S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

That is a lot of food. Don't you like gain weight?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Its really not a lot when you take a $25 order and make 4 meals out of it. Had meal 3 tonight and meal 4 will be tomorrow.

About 2 hours after eating the Chinese food, I have an intense desire to conquer the world and iron a shirt
Old 05-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

tonight i made tacos/burritos. (same meat, different shells)

pico, guacamole, queso, fresh jalapeno......
yum yum! everybody likes it except #3, who says it's all too spicy.
too bad, girlie, you live in Texas.....
Old 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ahh... but do you really?

Old 05-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Food. One of my favorite things and it sure shows. I always figured anything was good if I could get it into my mouth, swallow it, and then keep it down.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Strange, there are a lot of people like that. Ron, you have started a new fad...eating.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

It is embarrassing when I go in to buy clothes and they refer me to a sporting goods store where they sell tents. I am going to have to go back to the cemetery and pay for another grave plot next to mine so they can dig one wide enough.

Ron

Old 05-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Made it past 150 pounds...huh?

Man, maybe we should diet together, you know, we email each other and lie about what we ate and what we didn't eat.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Quesitons, I have lots of them?

Hi all this is my first post, and i am affraid its going to be long winded. I am considering getting a cobra, currently really thinking about going with backdraft. So here is the dilema,, I want a sports car, I want it to be fast, and a roadster. I always loved the cobras so that part is sold. Now here is where the issues come in, I have never kept a car more than 2 years so resale is a big concern. I know many people will say, buy the car because you love it, but given my past patterns of not keeping cars for too long, I would be a fool not to consider this. Also I dont really care so much about being true to the original, let face it this is the 20th century and I would want some of the modern technology in the car. I am not a mechanic, nor have time to tinker and tune my cars myself. I strongly leaning toward fuel injection for reliabilty reasons. Basicly I just want to be able to get in the car on a sunday and go, no retuning every season, no adjusting carbs etc, just get in and drive. Please give me any thoughts on what you think of backdraft, resale of them, and what your experience is with fuel injection vs carb set ups. any information would be a great help.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Yamazee - suggest you copy that post and repost it in the ALL COBRA section.

Hey Ron - stop eating so much Mexican food and build a higher fence in your back yard!
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Stop eating so much. You want me to waste away to 280 pounds don't you. I have had to slow down as my right shoulder hurts so bad it is hard for me to raise my right arm and that makes it hard to eat. Maybe that is God's way of telling me to cut back. Once I get the new puppies I will be to busy for a while to just sit and feel bad. I eat a lot because of my nerves and that has to stop. I had a LEAD sandwich yesterday since California has outlawed lead.

Ron

Old 05-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I eat because I enjoy it.

Warren, how about posting a picture where we can see everything. Those cotton pickin thumbnails are a joke.

OHHhhhhh.... I get it.

So, we planted about 100 trees today. Fraser Furs. I have 20 ponderosas we are planting tomorrow. I know it is late, but you do what you can with what you get.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Well you accomplished a lot more today than I did. It has only been in the low 80s today but kind of humid. I have the coupe home now and am starting to try and learn a few things about it. Wish we still had the place where I took my Cobra and spent three weeks learning all of it's quirks. There were no people around then, but now you can't go any place without at least 20 cars being there.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 05-13-2007 at 12:09 AM..
Old 05-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As I have been told, "that was then, this is now."

Ron, You'll figure it out.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

I am gaining. Just have to get used to the hard starting as this fuel injection computer is an older one and the guy said it was just one of the things it will cause. There are a hundred mapping tables but each one affects the other and it seems to run pretty well right now so I am going to drive it this way for a while and see how it works out. I have a ton of rock picks that I would like to get filled in even though they will show with this blue. But as I said I bought it to drive and not show so the picks don't really bother me. My white one had them all over but the white didn't show as easy as the blue where I had touched them up. I am up at 12:30 right now because of my stupidity. I had my main garage door open this evening and when I came in I forgot to close it and some cat went across the driveway and the detectors in the garage picked him up. They cover the complete garage and anything up to 20 feet outside the door. Mine is set up so the company just automatically calls the police first because of my health and then Jack to come let them in. By the time I got the alarms shut off and managed to keep from throwing up, there were two patrol cars here and then Jack called to see why they called him. So right now I have taken more nerve pills and am waiting to see if they can calm me down enough to go lay back down or not.

Ron

Old 05-13-2007, 05:48 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good, you may need to creep up on it and when it isn't looking...wrestle it to the ground.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

post some pics of the new car, Ron.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

Believe me that next to your cars this one looks as if it came across the border illegally with the other aliens. It has so many paint picks that I don't know where to start and the thing is, the blue is a Rolls Royce Color so I just have a little. I don't know if the paint shop here can match it and the silver or not. I am going to ask Tony where he got the touch up paint and maybe he can help me. After last nights alarm mess and my nerves just going off the scale, I can hardly drag this morning. I had to lay in the floor and open my mouth and pour some water in to get a drink. Today is not going to be a car day as I am shaking and so weak I have to hold onto the wall to walk. So I plan to spend most of the day in bed and hope for better things tomorrow. I am also trying to find a place around here where I can take it to drive it and not be bothered with traffic until I feel comfortable in the car and learn all the quirks.

Ron

Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HLC, did you have a happy mother's day??

I tried to call, but there was no answer.

Happy Mom's day.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks, tru. I didn't see a call.... but my cell phone is somewhere around here, and i took a nice nap today!
I don't really 'do' mother's day.... the girls made a card at school, and David got me a card the kids all signed. oh, and a doggie card from Sparkle and KC.
We went to lunch with David's family at mexican food, and that was fine. I bought his mom a present, of course.
but it was a pleasant day and i drove the Shelby 500 out to Nanny's church. (way out in Poetry- beyond Terrell a bit) Nice drive on country, curvy roads. Best part of the day!!!
Now the 500 is covered in bugs. you know i cleaned it and Pepe up LAST weekend, gonna have to tidy the shelby up again.
need to get the munchins fed.
#3 has practiced piano, #2 on it now. Peter still to go.
thanks for the well wishes.
K