S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

Sorry to hear about the hip, but that bending over would make it easy to hurt something. That is why I love those Kwik Lifts that I got.
I have been watching a comedy of people putting in a new water line down the street abut a half block from me. First they cut the street in to by digging a big trench across it, but never bothered to put any street closed signs up. So several people had to back about 200 yards to the intersection where they should have put the sign. I told him he had better put up some signs or they were going to have some very ticked off people and some of them that live on that street are big time dopers. So they put up a sign up there and then went to the intersection on the other side of my place and put up a Detour sign. the only problem is, they have the arrow pointing into the people's driveway that live across the street from the road. I see he now has his gate closed. Boy, talk about a group of less than brilliant people.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-13-2007, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren thanks i don't chat much i guess thats obvious now anyway thanks i'll try a tread else where such as small block
kevinsboss
Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

uhoh. Sunnyvale/Garland/Mesquite east Dallas under tornado warning!
darn!

baseball sized hail!
i'll keep you posted!
K
Old 04-13-2007, 05:28 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Tornadoes - Tennis Ball size hail - 80 mph straight line winds !!!

It has passed thru here now. Kristen should be out of it shortly.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

well that was no fun.

electricity off for a few minutes, blowing wind, but none the worse for wear.

still under a warning, but evidently the tornado was not in this part of Sunnyvale. goooood....

hey, Fred. did ya'll get a bunch of hail?
we didn't get any!
lots of black sky and driving rain.
warning til midnight, i think.
electricity off long enough to mess with clocks, computers etc.

i'll check in in a bit.

pretty much went thru the I-30 corrider, a few miles north of me, but awfully close to my brother trey!
his electricity at his apartment was off for a good while.
more later.
k
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

K & Fred
Glad both of you are OK. But what about Frenchy? Hopefully she wasn't out on the porch!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:04 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Glad it went north of you,it wasn't by much though.How did Trey make out ?

I got ping pong size hail here.Feel very lucky compared to a lot of folks in DFW.

Post a couple pictures shortly.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:19 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren,
Frenchy would have really been hopping if she had still been on the deck with her tongue nailed to it.
She is VERY Thankful tonight.

We'll see how long that lasts.

Last edited by 392cobra; 04-13-2007 at 06:22 PM..
Old 04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

That's some nasty looking hail. Hopefully all of your cars were in the garage! We get some hail every so often, but its usually smaller than a pea! We are supposed to get a nasty northeaster over the weekend. They predict gusts up to 75 MPH along the coast with up to 5" rain and extremely high tides. I only live 5 houses from the Atlantic Ocean, but thankfully I'm about 75 ft above sea level. But the only road out to the peninsula I live on is about 4 feet above mean high tide ... so we might be an island for a while!

We have had a great winter until spring arrived. This month has been really weird weather, but at least its not snow! Thankfully, Tru has collected all of the snow before it has passed over my area.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Fred, now those are "natural" ice cubes and you can say you have done your part if a tree hugger asks. All of the energy to make that ice was natural.

May actually get to 50 today. It will rain, but it may get warmer.

My engine deal fell through, the guy was mistaken about what it really was. Seems I get those more now than before.

I will be driving the Cobra today!!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Kristen & Fred,

Glad the wind and hail didn't get any worse. Fred those are some nasty looking chunks of ice. Sure hate to be hit in the head with one of them. It is raining lightly here right now but we had our hail a month or so ago. I hope.

Tru,

Finally going to drive the Cobra and not work on it, Good for you. Take some pictures and post them.

Ron

Old 04-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh please Mt Shasta Goddess, relieve my pain. Forecast for next 10 days is temps below 50 °F here and Tru has threatened to go for a ride. Woe is me! Turtle wants to feel that wind in his face during a ride.

Guess I'll continue with various maintenance stuff. Maybe a new set of plugs since I just replaced the cap and rotor. Have to install the nice and shiny valve covers after polishing. Spent about an hour just cleaning the engine compartment the other day, and it still needs at least another hour of cleaning.

Glad to hear that everyone in the Texas area is OK. I've lived thru a few hurricanes, but I do not think I would enjoy a tornado.

Tru - sitting in the Cobra making sounds and doing practice WOT shifting in the garage does not count as a ride. Pictures are necessary! Is all the mud dried up?

Last edited by wtm442; 04-14-2007 at 06:56 AM..
Old 04-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

You are going to have that engine compartment so nice you will be afraid to start the car, let alone drive it.

Didn't Tru tell you about the 2 1/2 mile enclosed track he built for testing his Cobra on? Must have slipped his mind.

Ron

Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
The Peaceful Majority

by William Haynes

I used to know a man whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War Two. They owned a number of large industries and estates. I asked him how many German people were true Nazis, and the answer he gave has stuck with me and guided my attitude toward fanaticism ever since.

"Very few people were true Nazis "he said," but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories."

We are told again and again by "experts" and "talking heads" that Islam is the religion of peace, and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace.

Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirelyirrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history.

It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. The hard quantifiable fact is that the "peaceful
majority" is the "silent majority" and it is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia comprised Russians who just wanted to live in
peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about
20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War 2 was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet. And, who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were "peace loving"?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our
powers of reason we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:

Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.
Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awake one day and
find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have
begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs
Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

As for us who watch it all unfold; we must pay attention to the only group that counts; the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Lastly, I wish to add: I sincerely think that anyone who rejects this as just another political rant, or doubts the seriousness of this issue or just deletes it without paying heed to it, is part of the problem. Lets quit laughing at and forwarding the jokes and cartoons which denigrate and ridicule our leaders in this war against terror. They are trying to protect the interests and well
being of the world and it's citizens. Best we support them.

William Haynes

__________________________________________________ ______

Old 04-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am cancelling the drive, it looks like it will not even make it past 44 today.

It is cold and looks like rain at any minute.

I wish I have an enclosed track. I also wish I had a lot of money. But, as the saying goes, "wish in one hand, poop in the other. See which one fills up the fastest."

It is 35 right now and NOW we are supposed to get snow...again!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Has anyone seen the Celtic Woman concert on PBS? Boy, they are good! It's on TV now and I'm just listening while I type. I've watched the show about 5 times now!

All the way up to 52 °F here Tru, but its cloudy and windy. Northeaster coming thru tomorrow.

Nice post Ron. Makes you think about all the silent majorities that are "never heard".
Old 04-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's gonna be a fire in the fireplace night again.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Sorry that you never got to go for the drive. It has been cold and raining off and on all day here today. But you will have nice weather one of these days. Just be sure the Cobra is ready for that day.

Warren,

You should post that e-mail that you sent me about the flag here for all to read it. Thanks, I learned a lot from it.

Ron

Old 04-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61
Warren, You should post that e-mail that you sent me about the flag here for all to read it. Thanks, I learned a lot from it.
Ron
I tried. Not easy to post e-mail message here with 10 pictures imbedded (not attachments). I tried copying to Word and saving as an html file, but picture were just red X's.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is like 25 outside.

I have had enough of winter.