S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren, Tru,

Glad to hear that both of you are enjoying the day. It is a little windy here right now but is supposed to get into the low 50s this afternoon. There are a few light clouds but mostly just SUN.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Morning everyone.

Nice day in the neighborhood here.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Today - Sunny low 70's
Tomorrow - Sunny low 70's
Saturday - Sunny mid 70's

Yesterday was certainly a rewarding day,besides being Sunny - mid 60's.

Sold my CSBI,Shelby stock,finally.
Sold 953,000 lbs. of cotton. Buy more Levi's
Sold 980,000 lbs. of peanuts. Eat more Snickers
Still have 476,000 lbs. of cotton to sell.

Wrapping up my tax returns today !!!

Sunday - Sunny mid 70's
Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

Pay lots of taxes. The Illegal Benefit Fund is running low.

Ron

Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

Fred,

Pay lots of taxes. The Illegal Benefit Fund is running low.

Ron

VERY funny Ron. I'll bet Fred doesn't think so But I got a good chuckle out of it. Whew that futures market is a tough one Fred, Good luck with that.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Steve,

It was meant as a joke and I am sure that Fred knows that. As for the futures market, right now it seems almost everything is tough. But Cotton will always be needed. And peanuts too if he can come up with a way to convert them to an efficient, non polluting fuel. The oil companies would then pay him any price to keep that off the market.

Ron

Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I thought peanut oil was burnable.

Warren, yes 21 is cold as well.

Opps...G2G.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

yes, I thought someone had already figured out how to do that.

You should know the answer Tru.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:04 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

November 8, 2006
Peanut Biodiesel Promising But Costly Alternative Fuel
by Roy Roberson, Farm Press Editorial Staff
Peanut oil first came into prominence during World War II as a replacement for scarce fossil fuel-based oils and lubricants. With domestic fuel prices at record levels, it is not surprising that scientists are again looking at peanut oil as a fuel alternative.

"Running peanut biodiesel cleans residue from diesel engines. This can be good and bad, because the particles tend to clog up the filter on an engine. After cleaning the filters a few times, peanut biodiesel actually runs much cleaner than diesel."

-- Daniel Geller, University of Georgia, research engineer

The primary oil used in the United States to make biodiesel fuel is soy oil. Peanut oil produces approximately 123 gallons of biodiesel per acre, compared to 50 gallons for soy oil. The problem is peanut oil on the world market is more valuable than soy oil, making conversion to biodiesel economically impractical.

Tests are underway at the University of Georgia to develop non-edible peanuts that are high in oil, and could be grown specifically for biodiesel production. These varieties are higher in oil content than currently grown runner and Virginia type varieties and would not compete on the world market with peanuts grown for food and commercial cooking oil products.

Georgia Brown is a commercially grown peanut that is high oil content, but not good for commercial oil. Georganic is a test variety that is high in oil, low in input costs and not suitable for commercial use. Georganic, or similar varieties will likely be the future of peanut biodiesel, according to Daniel Geller, a research engineer at the University of Georgia.

Speaking at the recent Southern Peanut Growers Association meeting in Panama City Beach, Fla., Geller says biodiesel from peanut oil is easy to make, but difficult to make right. 'Right,' Geller explains, means making biodiesel that complies with government specifications. Otherwise, government payments of $1.00 per gallon for using biodiesel won't apply.

The dollar per gallon subsidy, Geller contends, is driving the biodiesel industry. Even with soy oil, the price is not competitive with diesel, without the dollar per gallon subsidy.

Biodiesel from peanut oil is compatible with fossil fuel-based biodiesel and can be mixed in any combination. Compared to fossil-based biodiesel, there will likely be a 2 percen to 5 percent reduction in miles per gallon with either soy or peanut oil-based fuel. According to Geller, this is not significant and can likely be overcome by tweaking diesel engines.

In tests in his lab at the University of Georgia, Geller says peanut biodiesel is less toxic to the atmosphere and has a cleaning effect on diesel engines. He says peanut diesel can gel in the engine at temperatures as high as 50 degrees F, but the problem is easily fixed, and not likely to be a limiting factor in commercial use.

"Running peanut biodiesel cleans residue from diesel engines. This can be good and bad, because the particles tend to clog up the filter on an engine. After cleaning the filters a few times, peanut biodiesel actually runs much cleaner than diesel," Geller explains.

Worldwide, the demand for alternative fuels is huge. In the United States the demand is critical. The United States has roughly 6 percent of the world's population, but consumes nearly 25 percent of all the fossil fuel produced worldwide.

The fossil fuel supply is finite and emerging nations, especially China and India have dramatically increased fossil fuel use. Within the past decade, China has surpassed Japan, Russia and Germany to become the world's second largest consumer of petroleum products, though still only using 7 percent of world production. India has gone from virtually no use (on a worldwide scale) to using 2.5 percent of world production.

