Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
September 2024
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 Shelby GT350
Not Ranked     
Default Help With Fe Parts.

Hello. I have a lot of FE parts and I am wondering if any of them are race parts and/or rare parts and what they are. The following are casting numbers for what I have

HEADS-

C7OE-K, 1 SET
C4AE, 2 SETS
C8AE-H, 1 SET
C8OE, 2 SETS
C6AE-R, 2 SETS
C4AE-F, 2 SETS
C2SE-B, 2 SETS

ENGINE BLOCKS

C4OE-6015-B
C4AE-6015-B

I HAVE MORE, NEED TO GET CASTING NUMBERS.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

The C7OE-K are 427 tunnel port heads.
The C4AE-F are 427 high riser heads.
The C2SE-B are small chamber 406 heads.
The C8OE heads are 428 CJ heads. Look for a letter after the 6090 on the casting number. N are the more common heads.
Quite an impressive list of heads!

The rest are your basic FE heads. C4 and C6-R are lowrisers. The C8-H are medium risers. All good heads. The block i'll have to look up as they don't ring a bell off the top of my head.

If your going to part with any of them I'd be interested in a set of the C4-F HR heads. I'll look up the blocks and get back to ya.

G.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I've read a few of your posts and can't help but wonder if you're a troll. This one makes me wonder even more. If you don't know a set of tunnel port heads, which is what one of the #'s you gave is, then I don't believe you even have a '66 Fairlane that you have had various engines in. You need to get a casting number book. I'll even trade mine for all those pieces of cast iron.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Woods, The Reason That I Posted These Numbers Is Because Not All Of The Casting Numbers Are Mine. Some Belong To My Brother And I Am Not Available To Just Look At Them. The Tunnel Port Heads Are His, As Are The High-risers. After Being Badgered And Criticized I May Just Have To Leave Club Cobra And Find Another Forum That Will Answer Questions Without The Criticism.

P.s.-i Thought Club Cobra People Were Here To Help. Guess I Was Wrong. And I Aint No Troll.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra, 427SO 2x4's, 630HP/600TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodz428
I've read a few of your posts and can't help but wonder if you're a troll. This one makes me wonder even more. If you don't know a set of tunnel port heads, which is what one of the #'s you gave is, then I don't believe you even have a '66 Fairlane that you have had various engines in. You need to get a casting number book. I'll even trade mine for all those pieces of cast iron.
Ironic; occured to me a couple of times too. The "take my bat and ball and go home" immature response fueled a little more credence. I was wondering how somebody could have..., and has done so much, and yet know so little. It's not a big deal except it's a bit inconsiderate when you have guys taking their personal time to type and answer bogus inquiries sincerely. Kid stuff.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Burnd, maybe you should read the bottom of ALL your responses where it says "never look down on someone unless you are reaching down to help them up." A question is a question. A lot of my questions are sincere. I have always appreciated everything the forum has helped me with, but all of a sudden if a question is asked I get criticized. I am the type of person that needs to look at something to tell what it is. When there are things that are not readily available to look at, and numbers don't just strike a chord right off, it makes it more difficult. You can believe me or not. I agree that I do need to buy a casting numbers book. And "taking my ball and bat and going home" is not my intent. I'm just finding somewhere less critical.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at moment
Not Ranked     

Honest questions always deserve an honest answer. Maybe your screen name "thejoker21" might make some people think that you are just "joking". Just a thought. Jim
Old 07-30-2006, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Fairlane GT
Send a message via MSN to nvr2muchpwr
Not Ranked     

I am new, but I was also under the impression that this club is here to HELP people. I am new to the FE world, does that mean if I ask a question I'll be told that I should "know what a tunnel port cylinder head is" just bly the casting numbers if I can't see the actual cylinder head? I think you are giving thejoker a hard time over a simple question. And no one deserves to be called a troll.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I like my High Riser heads, C4AE-F, with matching C4AE 2X4 intake! With a different cam than I currently run, my 427 side oiler pulled strong above 7000 rpm with them!
Old 07-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

I think you all need to back up and "chill" a bit.

Let this thread cool...so that the edge is taken off.

thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 07-30-2006, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker21
Hello. I have a lot of FE parts and I am wondering if any of them are race parts and/or rare parts and what they are. The following are casting numbers for what I have.

Call Bill Parnam at Southern Automotive, I would think he would know this stuff better than his own ssn.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."