9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

It's a privilege to help....

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Sorry it took so long to respond, I have been out of town. I would be honored to send my donation. We can never repay these great young men for their sacrifice and all that you are asking for is the price of 1/2 a tank of gas! Thanks to Clois I found your post. If you have read this and just past it by like so many have, I don't have any use for you. We are going to win this war and the very least we can do to thank these soldiers for securing freedom for the next generation is 50 bucks! Come on guys, lets make this happen. Jay, you are an angel for these fine your men. I know the soldiers in my family fighting today thank you for your patriotism. You are the man.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:53 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

This an e-mail I received from CPL Powers.
It should answer some questions on getting your donation to the project you want to help fund.

Mr. Bucy,

From all of the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines involved with the Automotivation program, you have our deepest thanks and gratitude. I will assume you must have received an information flyer regarding our project to have this e-mail address. Feel free to specify your donation for Automotivation by including a short message or note and by simply writing Automotivation in the memo space if you choose to send a check. Please be sure to include a return address so that we may send you the appropriate IRS tax documentation. If you have need for any further information please don't hesitate to call the San Antonio office at (210)826-0500 or Operation Comfort Founder, Janis Roznowski at (512)297-8972. Again we thank you for your consideration of this worthy cause.

Very respectfully,

CPL USA (RET) Andrew M. Powers
Old 07-19-2007, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default Wow

What a great few days that I have been able to travel in West Texas gathering support for this project. It renews my heart as to the loyalty of the American people. Too many stories to tell here, too many personal feelings to express. I am overwhelmed by what is going on here. I am overwhelmed by the response that I am gettimg on my cell phone and all of the emails...I hope that I can answer them all...if not please try again.

Thanks is not a good enough sentiment. I am amazed by the response of the people that I know. I can only imagine what awaits for these heros and their recovery, the family reconstructions, the future that they can more easily face...everything. I am humbled by your responses and the corporate assurances that I have received.

Keep it coming please! Keep up your efforts please! It may be one of your children one of these days.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can do more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 07-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

I don't know how I missed this post Check CC everyday. gratitude sent
Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Just speechless

For those who have replied THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU!!!!

SO far we have received donations from the following states

Georgia 1
Texas 6
Alabama 1
Kentucky 1
California 2
Florida 3
Hawaii 1
N. Dakota 1
S. Dakota 1
Virginia 1

At this point I am sooo underwhelmed at the respose to this that I am almost speechless. Thank You to the eighteen that have given to this cause!!!!!!

To those who haven't....I won't say what I am thinking....oh maybe a couple of things. To those that I have helped on this site...to those that I have done appraisels for....to the clubs that I have donated to and given so much...to the peole who enjoy this site and voice their opinions without fear...O HELL I COULD GO ON FOR HOURS. THANKS FOR THOSE WHO DID!

Jay Nordstrom

Old 07-25-2007, 06:57 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

For those that require they get something material in return for every dollar that comes out of their wallet :

It is TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Jay,

For just two people in Calif. to join in this is really embarrassing. Maybe some have sent gift cards or money directly to them and you never knew it, but I can't believe that in this whole state only 2 people care enough about what these people have done to give anything. I will even throw in a night with Fred's frog Frenchy. Many don't have a lot, but even a dollar or so would show their appreciation for what these people have gone through.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

WTF? Where is Missouri in that list? Goin' to have to have a talk with the Mrs. tonight ... the check should have been in the mail already!

Who is John Galt?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Well guys I am not on the list either but I guess it is because they haven't received it yet. My intention was to givet the money to Jay on Monday but he wanted me to send it in but he didn;'t tell me why. Now, I know!

I am shamed for the moment. Oklahoma will be on there in a day or two.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

They do send a thank you later showing your donation and the amount for Tax purposes... I personally think it is a great cause and hope that everything works out for the Vets..
Old 07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

TTT Keep it going! These guys and gals sure could use it.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

I received a really nice thank you card from them and a letter to use for my taxes. They just showed up in the mail. I was surprised.

