Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
September 2024
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     
Default hooning

A lot of people have been saying lately, after the queensland election that the good old days are back.
Well they certainly are, back to queensland being a police state.
Can of do do newman and his cronies are introducing changes to the hooning laws.
Under the existing law if you were caught hooning [which could be breaking traction from the lights] youre car was confiscated for 48 hours.
The new law means you wont see your car for 3 months, for a first time offence, and if youre caught again anytime in the next 5 years, yes 5 years,
youre car will be CRUSHED.

Now i dont condone dangerous driving which endangers the publics lives, but drunk drivers and car thieves dont even get this sought of treatment.

So boys and girls, if you voted for this mob, and you or one of youre kids happen to get caught for a bit of spirited driving on a lonely country road, you got what you asked for.

What next, ill bet theres plenty more in the pipeline.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique&Collectible 392 stroked
Not Ranked     

Well then if you get caught hooning just act drunk..
Old 05-28-2012, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat racing View Post

Now i dont condone dangerous driving which endangers the publics lives, but drunk drivers and car thieves dont even get this sought of treatment.
Frankly, I didn't really blink at their introduction, and wasn't overly fussed, but when you put it that way... surly out of step with the rest of the judicial system.

I don't mind them crushing cars but I'd prefer it was for those who drive hopelessly slow in the overtaking lane.

PS: Hoon laws have been in Victoria since 2006 - Link makes for some interesting reading.
Victoria Police - Hoon laws
Old 05-28-2012, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Now now Tomcat perhaps you should have researched a bit more before you Newman bagged.... Link to a newspaper clipping dated July 2011........
Anti-hoon laws get more bite
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
Now now Tomcat perhaps you should have researched a bit more before you Newman bagged.... Link to a newspaper clipping dated July 2011........
Anti-hoon laws get more bite
OK ash, thats a far cry from what is coming,
at the moment
first offence= 7 days confiscation
second offence= 28 days with police being able to apply to the courts for a 3 month confiscation [not guaranteed]
third offence= 28 days confiscation with police being able to apply to the courts for forfieture of the car to be resold.

new laws
first offence = 3 months confiscation
second offence= within 5 years, car automaticaly crushed

qld attorney general, 30 yr old, Jarrod BLEIJIE, DIRECT QUOTE, sat may 26/5/12
We dont tolerate hooning at all,at the moment if youre convicted its a 48hr confiscation
we are going to increase that to 3 months
if you do it again the GOVERNMENT will actually crush your car
it will be the toughest law in australia
if a young person sees their hotted up car being crushed, it wont take long for the message to get around on facebook. [quote]

Do you agree with that Ash, considering what the real crims get away with.

I would have thought that the existing tough laws were working quite well going by the statistics

Welcome to queensland and the good old days
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

We have the pollie's trying to adopt 30kmph speed zones at present, I know it is not the same thing that you are talking about here, but it is obvious the same dickheads are trying to implement them!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

same di** head in a different place
Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

"Can of do do Newman" - that's a new one for me. Seems pretty harsh and unnecessary when there are more important issues to police, such as the axle loads on semis. I see that they have applied for another increase. Now, that will do lots of good things to our already bad roads. I was talking to a road engineer the other day and he said many of our major highways are a jig-saw puzzle under the bitumen from the existing damage.

Who knows what increased loads would do. Still as long as they don't spin their tyres ...

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat racing View Post
A lot of people have been saying lately, after the queensland election that the good old days are back.
Well they certainly are, back to queensland being a police state.
Can of do do newman and his cronies are introducing changes to the hooning laws.
Under the existing law if you were caught hooning [which could be breaking traction from the lights] youre car was confiscated for 48 hours.
The new law means you wont see your car for 3 months, for a first time offence, and if youre caught again anytime in the next 5 years, yes 5 years,
youre car will be CRUSHED.

So boys and girls, if you voted for this mob, and you or one of youre kids happen to get caught for a bit of spirited driving on a lonely country road, you got what you asked for.

What next, ill bet theres plenty more in the pipeline.
Theyed rather crush a perfectly good car rather than sell it on and make money? Doesn't sounds like a government policy!

Seriously though, why is it so easy to punish road "hoons" but not Peadophiles? Sooner or later someone with the money will have to challange some of these laws, the punishment just seems so over the top and most frightening to me is that there is no judge or jury here for such a stiff penalty.

Again, not condoning dangerous driving, but it's sounding more and more like a police state (or should I say states).

Adam.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:18 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

First they took your guns and cut/melted/crushed them and now they want to do the same with cool cars.

Damn, now I don't even want to visit Oz anymore. That's depressing.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:32 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

It's like they are falling back into a Third World Country.A better standard of living but about the same lack of freedoms.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Angry

Plenty of freedom under these laws if you ask me!
Do the right thing in the right places and you'll be sweet, be a screw up and you get what you deserve!!!!
Plenty of events all year run by our own Clubs and others at any number of venues and get rid of the need to be a screwup on the street!!