Perhaps of greatest concern is that nearly 25 percent of the world oil reserves are in Saudi Arabia, with large percentages in Iraq, Iran and other Middle East countries with strained political relationships with the United States.

"There is no silver bullet solution to our fuel crisis, more like silver buckshot," says Phillip Badger, president of General Bioenergy Inc., in Florence, Ala.

Badger contends that biodiesel will be one of the silver buckshot. Biomass and starch and sugar conversions, such as ethanol, will be the primary sources of alternative fuel.

Badger says that anything made from petroleum can be made from biomass. In the United States the goal is to produce 1.3 billion metric tons of biomass by 2030. Cellulose, starch and sugar from biomass can replace one-third of total U.S. oil use by 2030.

Currently, Americans use roughly 120 billion gallons of gas annually. Ethanol plants in the United States currently produce approximately 4.5 billion gallons annually, with 84 percent coming from corn. Ethanol production is predicted to top out at near 12 billion gallons per year in the next five years. If production reaches 15-17 billion gallons per year, corn-based food production will be affected.

Reprinted with permission from Farm Press Publications
Old 02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just finished all of my mowing. It is 71 and a very light and nice breeze blowing today. I am glad to have that out of the way now. That upper lot looks a lot better without all the high weeds.

Ron

Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

71°F is too hot for you Ron. Tell the Mt Shasta hag to send it east, and drop of a little around Detroit for Tru and send the rest to me. Ten day forecast is all lousy. Best day will be 50 °F but raining.

Got to finish paying all the bills that came while I was on vacation. Then I think I'll go back on vacation. This weather sucks. At least I did get a short ride in on Monday.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I just came back inside from pulling a few weeds and looked at my thermometer and it is all the way up top 78 degrees. Boy, is it hot working out in that sun. Good thing we have that nice light breeze blowing.

You know if you go back on vacation the weather will just follow you. Why not go visit Tru and that way the snow will already be there.

Ron

Old 02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Warren,

I just came back inside from pulling a few weeds and looked at my thermometer and it is all the way up top 78 degrees. Boy, is it hot working out in that sun. Good thing we have that nice light breeze blowing.
Ron
I'm sure the Thistle appreciates you getting rid of those pesky weeds.Can't be blocking the sun from your cash crop.

Ron,that must have been you that called at 2:41 pm cst.
I was on my scooter at the time and didn't hear it.Got your email too.

btw Yes,I know you were kidding.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Warren,

You know if you go back on vacation the weather will just follow you. Why not go visit Tru and that way the snow will already be there.

Ron
I bet the local grocery store threw Warren a big Welcome Back Party.
I don't think the local eateries want Warren going on vacation for awhile either.

He has been back since monday night and I bet he hasn't so much as kicked Turtle in the a$$.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Still have to pause as I pass by Fred's posts.

4 to 6 inches on the horizon. Warren, I do not think this will end up at your place, but it is going to dump on mine.

I did my rant about an ebay seller. I will not do it again here.

I think I am going to swap green tea for coffee ( drink a number of cups each day ).
Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Tru
Yep, you were right. That was a RANT. Better than keeping it in.

Congrats on your 6000 post today. Quite a milestone.

It did snow about 1 inch this AM, but the sun and temperature of 40°F melted all of it on the walks and streets. I love self-shoveling snow.

I hate Ron and his 78°F. I hope it hits 118°F tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
I bet the local grocery store threw Warren a big Welcome Back Party.
I went shopping on Tuesday. They were a little short on baggers, so I bagged all of my groceries. When she rung up the last item, I jokingly said "I assume I'll get the self-bagging discount?"

She said "Absolutely" and punched some numbers into the register and it showed DISCOUNT $7.01

I found out they have Senior Citizen Tuesday with a 5% discount for anyone over 65. Hey, for that kind of discount, I'll be 95 or even as old as Ron.

Guess I'll have to get out a walker and go shopping on every Tuesday.

The sad part is that I'm only 3 years away from legally being a senior citizen.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

If they give a discount based on age, maybe I should have you buy my stuff and ship it out here. At my age I would get it free and they would also owe me a good sum of money on top of that. WinKo here does have the self bagging set up, but no senior discounts. To many old retired people around here for them to have that. Even the restaurants, with the exception of one or two don't have a Senior menu and when I was working back in Ohio and around those areas it seemed every one of them had one. But I wasn't old enough then to use them as I had started on my 5th lifetime.

Ron

Old 02-29-2008, 04:36 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
Guess I'll have to get out a walker and go shopping on every Tuesday.

The sad part is that I'm only 3 years away from legally being a senior citizen.
You won't need your walker at SuperCuts.

They give a Senior Discount starting at 60 .
Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Warren,
Did you catch the very special segment on Fox & Friends just a minute ago.
The guest was a guy from Animal Planet.It was titled "It isn't easy being green".
It was all about FROGS ,seeing as how this is "Leap Day".

Fox just keeps getting better an better.