S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

Watch out for heard of Turtles attacking you and Frenchy. Warren obviously hasn't read your post yet or he is thinking of some appropriate response.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

The Mayor of Lajitas,Texas - The Honorable Henry Clay III

If you go back and look at the photos of Warren in his Santa Claus costume,y'all will see some similiarities especialy around the chin area.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

I resemble that remark.

Time for a shower, and then some food shopping. The cupboard and fridge are bare...
Old 04-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well our clouds went away and it is turning out to be a great day. I am trying to decide if I want to take the 69 Cobra for a drive and go to the show and shine in the Sears parking lot or work in the yard. The yard definitely needs it the most. But I may just go up there for a few minutes and look at the nice cars.

Ron

Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Go for the ride. Your yard will still be in the same place when you get back.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
I have to agree with Tru. I think someone would have a difficult time hi-jacking this thread. Hopefully the "other thread" will get Jamo's point accross.

I am so busy right now. But that is a good thing. Looking at Quick Books Enterprise Solutions. Whew $3,000.00. I would like to get a copy and see if I like it before spending the moeny, but it does have a 60 day no questions asked return policy. But $3,000 is still a good chunk for a software program!

A little chilly here but it sure is nice.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up We agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
GMW

Ron, chill out. I was just funnin wit ya! If you want to lower your blood pressure, the "ignore feature" really helps!

All the way up to 42°F. Only supposed to get up to 50°F today, but 55 to 60°F on Tues & Wed.

Happy Post #5000 to me! What prize do I win?
Warren,

I see that we agree on yet another issue! This is one of two currently on my list. I'll let you guess who the other one is.......
Old 04-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well the show and shine and driving the 69 Cobra won out over working in the yard. They had some nice cars but man was it hot in that parking lot with the asphalt soaking up the heat. And of course they had the LOUD band that was so loud you couldn't talk 60'away from it. To much traffic to really blow the old girl out but I did manage to get up to 80 once in a quick spurt. Man it is getting a lot of miles on it. Now has 40,949. I took a few pictures but the heat was to much and I was getting a head ache from the band so I left and came home. Only saw one Cobra there and have no idea of whose it was. And a very nice 1969 Shelby GT-500.

Ron

Old 04-14-2008, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Ron, my 03 Mustang has 46,000, I wouldn't call that a lot of miles. Cars are meant to be driven, don't worry about the mileage. I have more respect for a well maintained higher mileage car than a garage queen. Seems to be a waste to not drive the car, you can get a small measure of enjoyment from looking at the cars lines and features, a good measure more by owning the car, but nothing can compare to driving the car.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

You should have seen some of the parking attendants they had. All women and as I drove by to park in the spectators lot they all came running and yelling, "Don't you want to park over here where the show is?" When I said no, I just want to look a few minutes, take a couple of pictures and leave they looked as if they couldn't believe it. But this car is not a show car and they had some great cars there. Mine compared to them like the Beverly Hillbillies Truck would to the Worlds Prettiest Roadster. And I would much rather have the truck.

Ron

Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

See I like the drivers better. When I see 2 of the same car at a show and 1 is perfect and 1 has a few rock chips, paint scrapes, cracks in fiberglass, etc... I like that car much better. Shows that showcase only the "pretty" cars bore me.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

Back when I had my Cobra I took it to a car show down South of Red Bluff just for the fun of it. Some guy was crawling on the ground to look under it and I finally asked him if I could answer any questions. He said no, he was from the Bay Area and wanted to see if I had actually driven the car as he was really fed up with the perfect cars and he could see rock picks on the front and the frame, plus the chrome on the headers and collectors had turned gold so he knew that I drove mine. That made my day more than if I had won 1st instead of 3rd.

Edit To Add: It had been just over 1 month since I have started the Cobra and all I did was mash the gas about three times and it fired off on the first turn over of the engine. I then pulled it out of the garage, shut it off and refilled the tank.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 04-14-2008 at 02:12 PM..
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Let me get this straight, we need an Ignor feature????

Is there any reason why you simply can not just...ignor it???

Dang, I like CC and all, but it feels like the real world and if I want that...I can look at CNN.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

With the Ignore feature you don't even have to see the posts. And if you call CNN The Real World, boy you are in more trouble than I am.

Have you ever heard that a dog "knows" when an earthquake is about to hit?

Have you ever heard that a dog can "sense" when a tornado is stirring up, even twenty miles away?

Do you remember hearing that, before the December tsunami struck Southeast Asia, dogs started running frantically away from the seashore, at breakneck speed?

Do you know that dogs can detect cancer and other serious illnesses and danger of fire?

Somehow they always know when they can 'go for a ride' before you even ask and how do those dogs and cats get home from hundreds of miles away?

I'm a firm believer that animals - and especially dogs - have keen insights into the Truth.

And you can't tell me that dogs can't sense a potentially terrible disaster well in advance.

Simply said, a dog just KNOWS when something isn't right . . when impending doom is upon us . . . and they'll always try to warn us....

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 07-15-2008 at 04:10 AM..
Old 04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is funny Ron. I actually laughed out loud. What a setup.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Ron, glad you caught that CNN slam.

What is going on there that all of the sudden we have these...these...warnings??

Dang

Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is either we have a few that are just asses, or we have many people whose sarcasm meter is broken. Either way, it was brewing pretty heavily over the weekend from what I read.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

What's going on with Warren's & Tru's weather ???

Is Spring actually starting to show up in the frozen tundra ?
Just saw a forecast of the 60's and sunny for y'all tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sunny and 55°F today ... forecast even better for tomorrow.

Happy IRS Day. My CPA just sent in an extension for me. Do it later.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred
If you and BB ever think about relocating up my way, I've got a club for BB. They may admit you as an "unsignificant other."

http://www.newenglandthunder.com/