S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

That ticket is kind of on the make money type it seems to me. If they know the sign is difficult to see, don't they have some place there they could move it to? They used to have a place here kind of like that except the sign was by a tree and you couldn't see it until you were even with the tree. I think the speed dropped from 60 to 45 there and by the time any person that didn't know about the sign saw it they were already in the lower speed zone and the ticket was on its way. Finally they wrote some person up that took time to take it to court and the judge went to see the sign and told them to move it and threw the ticket out. Techinally, it was legal as you could see the sign, but just as you went into the lower speed zone.
I also saw on the news about your bad weather. In fact from the map it looked as if a lot of places are getting hit with rain, snow, and ice.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Got up to 62°F today. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rained most of the day. Boooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

It is cold here, but not really that bad. At least not in my area. I think the lake helped block the snow and ice, I didn't get anything in Lavon but a little rain with sleet last night. By this morning nothing was on the roads. It wasn't until I got to the other side of the lake that I started to see snow on the ground, and it was just enough to turn the grass white. The streets and parking lots all melted. It was wet, but above freezing, so no ice. according to the thermometer in the truck it was 36 degrees.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:47 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
I saw the story above and thought maybe Frenchy got out again.

Fred is she freshwater or does she swing both ways?

I wish Frenchy was restrained enough to only go both (2) ways.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Rain, rain, go away ...
I'm afraid that I'm turning into a frog

Time for breakfast. Running late today, but that's OK, because I know the boss real well.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I Haven't returned to work yet. Still very ill.

Snowed again last night. I suppose March can be a good month for snow.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Hope that you get better soon. Our weather has been in the low 70s until today and it is sunny but the wind is blowing very hard. So I have a head ache and my sinuses are acting up. Guess I will have to stay inside most of the day.

Ron

Old 03-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I never received the box full of $20 dollar bills. At least it is a chang from "The checks in the mail" line.

It was hard for me to do that as I didn't have any new $20s. I had to tape two 10s together to make it work.

Edit To Add: If the box of $20s doesn't show up just send me a few dozen of these. American Eagle Gold Coins
One ounce, Our Choice of Dates 1986-2006...$1,063.80

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 03-05-2008 at 08:10 AM..
Old 03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

I think everyone is getting sick right now. hang in there and let the driveway go for a few days.... Or will they give you a ticket?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru
Chicken soup and rest. Get Wolfie to keep you warm.

About 15 minutes after I complained about the rain on the prior page, it stopped and the sun came out. Its now up to 60°F and the streets are 95% dry.

Time for a ride!

Ta ta
Old 03-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Another 70 degree day here but the wind is blowing very hard and my sinuses won't take me being out in it very much. My head feels as if it was going to explode. I wish I could say that was from my brain getting larger and storing more knowledge, but I know the exact opposite is happening in that area.

Ron

Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just returned from a nice ride.

It had to be the coldest 60°F ride I've ever had, but I still drove around for 2 hours.

I'm all fueled up for another month. Time for another vacation.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

Warren, I never received the box full of $20 dollar bills. Ron
Pushy, pushy, pushy ....

I just mailed it this morning, and the mailman was walking with a big limp. I also think his truck broke down. Ooooppps, I think I only put a 39 cent stamp on it.

Don't hold your breath.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My damn cough will not go away. It is driving me nucking futs!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve
Most cough syrups are a waste of time.

My father had a good way to get rid of a cough. He use to warm up about 6 oz of whiskey on the stove (like a hot chocolate) and drink it just before going to bed. Next morning he would be fine.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

God's Wife,

LOOK OUT FOR THE LAST STORY....IT WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF

Author and lecturer, Leo Buscaglia, once talked about a contest he was
asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring
child .

The winner was:

A four-year-old child, whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman, who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy just said, 'Nothing, I just helped him cry.'

Teacher Debbie Moon's first graders were discussing a picture of a family. One little boy in the picture had a different hair color than the other members. One of her students suggested that he was adopted.

A little girl said, 'I know all about adoption, I was adopted.' 'What does it mean to be adopted?', asked another child.

'It means', said the girl, 'that you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy!'
On my way home one day, I stopped to watch a Little League base ball
game that was being played in a park near my home. As I sat down behind the bench on the first-base line, I aske d one of the boys what the score was.
'We're behind 14 to nothing,' he answered with a smile.
'Really,' I said. 'I have to say you don't look very discouraged.' 'Dis couraged?', the boy asked with a puzzled look on his face...
'Why should we be discouraged? We haven't been up to bat yet.'
Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot in life, I stop and think about little Jamie Scott.

Jamie was trying out for a part in the school play. His mother told me that he'd set his heart on being in it, though she feared he would not be chosen.
On the day the parts were awarded, I went with her to collect him after school . Jamie rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and ecitement. 'Guess what, Mom,' he shouted, and then said those words that will remain a lesson to me.....'I've been chosen to clap and cheer.'
An eye witness account from New York City , on a cold day in December,
some years ago: A little boy, about 10-years-old, was standing before
a shoe store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.
A lady approached the young boy and said, 'My, but you're in such deep
thought staring in that window!' 'I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes,'was the boy 's reply

The lady took him by the hand, went into the store, and asked the clerk to get half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her.

She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel.
By this time, the clerk had returned with the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes.

She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him. She patted him on the head and said, 'No doubt, you will be more comfortable now.'
As she turned to go, the astonished kid caught her by the hand, and looking up into her face, with tears in his eyes, asked her

'Are you God's wife?'

Ron

Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

My biker babe showing a little skin.Working on a tan so she'll look her best wearing that thong on the back on my bike when we head out.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

Now that is a contrast between her and your avatar. I think you had better change the avatar to her.

Ron

Old 03-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron
Great post ...

Fred
Barfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Well it looks like Al Gore was right. Effects of Global Warming in Dallas again. 1-3 inches of snow tonight for me, and just north of me 4-6 inches. Starting to sleet now.