22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Nissan

Sour grapes. Instead of acknowledging a Ford GT is a good buy for all the right reasons, sour grape cc members counter with stock tips.

I'm back from Petco. They had a sale on kitty litter and what a pain in the a$$ to carry 2 bags of kitty litter onto a crowded subway! Don't know how guys handle summer weather driving their hot rods. I need air conditioning! Well, that's my life today.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Sour grapes. Instead of acknowledging a Ford GT is a good buy for all the right reasons, sour grape cc members counter with stock tips.

I'm back from Petco. They had a sale on kitty litter and what a pain in the a$$ to carry 2 bags of kitty litter onto a crowded subway! Don't know how guys handle summer weather driving their hot rods. I need air conditioning! Well, that's my life today.
Sour grapes? Read more carefully. The FGT is one of my favorite cars of all time. A "great buy" as you say? I don't know.

However, Evan mentioned that he thought the Ford GT could be worth $1MM in 10 years or less. And that's entirely possible. No one can predict the future. I only offered a more liquid alternative investment with a 10+ year track record of 15%+ returns (to get to $1MM) for those seeking a place to park their $250,000 for 10 years.

As for carrying two bags of kitty litter around, consider it your exercise for today. Or you could consider it training for this:

Old 06-19-2014, 05:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Pssst...wanna buy an early 90s ZR-1?
How much?

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Onyx, first, sarcasm and humor. Try and read between the lines.

Second, IMO, nearly every post of yours is wordy, confusing, incoherent at times, and requires substantial editing. And often have no relation to the topic being discussed.

Third, a little bit of research goes a long way towards answering questions. Before asking questions, NYG or anyone for that matter, should spend at least a few minutes researching a topic. Buying a registry would not only help NYG to learn about the history of Shelby and his cars, but also support SAAC and its hard working registrars. That's my recommendation. And it may head off questions like the "Shelby and the lost frames" thread.

Lastly, read your last post about Shaq, sneakers, etc. Simply ridiculous, again, IMO. And stop name dropping with President Obama and Shaq. It's just sounds weird and egomaniacal.

Please skip my posts you are being foolish! Do you want me to examine what you actually post on here? Interpret what you will EVERYTHING mentioned in my post is in relation to what was posted earlier. You caught me in warrior mode so better duck.

OK we are in pre-school now listen up knock. I mention sneakers because it was discussed by another member several times and members like you joked about his collection. I am not blood related however there is a former NBA player with a massive sneaker collection who is * * *. Hence topic related to a members former post. Name drop you have to be kidding! I went out of my way not to mention Shaq the big dummy! And my family name is * * * which is why I find it worth mentioning. I write for myself so obviously you do not know the several levels coming across that tie everything together. Maybe you should just not comment on matters you fail to understand.

As far as Obama another member posted negative remarks on the topic and for better or worse he is still my Commander and Chief.

What you think about me has zero concern for me but your behavior has been in question with your 'observations' of what a member should be doing in YOUR opinion.

Instead of researching interest yields telling members a certain % possible with your funds...why don't you tell us what you have actually made in your investments. What % made in true live form. Not just some BS that someone can look up. You could mention a percentage you yielded and not the fund. Or even what you lost because everyone has those.

That's what I try to accomplish translating personal experience that you consider ____. Keep on posting your childish thoughts you must amuse someone. I don't have the time as you do to post 20 random posts so I condense a few thoughts into one post.

NYG got the message about sneakers and obviously the message to you did not.

Carry on

Edit for knock: Guess I have to waste my time responding to foolishness. I said I was keeping an eye on things.

Last edited by Jamo; 08-19-2014 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: requested by poster
Old 06-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby

It's Friday evening...I've been dealing with the UFW and Teamsters all freeking week...and I'd like to relax.

So, there's been responses by both...let's move on back to a discussion about Ford GTs and leave sneakers, paper investments and other stuff out of it...or bygodallmighty I'm gonna start talking about watches after I down a couple of raki shots.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
How much?
There's a story...

A couple of brothers are in the produce industry and are into cars. One bought a new ZR-1 in the early 90s, talking endlessly about what a deal he got (even with the dealer markup) and how that English designed motorboat motor and wide ass was gonna make him a ton of cash, so he parked it. I think it's got less than 5k on it now...always maintained, etc....and he's going to be damn lucky to get back some of the inflated dealer price he paid for it. His teenage son has been begging for it and honestly, if may end up being the kid's car.

He scoffed at his brother spending $280k on an F40 a little over a decade ago. This brother (lives down the street from me) drives it on a regular basis. Love hearing the screaming he does with it for my sake when he goes by, but he acknowledges my ability to light up his car alarms when I do a little payback. Anyway...he's done, shall we say, just a bit better investment-wise even with the miles he's added.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
It's Friday evening...I've been dealing with the UFW and Teamsters all freeking week...and I'd like to relax.

So, there's been responses by both...let's move on back to a discussion about Ford GTs and leave sneakers, paper investments and other stuff out of it...or bygodallmighty I'm gonna start talking about watches after I down a couple of raki shots.
Hard to stop in this mode boss. Glad I don't have time to read all these threads.

But on topic of wrecks...

Million Dollar Car Crash in Monte Carlo | Luxury Car News by JustLuxe

And one for Jamo

Gift Guide: The Best Luxury Watches For Father's Day and Beyond

Old 06-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Damn you...got a little advance showing of the Stones' Primero at Harrod's a few months ago.

A lovely little trinket...bad place to get something for yourself when the wife believes in that damn concept of equality.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE

all the new design watches are beautiful, just they are too damn large.
when i wear something like that i look like flava-flav...

i'll stick to my vintage Bulova's....i like to wind them anyway
Old 06-20-2014, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxRider View Post
Hard to stop in this mode boss. Glad I don't have time to read all these threads.