Steve
Old 07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default No Surprises

This organization is a class act. I am very proud to be affiliated with them. I am leaving tomorrow to meet with them again in San Antonio. I have the Mercury Marauder in the trailer...Thanks Clois. I can't wait to get there. Soooo many good things are happening. What a blessing I have been given to work with these heroes. Corporate sponsors are now lining up. Coca Cola is delivering their stuff this week or next..thanks Scott Slocum.

Every day brings new opportunities to both the soldiers and me. I wish that everyone could experience this from my perspective. More to come as this developes. I personally hope this thread is the largest ever at CC. Forgive me Brent on this one

Jay

Old 07-26-2007, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Just use paypal. It doesn't get any easier. Here is the link.

http://www.operationcomfort.org/html/contributions.html

After I paid, I sent them an e-mail to designate the donation to automotivation. Thats it! It took about 3 minutes.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wow!!!! Another Great Trip

Rolled into San Antonio Thursday evening towing the trailer with the 69 Mercury Maurauder. Friday morning I went to Lonesome Dove Ranch to unload the car and meet again with the soldiers and check on progress. The newly powdercoated frame for the Bronco had been delivered and work was progressing. We unloaded the Marauder. Hugh Long, the ranch owner then took me to where the finifhout of the new break room was being completed. Sheet rock was almost completely hung and texturing was about to begin. Plumbers would be installing the new showers next week. He is an amazing man...what a heart.

While waiting for the rest of the guys to come, I helped one soldier work on his exhaust system, talked to Chris who kindof ram rods the guys, took an informal inventory of what work had been done to the Bronco and ehlped get lunch ready for the guys.

Two huge buses rumbled into the area. One for just people and one for wheel chair bound soldiers, that was equipped as a mini hospital should any of the soldiers have a problem. Twice as many soldiers than our first meeting made their way into the shop and began to "oooo" and "ahhhh" over the Merc. Many began making plans on what the wanted to do with the car.

During lunch, I answered questions, talked with some new soldiers that I hadn't met, heard more stories, talked with family members and just watched these great guys.

After lunch, more talk, listening to their needs and wants and then give them an update on what is happening with the program and hoqw it is being refined. Then the good parts...presenting them their first piece of automtive art that had been donated, giving Janis some checks and other donations that had come directly to me and then........
INFORMING THE GUYS THAT AER MANUFACTURING IN ADDISON HAD COMMITTED TO FURNISH THEM A BRAND NEW CRATE MOTOR FOR THEIR PROJECT. They went NUTS. What a class act AER is and always has been!

Sadly I had to leave for Dallas after a truly great day. My drive home was largely spending time taking calls from the soldiers and family members expressing thanks for all of the help being given by so many of you.

I wish all of you had the chance to meet these heros and their families.

Side note: a gentleman from West Texas has even gone far enough to start a fund for college for one of the soldiers family. It's the people that will make the soldiers lives somewhere near normal.

Thank you to all of you that have helped. Thes comes from the soldiers by way of me. They are truly greatful.

More updates in two weeks when I go back again.

Jay

Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Thanks Jay,

I think it would be great if we could get this program really rolling by Veterns Day.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default accounting

I fyou have made a donation to this worthy cause and have not received a letter from them acknowledging your contribution and furnishing a thank you for Automotivation, I need you to notify me by email or pm. We are working out some bugs and I want to insure that everything due to Automivation gets credited correctly. Thank you for all that you have done, the program is gaining speed and I am proud to be involved.

Jay

Old 07-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Jay,
I got a very nice thank you card today from Janis Roznowski that
described the gift. She is doing this personally so my guess is if it takes
a bit of time that is why. I gave to help the cause, not get a tax deduct
but she did take the time to personally write the card which is a nice
touch of class you seldom see these days. She is the director and
founder, so to you Janis - I say thank you for doing this for our Vets in
their time of need.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Jay,

Are there still just two people from California that have donated anything to this cause? This is unbelieveable.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery