LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Perfect....
Now, what is failing on these shocks?
I'll just bet is the welds on the top and bottom mounting hoops...
Is the problem across the Bilstein product line in general or only specific Bilstein model shocks?
Thanks for the photos...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

Blas - typically shafts are snapping at the end of the threads. As to the reason why - that discussion has been going on for over 2 years.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Thanks...this is what's great about this forum....

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Great info.

My SPF 1049 is supposed to have Bilstein shocks. I'm not 100% sure, because I've never checked them. The paperwork that came from the dealer (Olthoff) said it had Bilstein shocks. Car was built by SPF in Feb 2001. The FFR letter said 2003 to 2008.

So I guess I need to check my shock serial numbers, just in case?

Can you see the serial number without removing the shock?

Last edited by wtm442; 09-23-2008 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: added years
Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Hmm... my old FFR (bought in 03) came with Pro Shocks, not Bilstiens. I wonder why they used two different brands within the same time period.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra 5.0 EFI 5 speed Trans
Not Ranked     

WTM442, On my front shocks you can see the numbers by removing the tire.It's right at the top of the shock. On the rear I removed the tire and the bottem mounting bolt. I slid the bottem of the shock off the stud so I could turn the spring so I could see the number on the body of the shock.Roger
Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1751 CHP 427
Not Ranked     

Just a question

My SFP was build in 2003, by any change SPF used Bilstien, or should I call SPF and ask for this info?

Does SPF keep all the record of the build-sheet?

Regards
Tan
Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc_sj View Post
Just a question

My SFP was build in 2003, by any change SPF used Bilstien, or should I call SPF and ask for this info?

Does SPF keep all the record of the build-sheet?

Regards
Tan

If you don't figure out what shocks you have by then, would you mind driving behind the rest of us on Friday?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1751 CHP 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanoochka View Post
If you don't figure out what shocks you have by then, would you mind driving behind the rest of us on Friday?
Chuck

Called Tim at 513-738-4000 ( part dept. for SPF) and SPF using Bilstien shocks on their roller chassis and have
not heard/report from user that shocks are defect, however I will check out the lot # / stamp when I get home

YES, I will follow you guys on Friday, since I am a slow driver and do not want to cause traffic jams, so it's work out well

Tan

Last edited by tc_sj; 09-23-2008 at 10:38 AM..