Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
September 2024
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
David, when i said package deal i wasn't refering to a better price, just putting all the items in the one shipment,the prices you are offering are fantastic and i think asking for a further discount would be just plain rude of me. Those pipes are not the ones i'm after, i want side pipes not header pipes, i just wasnt sure what yours looked like or the price. i will take the dash and steering column and that roll of vinyl if it's still there. If you do have the side pipes i would like going at a good price i might add them to the box too. Thanks again...

Rob.. I will need to know where to go to for payment and to give you my shipping details

Sorry david missed your post saying the vinyl was gone and you only have stainless side pipes, so i guess i'm done.
Hey, can't hurt to ask

I'll figure out something on that dash for you. That shipping is just too much $$$.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 12-20-2010, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     

Did you ever run across a top and/or side curtains?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX 351 windsor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
Hey, can't hurt to ask

I'll figure out something on that dash for you. That shipping is just too much $$$.

David
Anything you could do with the shipping would be fantastic, i'll try not to bother you anymore. If you want you could pm me when you have time with all the details and final pricing or my email is nobby 7977 at yahoo dot com.
Can't say how much i appreciate all your help, just wish i could afford to buy a complete car form you ..

.Rob..
Old 12-20-2010, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Hey David, just spoke with you and many thanks! Hang in there! Look forward to the Brake cans, I will need them for sure! All the best to you and your crew! Matt
Old 12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

David, I think that some thought you might be getting out of the business is proof of just how generous you've been with some of your current parts. A few months ago I thought about calling you for a harness for my new car but I figured even if you were willing to sell it, I'd have to pay a fortune for it. Besides, I've heard stories of other manufacturers who simply won't sell to "non-owners" so I never got around to making the call. I couldn't have been more wrong and it's clear that not only does Kirkham make the best roadster in the business, they are some of the finest people in the business. I'm certain it's not lost on you that it's a much smaller percentage of cobra guys who can swing one of your cars. Making some of the unique pieces available like this was very kind. I will likely never own a Kirkham, but I am very pleased to be owning pieces of one.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
UPDATE!!!

While walking past this part I noticed one of the legs was welded back on in Poland. (The car was in a wreck). The control arm is NOT usable. It is garage art only.

This is an original right rear lower control arm for a 289 Cobra.
$250

Price reduced $200
Old 12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by david kirkham View Post

After market FE mounts. Please note, one of the studs is longer than the other one. That won't matter when you put in your motor, but just making sure you know. We have 4 each. 3 with the short stud. 1 with the long stud.

$5 each until they are gone

2 sold, 2 left
Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
UPDATE
GARAGE ART

Two original front 289 Cobra Koni shocks. These are damaged and probably can't be rebuilt.

$75 each.
$50 each
Now $30 each
Old 12-20-2010, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
UPDATE
2 LEFT

Shelby American Battery Tray.

This is the battery tray that Shelby used in the CSX4000 cars.

$25 each

Now only $15 each
Old 12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Used lower oil remote for an FE
Retail $75
Today $25

Now only $20
Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Differential 2

Differential with axle housings and bearings.

This differential case had the OUTER pinion bore machined over sized. If you want to bore it out and sleeve it you can save a very expensive case. The differential unit is a 19 Power Lock--the same unit used in an original car. The axle housings are copies of the original with the taper roller bearings. You will have to clean or replace the bearings.

Differential case $2000
Side axle housing with bearings $300 x 2 for $600
Power Lock Differential $475
Retail $3075
Today $900
$800

Now only $700
Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
VERY POPULAR ITEM. WE HAVE 3 MORE. POWDER COATED BLACK

This is a complete, brand new, pedal box assembly. This includes the pedal box, brake and clutch pedals, brake and clutch master cylinders, and brake bias bar. We have 3 of these for sale.

Retail $700 Today $350

We have 1 left. Very popular item in the sale.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Garage Art!

Original 427 Cobra front bumper over rider. This one has seen better days. Great for the garage wall.

$75
$50

Now only $30
Old 12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
VERY POPULAR ITEM. WE WILL KEEP MAKING THEM UNTIL THE SALE ENDS.

STEERING COLUMN!!!

This is the latest steering column we use in our cars. This is an immense improvement over the original cars.

Includes
main steering shaft, stainless (31 1/2 inches long) $150
steering wheel nut $25
steering wheel hub $125
steering column $150
lower support bearing $50

Hub will accept original steering wheel bolt hole pattern.

The engine end of the main shaft is a "Double-D." We have the original style 3/4 48 spline on the engine side as well (please add $15 for the original end).

Retail $500
Today $250

Steering column tube fits the standard VW turn signal switch

Engine side of the shaft is turned to accept a 3/4 bearing.

Lower bearing support for foot box.

Close up of the lower bearing support which bolts to the foot box.
The sale will end very soon. We hold this price for a few more hours. Very popular item.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Prototype windshield assembly. This windshield is made from Lexan. The Lexan is lightly scratched all over. You will probably want to replace it. The chrome is faded and looks like the nickel is showing through. The frame is made from brass.

Retail $1000 (includes wind wings $150 and sunvisors $150)
Today $400
$300

Will let this one go for $200
Old 12-20-2010, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 482 Shelby / TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Most popular item by far of the sale. We will hold this until the end of the sale too.
David,

I would like to add the Brake Resevoir Cans & Bracket to the item that I requested in an email that I sent, I will call the shop tomorrow to discuss the other items. (Clutch slave,shifter for tko,etc).

thanks,

Peter

Last edited by Rottie; 12-20-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

David,
I will take both the Koni shocks, put them in my box. Can you also put in 2 packages of sway bar links in my box. Thanks Mark Stuart
Old 12-20-2010, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmimac351 View Post
David, I think that some thought you might be getting out of the business is proof of just how generous you've been with some of your current parts. A few months ago I thought about calling you for a harness for my new car but I figured even if you were willing to sell it, I'd have to pay a fortune for it. Besides, I've heard stories of other manufacturers who simply won't sell to "non-owners" so I never got around to making the call. I couldn't have been more wrong and it's clear that not only does Kirkham make the best roadster in the business, they are some of the finest people in the business. I'm certain it's not lost on you that it's a much smaller percentage of cobra guys who can swing one of your cars. Making some of the unique pieces available like this was very kind. I will likely never own a Kirkham, but I am very pleased to be owning pieces of one.

Merry Christmas.
Thank you very much for the kind words. I sincerely appreciate them. I am happy some of our old parts (hey, some were brand new) are able to help other people make their dream come true this Christmas time. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year.

David
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Guys,

Thanks for a great time. I have to end the sale now. Time to get back to putting cars together.

In an effort to include all our friends all across the world who have taken part, the sale will officially end tomorrow morning at 9:00 am MST. I'll have a lot of boxes to pack up tomorrow

Tomorrow we will be on to our next project.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, a wonderful Holiday season and a most prosperous New Year.

David
Old 12-20-2010, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

David,
How much too big is the bore on the center section? How much meat is still there to make a sleeve to put in it? Thanks Mark