S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2007, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru
At least it isn't hailing where you are. It tore our vehicles up pretty good. It could have been alot worse though.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

We had some wet snow earlier in the week, but it has been in the 50s since. We have an offer on our house in CA. Not as much as we wanted, but better than we expected.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

i just finished all the dishes, pans, trays etc from having 17 for dinner. i'm wiped. going to bed.

it's 12:05!!
k
Old 04-15-2007, 04:23 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Its a balmy 40 °F outside now, with forecast of 5 straight days with rain! Everyone get out your "ark" Cobra! Guess I'll forget about running the Boston Marathon tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Rained most of the day yesterday and is cool here this morning. My head is all stuffy and my sinuses are having a ball. I for-see a day of staying inside out of the wet and trying to get rid of this before it turns into a full blown cold.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Ron
Join the crowd.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

Your report isn't to inviting looking either. But sooner or later you will be back to the nice weather and collapsing tunnels on your drives. I think I am just going to lay around all day as I feel like I have been ran over by a truck.

Ron

Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Warren,
Do you have a spare bed and beach towel for Frenchy the next couple of days ?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I am glad to know that Fred and Kristen are safe after those storms attacked northern Texas and Oklahoma.

I tried the ground yesterday...still frozen.

I may just cut some wood and lounge.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:23 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Frenchy is pretty excited about visiting Warren & Turtle to enjoy their wet weather.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:51 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,
There was a news segment on Fox the other day about your Yellow Star-Thistle.
That stuff is even tougher than what you've said.

Fire can not destroy the seeds and the seeds can survive 5-10 years.Roots can go down 6 feet.

Looks like you need to bring in some weevils,fruit flys and fungus to fight it.

Three species of weevil in the beetle subfamily Cleoninae effectively reduce seed production in the yellow starthistle.

Yellow starthistle bud weevil (Bangasternus orientalis) is a fuzzy brown weevil that lays its eggs in the flowers, and when its larvae hatch, they feed on the developing seed.
Yellow starthistle hairy weevil (Eustenopus villosus) is a long-snouted, hairy-looking weevil that lays a single egg inside each flower bud. The larva then consumes the seeds within.
Yellow starthistle flower weevil (Larinus curtus) is a brownish weevil that lays eggs in the flowers as it feeds on the pollen. The larvae then eat the seeds when they hatch.

Three species of tephritid fruit fly also attack the seedheads of yellow starthistle.

Yellow starthistle peacock fly and false peacock fly (Chaetorellia australis and C. succinea, respectively) are small nectar-feeding flies that deposit eggs into the seedheads, where their larvae consume the seeds and flower ovaries.
Banded yellow starthistle gall fly (Urophora sirunaseva) produces larvae that pupate within a woody gall within the flower and disrupt seed production.

Additionally, a variety of the rust fungus Puccinia jaceae has shown promise as an agent against yellow starthistle. The rust causes widespread pathology in the leaves of the plant and slow its dispersal.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred
You crack me up. Just got thru watching a couple of "Ahhhhhnald Swartzengrabber" movies.

Turtle has moss growing on his back due to all the rain we've had, and much more expected. Anywhere up to 5" forecast for today and tonight!

My back yard is almost a swamp right now, even though we had almost no snow this winter. My sump pump is normally working overtime in April and May, but I have not even heard it come on once yet. Wierd!!!

I do have a spare bedroom for Frenchy. I even have an enclosed back porch with a wooden floor, just in case I have to punish her with some nails thru that sensuous tongue of hers. I'll even go out and catch some flies for her! Turtle is lonely out there in the front yard. He needs company that I cannot provide.

Glad you survived the hail storm.

Ron - if you need any fungus, I've got some for ya!

Last edited by wtm442; 04-15-2007 at 09:04 AM..
Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

I have told you that stuff is nearly indestructible. If I could just figure a way to use it to build stuff, I would never need to do any repairs or upkeep. Even Frenchy would find this stuff to her dislike.

Ron

Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru
Even thought the temp was only 39 °F about two Saturdays ago, I did drive my Cobra down to the car club. I've been working on it, but still have plenty of time b/4 the weather gets good enough to take a real ride. You remember what a ride feels like?

Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442
Ron - if you need any fungus, I've got some for ya!
Bring those weevil & fruitflies in,Frenchy will come visit your next.

I guess your first floor is high enough that you won't get any water there ??
Old 04-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Frenchy
Without the sump pump, I could get up to about 2 inches in the cellar. But I also have a shower drain, so you would be right at home if I turned the sump pump off. Of course, its much dryer upstairs in my bed! Oops, in the spare bedroom.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

You have that car looking to good to drive now. Wish I had as much space as you do. And of course Tru remembers what a ride is like. After all he has his tractor.

Ron

Old 04-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well gee Warren that sure is nice of you to be concerned on whether I remember what driving my Cobra feels like. Unlike you, my memory is intact and working well. But cheer up, I understand they are making major headway in science and medicine for those who are having problems remembering.

On a lighter note, I finally ( after five years ) cut and moved the four foot in diameter Cherry tree that has been sitting next to the drive. It took almost all day to cut it and move it. My 20 inch saw would not even cut half.

So, how about them wings???????? 2 - 0 in the series, eh?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Ron, I used the tractor a lot today.

I see Fred has Fenchy jumping on his post? What is up with that?

I know I did not read where the frog is visiting Warren.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lets see ... what was I going to type? Oh, I remember. Darn, I forgot.