15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

I 2nd that Online Surfer. Good active bidding at the end. Wish it was for a hybrid.

Oh by the way, I think it was a deal at what it closed for.

Last edited by ToyCollector; 09-04-2003 at 07:49 PM..
Old 09-04-2003, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

TC, I need an engine real bad now

Who was bumping the bid 100 and 200 at a time, that cost me money.

She will have a good home in Santa Barbara, California.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Congratulations!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

In a million years the only thing left on earth will be cockroaches and that stainless framed Kirkham...
Congrats.... one great buy.... My wife said I could bid on it but I'd probably lose the Kirkham auction and my Unique in the divorce... Either way I'd be walking...
Old 09-04-2003, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     
Talking

Well heck - if I'da known it was going so cheap, I woulda shaken some more loose change from outa the couch.
Congratulations on an unbelievable buy on a true work of art.
Now I know a little more about the E-bay process.
And although you got a great deal, something tells me the Kirkhams won't go to bed hungry tonight!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by casaleenie

In a million years the only thing left on earth will be cockroaches and that stainless framed Kirkham...
Congrats.... one great buy.... My wife said I could bid on it but I'd probably lose the Kirkham auction and my Unique in the divorce... Either way I'd be walking...
I told my wife to leave me alone and get out of the room, Iam bidding. . She got hers a remodel and new kitchen.

The things you have to do.

Gary
Old 09-04-2003, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile

WW aka OLS,

Congrats! That is a really nice car. I was a missionary in Santa Barbara years ago. I have to say that is one of the, if not the, nicest places on earth. I remember jogging on the beach in the mornings--starting on a huge, long stair case, going around the point by the cliffs and on to the end of the beach, (some big rocks there) turning around and jogging back and then finally up those stairs again to the car.

I digress,

Congrats on the car. It is really nice. You have the first one sold and I think it is one of the nicest cars on the planet--bar none.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 09-04-2003, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kirkham

WW aka OLS,

Congrats! That is a really nice car. I was a missionary in Santa Barbara years ago. I have to say that is one of the, if not the, nicest places on earth. I remember jogging on the beach in the mornings--starting on a huge, long stair case, going around the point by the cliffs and on to the end of the beach, (some big rocks there) turning around and jogging back and then finally up those stairs again to the car.

I digress,

Congrats on the car. It is really nice. You have the first one sold and I think it is one of the nicest cars on the planet--bar none.

David

David, Thank you.

Was that 1000 steps on the Mesa? I do it everyday with my dog. Got to keep in shape, one in high school and one in 1st grade, oops.

Gary
Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Way to go Gary!

Another Gashole arruminum car...and this one's never gonna rust!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

WW,

That was back in 87. I remember a large grassy mesa-like area that overlooked the ocean. You could see the Channel Islands out in the distance and seals swimming just off shore. The edge of the grass was a cliff about 60-80 feet tall. There were some wooden steps that went down to the beach. I remember a huge rock that was not too far out in the surf. As you turned left, we jogged in the surf to a point on the cliff that was very close to the edge of the ocean...sometimes, the tide would even cover the beach there up to our waist. (Accidently got caught there once as the tide was coming in.)

We ran around the point and across the main beach of Santa Barbara to the end of the beach. Seems there was a rocky pier there and we couldn't run any further. Turned around and ran back. Finished with those crazy stairs! Seemed like there were a thousand of them!

No kidding about the car. Every time I pass it I smile. It really is nice. The Poles are really getting good at what they do. It takes a lot to impress me and it has been a long time since a car impressed me...but that one does. It really is a piece of art.

David
Old 09-04-2003, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kirkham

WW,

That was back in 87. I remember a large grassy mesa-like area that overlooked the ocean. You could see the Channel Islands out in the distance and seals swimming just off shore. The edge of the grass was a cliff about 60-80 feet tall. There were some wooden steps that went down to the beach. I remember a huge rock that was not too far out in the surf. As you turned left, we jogged in the surf to a point on the cliff that was very close to the edge of the ocean...sometimes, the tide would even cover the beach there up to our waist. (Accidently got caught there once as the tide was coming in.)

We ran around the point and across the main beach of Santa Barbara to the end of the beach. Seems there was a rocky pier there and we couldn't run any further. Turned around and ran back. Finished with those crazy stairs! Seemed like there were a thousand of them!

No kidding about the car. Every time I pass it I smile. It really is nice. The Poles are really getting good at what they do. It takes a lot to impress me and it has been a long time since a car impressed me...but that one does. It really is a piece of art.

David
David, Shoreline Park, I have to go the other way because of the dog, they allow off leash towards Henrys Beach.

The car is beautiful, I will call tomorrow for all the details and getting prices on mods such as street dash, 3.08's? etc.

Gary
Old 09-04-2003, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

vv
Old 09-04-2003, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Guys, thats what they are called the "thousand steps". I remember the first time I did it, it was thinking why did I go this way. I hope you went to Brophy brothers afterwards for some delicious clam chowder, it is a staple here!
Your right David, this is trully a beautiful place. Now there is another Cobra in town, and another real soon, I hope!
David, maybe you can rig something up for me, I guess I'm like Jamo, but bigger.
Nick
Old 09-04-2003, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

WW,

Look to hear from you tomorrow.

David
Old 09-04-2003, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

Nick,

No problem. You want to fit; I want to make you fit. We will do what it takes to get you inside. I am sure there are some really interesting mods we could come up with to to make everything work.

Hey, for the smiles this thing brings, it's worth figuring out how to make it work. You can't take it with you, so most of our customers now-a-days just want to have a smile in a cool car. Let me know how we can help.

David
Old 09-04-2003, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Very soon the Gashole membership will be closed to any fiberglass owners.
We have to!

We will decide if the current members with fiberglass cars can be grandfathered in or not. I seriously doubt it.

Wilf and David Shelton, and Bill. It has been nice knowing you all.
You are truly nice guys.

Chumps!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Nick

If we lived closer, I'd let you try mine on for size. Especially after I remove the seat tracks--even more room.

But do yourself a favor. If you're ready to step up to Kirkham--take a trip to Provo. I wished buying a suit was as easy as getting a Kirkham fitted. You see the cars are works of art, but it's the Family that makes it great experience.

Last edited by Jamo; 09-04-2003 at 10:29 PM..
Old 09-04-2003, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Jamo, I appreciate the offer, and yes your right, I got a few trips, that I need to take. I think I'll call David and chat a little.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

David:

Are there any normal size people that buy these cars anymore?

Settle down guys, I am 6'4" 240lbs with size 13 dogs, I am not in the "normal" catagory.

I'm no expert.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:08 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

[quote]Originally posted by Turk

[b]Very soon the Gashole membership will be closed to any fiberglass owners.
We have to!

Truely a "Gashole Statement"
TL