But on topic of wrecks...

Million Dollar Car Crash in Monte Carlo | Luxury Car News by JustLuxe

And one for Jamo

Gift Guide: The Best Luxury Watches For Father's Day and Beyond

There is a youtube video of this accident. No one was seriously hurt but it was a close call.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The Ford GT was a good buy 2-3 years ago. Now, not so much... Buy low, sell high. I got my heritage for a good price (as is the case whenever someone buys something from someone else, or you wouldn't have done it).

Buying a FGT now thinking it is going to go exponentially up is like buying apple stock. Or Ford stock when it was about a buck. The money to be made were with the ones who got in at the bottom.

Buy one now because you want one, not because you think it's an investment.

P.S. Everything I own is for sale. For a price.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
all the new design watches are beautiful, just they are too damn large.
when i wear something like that i look like flava-flav...

I'll stick to my vintage Bulova's....I like to wind them anyway
Need to work on them wrists boy. I'm the opposite...44s (big) look "normal" on my wrist so that traditional sized watches...even a 42 Speedy...look a bit small.

What's wrong with manual wind? Some of my best let me enjoy that ritual every morning.

Watches are like wearing Cobras on your wrist...we can immediately recognize another human with the same fine madness. My client and I had to meet with a retired assembly speaker with decidedly opposite political views for a chat so he could carry a message for us to the other side of a labor dispute. My client was concerned I was going to just go on the attack and kept reminding me to be nice. When we all sat down, we noticed each other's Panerais and ended up talking about them for 40 minutes and the business at hand for 10 minutes, leaving as buds. Things worked out perfectly...client never teases me about my watches now. Course, sorta knew beforehand which watch to wear...knew Awnold had pushed him and a few others towards PAMs during those cigar meetings under the tent (my daughter worked for him during both terms).
Old 06-21-2014, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
...When we all sat down, we noticed each other's Panerais and ended up talking about them for 40 minutes and the business at hand for 10 minutes, leaving as buds...
Do u charge by the minute or the hour? It seems it was only 10 minutes of work and 40mins of bs. You should bill your client only 10 mins.

psst, whats your opinion of Hublot watches? They are like "Kirkhams" of the watch world.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer

Like the "Lawyer in Hell joke about "billable hours"

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 06-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Why do you think of them as the "Kirkhams" of the watch world?

They make a good line of watches...good materials and movements. Just not my cup of tea.

Tenth of an hour, actually...my chronos serve a business function. If you've dealt with many attorneys or firms, with up charges for everything from copying to overhead charges to cover the cost of Charmin, my billing practices might surprise you. I don't charge for everything, I discount my bills by 10% for what I consider to be bull****, even if it's not me engaging in in it, and my rates (being from Fresno) are a damn sight cheaper than the rates charged in LA or Frisco, despite the fact I serve the same markets they do throughout California.

The clients I had in 78 are still with me, and I represent the largest ag producers in just about every segment of ag out here, from flat cops (vegetables, etc.) to wineries to stone fruit packinghouses to wine-raisin-table grape growers to the dairy industry to commercial nurseries to grass growers (asparagus) to huge cotton operations and beyond.

We also represent non-ag operations, from mfg companies to one of our favorite clients...a high end strip club.

Want to know anything else?

Now...match the info I just gave with info about your own business and billing practices.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Why do you think of them as the "Kirkhams" of the watch world?

This is my take of Hublot watches.

Hublot is a relative new company and their claim to fame is 'shiny metal'. When I think of Kirkham I think 'shiny metal'. Hublots are pricey, same shelf as the established watch makers and they've done more in less time. Plus I am a huge basketball nerd and ballers love hublot.

As for your other question, my work background is computers. I've had a few salary jobs at the office and plenty of freelance part time jobs. My PT gigs, I charge per entire project. My 'work' clock is 24/7.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Like the "Lawyer in Hell joke about "billable hours"
Did you mean John O'Quinn? Or wast hat a generic reference.

O'Quinn was described as the lawyer from hell, especially by tobacco industry.

Nice car collection though, even with all those silly batmobile and flintstone pieces.

My good friend the banker has an avatar "hang all the lawyers"

Hey Dominik if reading this I'm getting yahoo from Canada while in Maine park. 75 feet of RV trouble backing up. Last time I get something German made. lol

Wish I could get a clip from Dr. Detroit when he's running away from the bad guys ''these guys are serious". But now I'm speaking on watches.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery

NYG...thought you meant more as if they made the actions for other mfgs like Kirkham makes the bodies for CSX. Ok, yeah, they're "shiny."

That's actually why they're not really a choice of mine, though my dress watches are sorta shiny. I focus more on sports stuff...mostly divers and chromos.

24/7...that's it? check my post times over a period sometime. When you represent farmers, like my Mom and Dad were, you use farmer time, which is whenever you need to do something, you do it. Since I have clients with international ops, that means "whenever" everywhere...I actually use the Doxa's three time zones during certain seasons.

Sleep is my enemy.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
24/7...that's it? check my post times over a period sometime. When you represent farmers, like my Mom and Dad were, you use farmer time, which is whenever you need to do something, you do it. Since I have clients with international ops, that means "whenever" everywhere...I actually use the Doxa's three time zones during certain seasons.

Sleep is my enemy.
leather strap your iphone to your wrist. it has a world clock
Old 06-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

You guys should take a little SAS exercise of being dropped off in the middle of nowhere(deep woods) with not much of anything for direction. You guys are soft. lol