22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

ETF = Exchange Traded Fund. It has the attributes of a mutual fund in that the fund holds multiple assets, but the share trades on the stock market instead of the mutual fund market. The difference is that mutual funds trade at the value at the close of business, whereas ETFs trace at market value at the time of the trace. Lots can happen between 1:00 and 4:00...

For example QQQ and DIA are ETFs that track the Nasdaq and Dow.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxRider View Post
Well all valid points but I just remember all the crashes years ago and was wondering if it still occurs in big numbers. Man there were some famous street crashes over the years with several Ferrari's busted in half like a water melon. Investment when it comes to cars is never in my equation.

By the way what is ETF? Oh wait I should know, man my great grandfather is rolling in his grave. lol

By the way there is an index for collectable investment cars out there but I really never follow it.
The last or possibly previous issue of Hot Rod magazine showed a GT that crashed right by their offices in SOCAL. So yes, it is still happening although not as often because most are not driven as pointed out previously.
They are particularly dangerous on cold mornings because a stock one can make 600 RWHP in those conditions and the tires are near glass transition temps.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65

I need to sell my cars and buy some EFT's...
Old 06-16-2014, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
I need to sell my cars and buy some EFT's...
15% annual returns? lol, my dad knows a guy who promised 15-20%. His name is Bernie Madoff. This forum is awesome. I'm learning a lot about cars & watches.

I will stick to flipping sneakers. I missed out on the Nike Air Yeezy Red October. Damn. Sellers on ebay are asking $15,000 for a pair $245 retail. That is one heck of a return and u don't have to wait a year.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
15% annual returns? lol, my dad knows a guy who promised 15-20%. His name is Bernie Madoff. This forum is awesome. I'm learning a lot about cars & watches.

I will stick to flipping sneakers. I missed out on the Nike Air Yeezy Red October. Damn. Sellers on ebay are asking $15,000 for a pair $245 retail. That is one heck of a return and u don't have to wait a year.
You obviously don't like to do any research before making comments, statements or asking questions.

As an example, just to pick one mutual fund, Fidelity Select Chemicals Portfolio (FSCHX). 10-year return, including the recent Great Recession, earned 15.6% annualized. Not that hard to find, if you do your research. Like maybe buying a SAAC World Registry for $245.

Bernie Madoff? You have to stop reading the Enquirer and think about picking up a WSJ.

I love my all my shoes too, but I wear them out and replace them often. But you keep collecting shoes. Maybe you can save up some $$$ and buy a SAAC World Registry.

I do want to say I'm sorry that your dad lost money with Mr. Madoff.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: StreetBeasts, 331 Stroker

So I look in my state, Michigan. Um well, not sure if this is a good deal or not... I guess it depends on the local scrap price..
Salvage FORD GT 2006 for sale, vin: 1FAFP90S26Y400587 in PORTLAND, MI, 48875, USA, color: SILVER, price: 1700.00
Old 06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby

Put a little here and a little there...

Hell, I gots me an OJ Simpson rookie card...gonna retire on that sucker.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Oh, one more thing.

RODKNOCK Financial Advisors does not render legal, accounting, or tax advice. My statements above are solely for informational purposes and is not a solicitation or an offer to buy any security or instrument or to participate in any trading strategy. Any performance data quoted represents past performance. Investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Blah, blah, blah, you know what I mean.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:38 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
So I look in my state, Michigan. Um well, not sure if this is a good deal or not... I guess it depends on the local scrap price..
Salvage FORD GT 2006 for sale, vin: 1FAFP90S26Y400587 in PORTLAND, MI, 48875, USA, color: SILVER, price: 1700.00
That will buff right out.......My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
The Goodyears were not good even when new, Michelin Pilot Supersports work very well too. You have to be careful to keep the revolutions per mile at the same ratio as the Goodyears when changing tires or the ABS will tell the ECU that there is a problem and you will instantly be in limp home mode.

True about the F1's.

These will work with no complaints from the ECU.

Bridgestone

Front: RE050A (N1 Porsche) 265 40 ZR 18
Rear: RE050A (Scuderia) 345 35 ZR 19

Best, Bret.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Alternatively, you could invest the $250,000 +/- into a 5-star level mutual fund or ETF that earns roughly 15% per year over a 10-year period and also get $1,000,000. There are roughly 100+ high quality mutual funds or ETF's that earn that minimum level (15%) of annual return.

Certainly not risk-free, but neither is owning a $250K +/- car that may (or may not) have the "potential" of being a $1,000,000 car.

Usually, Patrick is the person making these WAG's.
My words! :-)

One could argue that you can't drive the mutual funds, but the answer is to do both:
buy that GT and the funds!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hey, I love the FGT. One of my favorite cars. However, generally, the collectible cars that significantly increase in value, as Evan thinks the FGT might, will have to be kept with very low mileage.

I really don't know enough about what's out there, but most FGT's I see have ultra low mileage, some still in their wrappers. So, these cars will sit in their garages for years and deteriorate, some more than others depending on maintenance and climate.

So, I'd argue, if that's the case. then why not hold an asset that has a better chance of increasing in value, no maintenance and/or deterioration, and is highly liquid (sold quickly for a $10 +/- commission).

