S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

Glad to see you posting and you sound as if you are feeling well. That is great. Please help Mike with his spelling and grammar.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Condensed World History

For those that don't know about history...... here is a condensed version.

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were:
1. The invention of beer, and
2. The invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer.

These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:
1. Liberals
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to barbeque at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly barbeques and doing the sewing, fetching, and hairdressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlie-men.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history....... It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to piss them off....

Ron

Old 04-19-2008, 05:22 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

OMG!! Ron..... just read your note.......
just to clarify, not preggo, not with child, not in the way, not knocked up, not expecting.
ugh ugh ugh!
Mike and I were just playing around with a post from last week. I'm thinking he will ALSO be OFF my CHRISTMAS card list for next year, too!!

ya'll have a good day. I'm washing windows for that big 'graduation tea' I'm having tomorrow.
K
Old 04-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gee, Kristen,

If you keep kicking us all off your Christmas Card list you will save a ton of money. I kind of figured it must be an inside thing with you and and Mike and that is why I sent the PM. Wonder how many more will jump to the same thought that I did.

Ron

Old 04-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well i'm sure trularin will. He misses a lot of posts and then wonders 'what happened????'

cya!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Good Morning World. Another week gone bye-bye, but 3 rides ... woo hoo

Maybe even a ride this afternoon.

Glad to hear from the darling Miss K. She brightens up this sometimes gloomy thread. Hope all the kids (4 wheeled and two legged) are doing OK.

Ron - great history lesson. I copied it and sent it to some friends.

I do not see why people complain about my new avatar. It's Popeye's mother! Just because she's in a field of giant cigarette butts ...

Time for some breakfast. Omelet maybe? French toast? How about French toast with a side order of an omelet?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Sorry lil Stevie that I'm late but the mean spirits shut down the site today for a long time. Hopefully you fell asleep, but in case you are still awake, here is a story .....

Once upon at time, people recognized that you did not need to be married to have kids. Oh the horror for all the children. Are you asleep yet?

Old 04-20-2008, 04:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Dateline: Sunday April 20, 2008

Good morning. I am now officially awake and it is cold here with a 25 MPH cold wind blowing.

Edit To Add: No Discrimination Allowed On This site!!!

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 07-15-2008 at 04:10 AM..
Old 04-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Grass has been cut, just finished lunch ... time to trim the TREE and maybe go for a ride.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talk about a tree house. Unless that is a doctored picture it must be a job to clean inside.

Ron

Old 04-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cool treehouse.
I am going camping with the 5th grade today. wish me luck!
hiking.... canoeing..... ROCK CLIMBING (don't think so)
be back WEDNESDAY!!

K
Old 04-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I see Warren is getting into nature again.

HLC, I sure am glad you cleared that up, I was about to call Dave and have a little talk.

It was a great weekend, drove around for three hours on Friday, went shopping on Saturday and cut wood on Sunday. Ate well and slept well, I am not sure I could not have a finer weekend...given what I had to get done.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

Have a great time with the kids and camping. Nothing better than getting out and living in a tent for a time in the wilds.

Tru,

Sounds as if you finally had a nice weekend. Nice that you got to get out and drive around for a while. Wish I could have. It wasn't really cold here but we had wind all weekend and it was a little cool. I did get the lawns mowed and that was about it.

Ron

Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Best was I got the door hung on the last outbuilding.

HLC, isn't hot there?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

That is good. I see our forecast is for rain tomorrow and Wednesday. Great. I have to take the dogs into the vets in the morning and leave them overnight, so I didn't want it to be raining.

Ron

Old 04-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ahhhhhhhhhhh

59°F today, but 65°F tomorrow and 75°F on Wednesday. Guess I'll have to go rob a bank so I can buy some gas!
Old 04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

If you rob the wrong bank, they may not have as much money as you already have. I saw in the headlines this morning where BOA had lost a huge amount on bad loans.

Ron

Old 04-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I use the Bank of Mattress.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just wait until Biker Babe gets there. Then your mattress will be flat.

Ron

Old 04-22-2008, 02:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good morning all. Well today starts my miserable week. I have to take the dogs in to the vets and leave them for their haircuts and baths today and then I will board them overnight as they have to be put to sleep tomorrow for the x-rays. Then when I bring them home they will drag around for a day or so from the anesthesia. Then Thursday evening I have to go to the 4 hour safety & qualifying class. I wish they would have it during the day but they don't want to tie up the range. Good part about it is I only live a 5 minute drive from there.

Ron