S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Ron
Sorry to hear about the eye trouble. I pay about $8K a year for my health insurance. I wonder if it covers cataracts? Maybe I could adopt you.

Tru
33°F It got down to 48°F here last night, but it was 65°F this morning when I went out, and low 70's all afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky. After 5 hours of weeding and planting and other work (oh, there's that 4 letter word again) around the house, I had to go for a "short" 2 hour ride. Just got back. What a glorious day. I could take about 300 days of today's weather a year!
Old 05-28-2008, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
That sucks. I know our health insurance was stupid expensive and we have not had health insurance for over ten years. With the cost of the premiums and the $5,000 per person per year deductible we were better of paying for our own health care.

I guess if a catastrophe happens we will be screwed. But as I see it so would some 65 million or so other Americans. Of course the illegal bastards get free health care. It makes me want to shoot our stupid fecking politicians!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:10 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Ron,very sorry to read about your eyes.That sucks on the tapered end of a turd.

Can medicare and the VA help ??
Old 05-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Fred & All,

The eyes will take care of themselves. I talked to my doctor again yesterday evening and he said that with the rate the cataracts had grown over the past years it would be at least 8 years before they would require surgery and more than likely 10/15 years. So that ends any worry about that as I won't be around then. But it sure took a load off my mind when he said that as I was trying to figure out what I had left to sell to raise money. I even offered my body to medical study and the donor section called and offered to pay me to keep it.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-29-2008, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Your a nut Ron.

Well the AC guy came out last night. I found out that my system holds 12lbs of freon. No leaks were found. He spent about an hour checking for all kinds of problems and after he vacuumed the system, the temperature inside the house plummeted. He set it at 72 when he started to see how it reacted and by the time he was done it was almost down there.

At first when he couldn't find a leak and when I told him it used to get colder, he seemed perplexed. He got out his temperature gun and started measuring temps in various locations. He said more than once, "OK that should be a lot colder than that". After opening the AC system and replacing the condenser and refilling the system he did put that vacuum on and it seemed to do the trick. The heat from the day was going away at that point, but it got cold really fast inside.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

New condenser...wow, that would do it. Hope this fixes the problem.

34 last night guys. Frost is killing plants faster than they can be put in the ground.

The wings had to give Pit that one. We will do better the next game.

No rain for so long, I am watering by hose and wagon. Dang, we need rain and warmth.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

That is great that he got it fixed before the really hot weather hits and stays. Now you can sit inside and be cool and relaxed.

Ron

Old 05-29-2008, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yea, I am glad I only had to endure 2 days of 100* heat. The thunderstorms on Tues really broke the heat, but it is supposed to be in the mid to upper 90s for a while now.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I even offered my body to medical study and the donor section called and offered to pay me to keep it.
Ron
Hahahaha.
Glad to see that the surgery is NOT an immediate requirement. Last time at the eye doctor I complained about a small area in my field of vision. He said that was a "floater". I asked him what could be done, and he said "Stop getting older."

Tru - sorry about the Redwings. Did your popcorn fail to pop?

Go Celtics. What a disgrace the last few seconds of the Lakers game.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What do you mean a disgrace in the Lakers game? They will win the championship. Boston will have played half a season by the time they get there if they do get there. Detroit should have won that game last night. They just panicked and fell apart.

Ron

Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
What do you mean a disgrace in the Lakers game? Ron
The Lakers bought off the refs. It was a good game, but last nights Celtics - Pistons was a great game. The Celtics won the second and 3rd period, and the Pistons won the first and fourth period.

I was even tempted to watch the replay at 2 AM, but I fell asleep about 1 AM after solving an Excel problem for Steve Parks. I cannot wait until Steve pays his bill so I can get a new Kirkham.

Drove by a new Mexican restaurant about 3 miles from my house yesterday in the Cobra. In the window was a big sign ...

100% OFF on Burritos
Thats Means its Free
June 5th 11AM to 8PM

I've got it marked down in my calender. Will have to get a couple for lunch to see if they are good before I go there for supper.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just changed my avatar from Fred doing a bike handstand to a pic my brother-in-law took while he was feeding a fish in his back-yard lake.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is so small I can not tell what is going on Warren. Is the fish eating a worm or bait of something?

It warmed up a bit...in the 50s. I can probably leave my jacket in the car.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

According to a lot of first hand accounts from our resident expert on OLD,Ron,Old Pharts require a steady supply of cold air in the summer.
So I'm glad it all worked out the way it should for you.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

A steady supply of cool air in the Summer is a must for old people. Joe is young enough to get by with a hand held fan.

Ron

Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yea but I still get real grouchy.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

This should cheer you up on those hot days.

DOG FOR SALE !!!! Even if you don't own a dog at present, you'll appreciate the efforts of this owner to sell her dog. Read the sales pitch!!!

Dog For Sale
Free to good home.

Excellent guard dog.

Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew him as, "Holy ****."

Ron

Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dang those puppies have grown. Ron, why are you selling the dogs?

Old 05-29-2008, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Those English Bull Mastifs get to be real big. I had a client once that had maybe ten of them on his farm. When those things would shi%, I'll swear you needed a front end loader to clean it up. Holy Smoke! But he was burglar free for sure.

They are very playfull animals and one jumped up and put his front feet on my shoulder. Yea , right I went to the ground like a frigging brick. I could not get up, and he was just playing. You do not want one of these dogs pissed off.

I have a picture one and a horse is in the same picture. The dog is almost as big as the horse.

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 05-29-2008 at 06:53 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The door handle has been fixed on the farm truck.

I am thinking I going to be fixing things until I die.

Got to work again tonight.