AS FOR THIS........"you or one of youre kids happen to get caught for a bit of spirited driving on a lonely country road".....YOU'LL BE DOING IT IN ONE OF THE AREAS WITH THE HIGHEST INCIDENCE INVOLVING SINGLE VEHICLE FATALITIES!!!!

But to date the screwups don't learn and keep damaging and destroying life and property!!!!

And until you are PERSONALLY..... "TOUCHED BY THE ROAD TOLL" ....you'll feel aggrieved by the laws imposed!!!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by OZCOBRA; 05-29-2012 at 08:08 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

It was never legal to lay rubber at the lights. I was fined about 10 years ago for "sustained loss of traction" or something similar. So they're not taking away "freedoms", they're grabbing popular votes by raising the profile of existing traffic violations - and enforcing the law much more heavily than they have before. Same "crime", harsher penalty, better approval ratings for our elected leaders.

Hoon laws were created in Victoria after a spate of deaths resulting from street racing and people doing burnouts etc in heavily build up areas, usually in large convoys on Friday and Saturday nights. Handheld videos made it onto youtube, which provoked the authorities and they reacted. Has something like this happened in QLD?

It might be worth reading the fine print on your motor insurance too. I think some of them now have exclusions if damage results from hooning activity.

I agree that crushing a car would be pretty devastating. Pretty effective policy in that regard. It's a bit like playing chess, really... you get a warning that your king is about to be captured, and if you're not smart enough to avoid it, "checkmate".

I still love a good burnout though (Gary Myers skidpan variety)

Last edited by sambo; 05-29-2012 at 08:24 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

The number of impounded cars at the Vic Pol storage area is staggering even more so is the $$$$$$$ they are generating through the impounding storage fee.... which has now increased substantially due to the 3 month Impound!!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Old 05-29-2012, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Because of the grey imports, see how hard it is to get a car into Australia now. What dill approved the importation of non conforming high performance vehicles ??? That act killed a lot of young drivers. Then the stupid laws created to 'deter' the dangerous driving. it never ends. Make a rule , find out it's not working then make another rule to fix the last one.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

that newman guy is just as bad as most other qld drivers
cant drive for ****
we moved up here last oct and the way the roundabouts worked is fking stupid
massive roundabouts and only 1 lane in middle bloody stupid
then they have left lane into them only go left and the right lane goes straight or right
most round abouts around yatala and coomera are bloody shocking in the arvo when most dont want to turn north but they want to turn right and the traffic is banked back for miles
i guess when they teach qlders how to drive they didnt want to stress their brains too hard and have 2 lanes in middle of roundabouts hehehe
and then when we speak to locals up here they say they dont get taught to keep left which pisses me off going down the m1 and idiots drive at 100 in the right lane

id rather be an angry sydney driver than a slowmofo qld driver
hehehhe

i got booked within 1 month from moving up tto qld so i guess i should not complain
i found out up here they dont have double points but they have some fines that if u get 2 of these in a year u get screwed big time
and being mobile and in car alot of the time its a pain in the bum

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZCOBRA View Post
Plenty of freedom under these laws if you ask me!
Do the right thing in the right places and you'll be sweet, be a screw up and you get what you deserve!!!!
Plenty of events all year run by our own Clubs and others at any number of venues and get rid of the need to be a screwup on the street!!

AS FOR THIS........"you or one of youre kids happen to get caught for a bit of spirited driving on a lonely country road".....YOU'LL BE DOING IT IN ONE OF THE AREAS WITH THE HIGHEST INCIDENCE INVOLVING SINGLE VEHICLE FATALITIES!!!!

But to date the screwups don't learn and keep damaging and destroying life and property!!!!

And until you are PERSONALLY..... "TOUCHED BY THE ROAD TOLL" ....you'll feel aggrieved by the laws imposed!!!!
I'm with you Oz

Living in a rural area with a nice stretch of hotmix out the front of my property, hardly a Fri or Saturday night passes without being woken by fcukwits doing donuts and burnouts...........bring on the crushing, it'll save me
shotgun shells
Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Ive done a few km's in the cobra and never broken traction unintentionally. Its not hard to be good.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Some of these rues are made by idiots who sit behind a desk
Does this mean I can do 200 down the freeway and loosely licences get big fine
But my car is fine
But if I do a small skid off the mark at a set of lights and my car is gone
I know which outcome can cause more damage
Also what about the fewwankers who drive trucks on drugs and think they own the road
Do they get their trucks crushed after they run afar off the road and kill the occupant
Nope they just get afew months in jail
The rules do not fit the crime

It's like always the few % of idiots who spoil it for the others

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au