S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

After getting my sticker on Wednesday, I drove around the town of Scituate which is about 20 miles south of my home. Very high class and expensive town, located on the Atlantic Ocean.

I traveled on many roads that I have never been on before, just to see what I could find. I found this tower on a side road. Amazing since I have passed this site within a 1/4 mile maybe a few dozen times but could not see it thru all the trees.

Picture from what is considered the front side ...

... and a picture of the rear side. The shot was taken in the back parking lot of a church that abuts the property.

It is called the "Lawson Tower". It is a 153 foot tall water tank. The wife of the owner hated the look of the bland water tower so they had it covered and put on a roof. It also has a clock room and a bell tower. Its now a part of the town Historical Committee and they just had it re-shingled in 2005. I'm sure the cost to re-shingle it was very expensive. For additional info, just do a Google for "Lawson Tower". OK class, there will be a test next Friday!

Last edited by wtm442; 09-14-2007 at 11:03 AM..
Old 09-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

This one is for Ron. I know Ron likes trees, so here is a nice dead one just off the Scituate harbor. I had to go down some small side streets to find this place.

and seeing as it was a very nice location, I took a few more pictures ....

Old 09-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, since I'm on a roll, here are the last photos from my Wed ride thru Scituate.

A nice little pond out in the middle of nowhere ...

and a nice shot of one of the many "harbors" in that town ...

and a shot taken in the Fourth Cliff area of town. Similar to a key in Florida, just a 50 to 100 foot wide strip of land about 3 miles long, but you can only access it vis a short bridge (right hand side of above photo).

Old 09-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Warren gives a whole new meaning to, "Take her to the...tower."

Old 09-14-2007, 04:29 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Subject: Tree Hugger

A woman from Los Angeles , who was a tree hugger and an anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland, near Grants Pass , OR . There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the big tree. As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch.

In considerable pain, she hurried to the nearest doctor. She told him she was an environmentalist and an anti-hunter and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go into the examining room and he would see if he could help her. She sat and waited three hours before the doctor reappeared. The angry woman demanded, "What took you so long?"

The Doctor smiled and then told her, "Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area. I'm sorry, but they turned me down."
Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Is any one receiving email notifying of new post?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

So far - yes. As bad as I am with computers, if I am getting them you may
have some "switch" turned off on yours.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Mike,

I have been receiving them ok since it went back to the old servers. Maybe you need to clean your cookies and Temp. Internet files.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Those are fantastic pictures and you really do have some great sites around there. Along with expensive ones. They used to have an old water tower in Cottonwood that was made of wood and way back when they used horses and buggies, but I can't find any of my pictures of it. I may have to see if I can get a loan on my property so I can have a car as I just feel completely left out not being able to go for rides and take pictures. Maybe Brent should prohibit anyone without a car from belonging to the site. That would get rid of some of the old farts like me that have nothing to contribute.

Ron

Old 09-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thursday's ride was just as nice as Wednesday's. Here are a few pics from Hingham.

Edited because I deleted many pics from my gallery.

Stopped in the beach parking lot. A nice lady walked up and started talking "cars" with me. She had a couple of early Mustangs. Really knowledgeable, based on the questions she asked about the Cobra. She wanted to take a picture with me in the car ...

Ron - keep a stiff upper lip or some other part of your body. The coupe will be fixed and you'll be driving it soon. This from one old fart to another.

Last edited by wtm442; 11-23-2007 at 02:25 PM..
Old 09-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Hey Ron

Getting old is so hard at times.

Yesterday I got Preparation 'H' mixed up with Poli-Grip.
NOW , I talk like an a$$hole

...but my gums don't itch!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

You are just a young kid. As for the Coupe I really don't expect to ever be driving it again. I don't even know if I will be around long enough to get it back. Should know more after my next set of tests.

Ron

Old 09-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

There's a reason why I was uncomfortable in the superperformance. I sat like three inches higher it in than I did in a could of other cars.

Now, I see Warren sitting in his car and he looks to be about three inches higher than I would like to sit.

Warren, are you 6'4" or 6'6" ???? I can not remember when we talked about this.

Fall is definitely here. It is going to 38 tonight...looks like a fire in the stove night.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
It is getting cooler here too, and I think our 100+ days may be past. Had to wear a coat this morning as it was down to 59 degrees. We even had a few sprinkles the other morning, but not enough to even settle the dust. But this is a welcome relief from those 115+ humid days.

Ron

Old 09-15-2007, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

morning everyone

been busy working on paperwork. yes, someone has to do it.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gee Steve,

Haven't you heard that computers replaced all of the paper work? I remember hearing that when I was still working and it seemed to me that they just generated more, as everyone had to have a hard copy of everything anyway and in some cases you had to sign in and give your number just to get into the darn building to work.

Ron

Old 09-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru
I was 5 foot 18", but due to shrinkage in my old age, its more like 5 foot 17" now. I took the seat track adjusters out of my SPF and bolted to the floor. That made a big difference in regards to leg room. Plus, my height is NOT due to long legs (32" inseam). That puts my head higher. My head would be above virtually any roll bar in a Cobra.

I've actually put on my jacket for my rides in the late afternoons this week.

Supposed to rain all day, but that's OK ... we need the rain.

Ron - stop talking about not being around long enough. My father finally stopped driving at age 80 and lived until he was 94. Wish he was still around.

Good morning Steve - I've been doing paperwork too. Working on my investments. Last year I made about 15% on my investments. This year to date is 1.8% Wish the stock market would stop acting like a yo-yo.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

Now is a rather unsettled time for investments. Every monthly report I have received for the past year, it seems they jump all over the place. At the rate of the one I just received, I may have to send them money to cover the next one.

Ron

Old 09-15-2007, 07:08 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442
Yesterday I got Preparation 'H' mixed up with Poli-Grip.
NOW , I talk like an a$$hole

...but my gums don't itch!
How did the Poli-Grip work out for you ?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good catch Fred,

Warren, Are you all backed-up this morning