Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
September 2024
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2005, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #200 with a KCR 575/550 408
Not Ranked     
Default BDR turnkey minus additional parts requirements

I'd love to get a thread going about everything that is required in a BDR turn key minus. I'll list below what I have determined to be necessary so far. Along with that I'll try to specify the brand and part number I selected. My hope is that those who have already completed their BDR build would add their information, as well. I know all the subsequent BDR customers(and those of us currently building) would love to have this info.

Engine - Keith Craft Racing 408 stroker
Stage II Vic Jr heads
Vic Jr intake
Distributor/Gear - MSD
Plug Wires - Ford Racing
Valve Covers/gaskets - KCR
Carburetor/gaskets - DaVinci 950
Flywheel - Ram aluminum
Transmission - Tremec TKO 600
Clutch kit(disk/Pres Plate/throwout bearing)
Fork & pivot - Ford Racing
Fork extender - Ford Racing
Tranny mount kit - Energy Suspension polyurethane
Header bolts - ARP-400-1110
Thermostat housing - CSR 90° 1.5" inlet CSI-9111C
Header gaskets - MRG-5930
Air Filter assembly - K&N 14" dropbase KNN-66-3040
Starter - PowerMaster bought thru KCR
Elec fuel pump - CRT-P4594
36" Throttle Cable - LOK-TC-1000HT36
Throttle Cable Bracket - CSI-630B?
Alternator - SUM-810303
Shiny pulleys - MCH-1670
& Alternator bracket - MCH-30050 (FYI-this won't fit with Edelbrock heads & water pump)
Ignition module - MSD 6AL 6420
Coil - MSD 8207
Spark plug loom kit - MFY-5075612

I'll add additional items as I acquire them. To all the experienced guys: what else do you see that I've overlooked?

Last edited by hp/weight; 05-03-2005 at 02:40 PM..
Old 02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

hp/weight ,

email me at tegboy91@hotmail.com

Sid
Old 02-24-2005, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #101, 342 stroker
Not Ranked     

My BDR is #101, finished almost a year now. I don't know if anything has changed, but my car was incredibly complete. It really is Turn-key minus. My car was so complete, it came with driveshaft, BMW battery, and even had windshield washer fluid in it. As for the engine and tranny, you need everything, but you already know that. To hook the engine up, you will need the bolts that connect the block to the engine mounts. You should get a 90 degree water inlet to connect the radiator hose to. You may need a couple of bolts for the transmission cross member. You need a throttle cable and proper linkage. You'll need some fuel line and a fuel filter. The clutch slave is a pusher that gets mounted to the bellhousing, you may need a rod to fit in the slave that connects to the fork. You need an oil pressure gauge line and fittings, and that's about it. All the hoses and clamps for the cooling system are included. The drive shaft bolts were included. It really is a complete roller. Good luck with your install, and happy motoring!
Old 02-26-2005, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by tfarhood

You need a throttle cable and proper linkage.
Anybody got part numbers for these?

Sid
Old 02-27-2005, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

I used Lokar Products. Cable set TC1000HT36 and bracket/spring set SRK4000. Summit is a great place for mail order and delivery is fairly fast. Pricing was competitive with my local speed shop. Great pricing on fittings

I cannot tell you how many trips to town I made for bolts, washers and stainless hardware. My local TrueValue was a great source for grade 8 and Stainless bolts, etc.

Big also, on recommendation from my dealer, I switched to a pull type clutch actuator. No drilling of the bell housing and I agree that pull is a lot better that push. Much less stress on the actuator rod. Heard of some rods that bent with heavy clutch. Pull actuator piston is avail from Summit. You will have to fashion a mount or contact Anthem Motors in Phoenix. They have a kit.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the input Nor Cal! The issue I'm running into is the bracket spring set. I don't think I'll need something Demon specific do I? I'm going to go with the same cable though. Thanks again! BTW I love summit too!
Sid

Last edited by got snake?; 03-08-2005 at 07:13 PM..
Old 03-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

The Lokar cable matched to the CSI billet throttle bracket is a great combo. Works on Demons and Holleys... we don't touch the "E" carbs
Old 05-03-2005, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

bump - updated the list above
Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by hp/weight

bump - updated the list above
I'm going to have to stress again how much easier things are with the Roush Alternator brackets:

Also note this bracket uses a GM 1 Wire alternator vs. a Ford version. And for a little more than the March pulleys, the Roush Pulleys are a piece of art.

Last edited by Cashburn; 05-03-2005 at 09:30 PM..
Old 05-04-2005, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Cashburn I'm going to have to stress again how much easier things are with the Roush Alternator brackets:
You don't have to stress it with me, I'm in total agreement. I've had nothing but problems dealing with the March alternator bracket. Unfortunately, I had already ordered it by the time you first posted. For all others: take his advice.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing Cobra
Send a message via Yahoo to SACoupe
Not Ranked     
Default Try The Engine factory

i got my motor from the engine factory and it was a pleasant experience...they built exactly what i wanted. see their website at
http://www.fordcobraengines.com/Cobr...Carbureted.htm
i now have two of these motors. one in my shelby clone and the other going into my BDR at the factory in South Africa