary when the cooler head that is prevailing is YOURS!!

Old 08-24-2003, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Besides your spelling would have stunk up the place.....
I also have a lot of ermotions in this place when I post as ME on subjects that matter to ME.

I have no ermotions when I have to be a referee.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:37 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Cool

I hate when I misspell words. Sometimes I catch them, other times I don't...Oh well. At least I have a Cobra that runs and drives right now, hell, even put 120 miles on it today, and never left my county............

Bill S.

Quote:

Besides your spelling would have stunk up the place.....
I also have a lot of ermotions in this place when I post as ME on subjects that matter to ME.

I have no ermotions when I have to be a referee.

Old 08-24-2003, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 08-24-2003, 06:02 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Old 08-24-2003, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Get well soon.

TURK
Old 08-24-2003, 06:17 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Think I'll run for your state Senate:

Can't do any worse than the rest of your lovely candidates.

Quote:

Get well soon.

TURK

Old 08-24-2003, 06:19 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

On second thought, forget about it. I just heard there is no intelligent life left there:

Bill S.

PS: Ok, my humor tonight is a bit on the dry side.........

Old 08-24-2003, 06:23 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Ok, last one for now:

Old 08-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hey Bill, those were good posts!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:26 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Cool

And all in a row no less. Must be on the upswing of my manic phase this evening after all.

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyCollector

Hey Bill, those were good posts!

Old 08-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Ron: I think I have good taste also. Funny that two guys with such good taste can differ over the GT500E. I think its pretty cool at a modifed muscle car.

Does it belong in the registry? I'm sure it will be in its own special category. Does it dilute the Registry? Things change and evolve with time. Who would have ever thought there would have been such a retro craze. Everything from the PT Cruiser to the new Ford GT. Point is while the new GT500E is not a Shelby product per se it is endorsed by Shelby. As a Shelby endorsed product, and as we now have new Shelby products and the re=emergence of SAI heretofore never expected to reappear even 10 years ago maybe the recognition rules need to change somewhat.

In short, I have no problem with SAAC making new accomodations for new Shelby products or even certain products officially endorsed by Shelby in the Registry. After all while the original purpose of the Registry was to document Shelby Cobras it must also be flexible enough to change with the "times". In short in light of the re-emergence of SAI and Shelby's activity in the auto industry the Registry should keep track of these automobiles because one day they to will be part of the Shelby storey and history.

While I think the GT500E is priced too high I would love to have one.

SVOBud: I echo Turk's comments. Not much more I can add except to say your posts make you out to be very bitter and hateful towards CS and SAI by extension. Why? Was it the lawsuit? How did that impact you personally? My guess it had nothing to do with you personally. I need not get into the details of the litigation except to say that, if he was going to launch litigation he did so about 15 years too late. Otherwise the result might have been much different. But thats another debate.

Your comments indicating someone should have died years ago is offensive and out of line and I hope you realize it. We are dealing with a hobby, at the center of which is a car. Nothing more important than that. Hobbies are supposed to be fun and bring people who have a common interest together to exchange discorse and ideas about the hobby. Nothing about this hobby is so serious, at least to me that I would make comments such as you did about another person.

I don't worship CS contrary to many statements made here. I have always tried to be fair and objective and taken people to task when they have attacked the man asking for the proof to back up the statements. Very rarely has proof been offered.

While many think some of CS business ventures have been objectionable such as with the "completion" series Cobras and the FFR/SPF litigation, he has also been involved with many more successful ventures in his past and present.

And while you seem to "imply" that the Cobra snobs you have met have all been CSX owners (if I'm reading it right) and that "you have never met" a FFR Cobra snob I'm not sure of your definition of snob. Is it an owner who refers to his CSX Continuation Cobra as a REAL Cobra a snob? Is that your definition? If so, consider me and many other CSX owners a snob despite the fact that every CSX owner I know are friendly and great guys. Also forget the fact that many including myself have traveled hundreds of miles, including SAI to support the DVSF which was to raise money for Jenny, one of the Smith Bros. children.

Or is your definition of a Cobra snob someone who knocks anothers automobile? If thats your definition there are plenty of FFR snobs, especially in their vitriolic attitudes and statements towards SAI and the CSX Cobra.

Last edited by REAL 1; 08-24-2003 at 07:24 PM..
Closed Thread