Now, if you're Steve Balmer and just paid $2 Billion for the Clippers, then ignore what I just said.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Pssst...wanna buy an early 90s ZR-1?
Old 06-19-2014, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
The last or possibly previous issue of Hot Rod magazine showed a GT that crashed right by their offices in SOCAL. So yes, it is still happening although not as often because most are not driven as pointed out previously.
They are particularly dangerous on cold mornings because a stock one can make 600 RWHP in those conditions and the tires are near glass transition temps.
They were 550 at the crank stock, I find it hard to believe it's going to make 600 rwhp on a cold morning.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 06-19-2014, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Rwhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
They were 550 at the crank stock, I find it hard to believe it's going to make 600 rwhp on a cold morning.
First of all, intake air temperature has a very big effect on forced induction engines. Ford, as you may or may not recall had a problem with over rating Mustang HP years ago and got burned. Being a normal corporate entity they over reacted in the opposite direction and started being VERY conservative with HP numbers. The 550 GT number was based on worst case conditions and with a safety factor. The other piece of information you are missing is that the Recardo transaxlel loses about 5% HP and torque because of it's excellent design.
A personal friend witnessed the 600 HP pull on a chassis dyno during development of the FGT with a bone stock engine. These cars are not like many we see here where an overly optimistic (phoney) engine dyno HP number is excused by saying 20-25% was lost to driveline and exhaust when a sub par RWHP is measured.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
ETF = Exchange Traded Fund. It has the attributes of a mutual fund in that the fund holds multiple assets, but the share trades on the stock market instead of the mutual fund market. The difference is that mutual funds trade at the value at the close of business, whereas ETFs trace at market value at the time of the trace. Lots can happen between 1:00 and 4:00...

For example QQQ and DIA are ETFs that track the Nasdaq and Dow.
This system is not allowing multi quotes.

I was joking my * * * founded * * * and was in partnership on 3 banks with * * *.

Last edited by Jamo; 08-19-2014 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: requested by poster
Old 06-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Things were much simpler then...

BTW, found some interior shots of the Farm in its heyday...stunning.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
You obviously don't like to do any research before making comments, statements or asking questions.

As an example, just to pick one mutual fund, Fidelity Select Chemicals Portfolio (FSCHX). 10-year return, including the recent Great Recession, earned 15.6% annualized. Not that hard to find, if you do your research. Like maybe buying a SAAC World Registry for $245.

Bernie Madoff? You have to stop reading the Enquirer and think about picking up a WSJ.

I love my all my shoes too, but I wear them out and replace them often. But you keep collecting shoes. Maybe you can save up some $$$ and buy a SAAC World Registry.

I do want to say I'm sorry that your dad lost money with Mr. Madoff.
He did not state his dad lost money with Madoff, you assume so.

WSJ that institution was compromised years ago.

He doesn't need a Registry. He can look up Briggs Cunningham, Lance Reventlow, and Shelby. Then maybe Ralph DePalma and Cannonball Baker for kicks.

It was actually refreshing to see a younger man come across Shelby intel about those tubs Shelby found in the back shed after several decades. Most of us knew this tall tale and some members here just have been miserable to NYG. You need new blood here and there are no stupid questions. Just immature members tired of hearing something for the umpth-teen time.

As far as the Ford GT it is not even in my top ten list of favorites. It may not even be in the top 50 that I own.

The other week I was reading the newest registry and a business partner who is a sheik caught me early morning by the pool and he was going through my morning readings. we had a great discussion which actually answered many questions that I have wondered about. So there goes a new autographed registry, Shoens' book and two others for a culture exchange.

I really don't think he needs a registry with his stated future intentions. cut him some slack for a minute.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post

I saw a piece with kids trading sneakers at these get togethers. Sort of like trading baseball cards decades ago but this is big money.

I have some sneakers I rarely wear but I do not collect. One pair my wife use to hate Shaqnosis. Not sure if spelled correctly. I call him the big dummy and * * *. He got pissed at me because I drove a nicer car to my children's great grandparents funeral.

Last edited by Jamo; 08-19-2014 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: requested by poster
Old 06-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxRider View Post
He did not state his dad lost money with Madoff, you assume so.

WSJ that institution was compromised years ago.

He doesn't need a Registry. He can look up Briggs Cunningham, Lance Reventlow, and Shelby. Then maybe Ralph DePalma and Cannonball Baker for kicks.

It was actually refreshing to see a younger man come across Shelby intel about those tubs Shelby found in the back shed after several decades. Most of us knew this tall tale and some members here just have been miserable to NYG. You need new blood here and there are no stupid questions. Just immature members tired of hearing something for the umpth-teen time.

As far as the Ford GT it is not even in my top ten list of favorites. It may not even be in the top 50 that I own.

The other week I was reading the newest registry and a business partner who is a sheik caught me early morning by the pool and he was going through my morning readings. we had a great discussion which actually answered many questions that I have wondered about. So there goes a new autographed registry, Shoens' book and two others for a culture exchange.

I really don't think he needs a registry with his stated future intentions. cut him some slack for a minute.
Onyx, first, sarcasm and humor. Try and read between the lines.

Second, IMO, nearly every post of yours is wordy, confusing, incoherent at times, and requires substantial editing. And often have no relation to the topic being discussed.

Third, a little bit of research goes a long way towards answering questions. Before asking questions, NYG or anyone for that matter, should spend at least a few minutes researching a topic. Buying a registry would not only help NYG to learn about the history of Shelby and his cars, but also support SAAC and its hard working registrars. That's my recommendation. And it may head off questions like the "Shelby and the lost frames" thread.

Lastly, read your last post about Shaq, sneakers, etc. Simply ridiculous, again, IMO. And stop name dropping with President Obama and Shaq. It's just sounds weird and egomaniacal.