S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 07-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Earl
You too could be driving your Cobra every day. All it takes is retirement. I started investing at 25 and retired at 54.5 yrs young.

Did so many burnouts today in the parade today that the white GOODYEAR letters turned brown.

Just waiting for the fireworks in Boston. I live about 6 miles away as the bird flies.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Who the heck signed up that a$$ Dr Phil for the Boston Pops/Fireworks? He is really a flying dink. A ride in my Cobra is better that 100 sessions with that turd!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Warren, you are giving Ron a run for his money on Posts per day....and you drive.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey, I drive too. Just not the replica now that it is so hot and humid. You try driving that thing 50 miles in 118 degree heat with high humidity.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru

... and you could be driving your Cobra every day too, if you did not spend 40 hours a week cutting the grass and moving rocks ....

Heck, I do not even cut my grass, and the lot size is 50 by 100 feet!!!!!

Still getting over the parade. Must have used up at least 2K miles on the rear tires. All of the people loved the burnouts.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron
118 ºF is off my scale. My glasses would probably melt. Thank God my everyday driver has AC and a remote starter (gets it cool b/4 I go out to the car), or I'd have to get my groceries delivered. Of course, I could use the trunk as a frying pan, and cook some nice Cobra eggs.

Time out to watch the X-Files. I'm hooked
Old 07-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Ron
I was thinking about your local weather while on a ride this evening thru the Blue Hills (hills, cuz we don't have mountains).

About 9 PM I had to stop and get a jacket out of the trunk. It was getting cold Must have been about 65 ºF. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yesterday was burnouts ... today was 6K RPM's in second and third thru the road in the Blue Hills. Life is good.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Warren,ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt....

Just sitting here recouping from more surgery today...had rt hand carpal tunnel done, lft comes in 3 to 4 wks......no obra work for a few weeks....yuck.....I'll never get on the road this year at this rate

durn, its hard typing with the left hand....................

Old 07-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earl
Sorry to hear about the surgery. Two of my sisters may have the surgery in the future. Darn computers ... too much typing.

Get well so you can get that beast on the road.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Earl,

Take care and get well fast. That surgery is getting to be one of the most common around here. Thank goodness I just type with two fingers and am working on making my keyboard voice activated.

Warren,

Your weather sounds great. Wish we had that kind of weather here now. It has dropped down to around 100 but the humidity is still really bad as we get these low clouds moving in almost every afternoon. I worked in the driveway yesterday for about 30 minutes and it was all I could do to get up and basck inside to then air conditioner. Talk about being soaked.

Ron

Old 07-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

A Question and Answer session with Dr. Wonderful:

HEALTH QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

_____

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

_____

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

_____

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

_____

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain... Good!

_____

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING !!! ... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

_____

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

_____

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

_____

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

_____

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

_____

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Ron

Old 07-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I recommend either the seafood or the light diet.

When I seafood, I eat it.
I start eating when it gets light outside.

Lost 105 pounds over 1.5 years on a diet. Kept it off for another year. Put 45 pounds back on since I quit smoking 6 months ago.

Maybe I'll try your diet plan Ron. Chardonnay and chocolate. What could be finer! Gotta try something before my behind does not fit in the driver's seat. My bucket is getting to big for my britches.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I had to have some way to justify all the junk food that I eat. And when I went to the doctor Monday I had actually lost 4 pounds. I think most of that came from fright when I saw his bill.

Ron

Old 07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Boy, was it was so hot ...

Had a small rain shower this morning but it stopped by 10 AM. It was quite cloudy so I went outside and did some gardening.

But then the sun came out .....

and did it get HOT

It must have been at least 75 ºF

So I went for a ride to cool off. Back home in a couple of hours and some more gardening and then another ride for an hour to cool off. Heck, it may have reached 80 ºF.

Oh ... I managed to clean the tires. Too many burnouts .... yea right ... grinnin from ear to ear.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Warren,

How do you live in that awful 80 degree weather. We would be wearing long sleeve shirts and jackets if it got down to that here. I want to take the car out but it is just to hot and the humidity is really bad for my nerves. Next week some time I plan to take the 69 Cobra down to see if we can find where the oil drip is coming from. I have never had an FE engine that didn't drip oil and I would just once before I die like to find where it is coming from. Darned wind blows it all over under the car and it drops from several places. Not a lot, but a few drops a day.

Ron

Old 07-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Yeah, I can see that...yeah.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Ron - I cannot remember any car I've owned that did NOT leak some fluid. My SBF in the Cobra leaks about 1 drop every other day.

So I did a search about fixing engine leaks, and I found out that ...

Time to go to a cruise night. Its 78 ºF so I may have to take a jacket ...

Last edited by wtm442; 03-10-2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old 07-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Just got back from a cruise night with about 300 cars .... temp only 71 ºF. Brrrrrrrrrr.

What a nice night for a ride. Its now 9 PM. Guess I'll get a bite to eat and then go back out for a midnight run to nowhere. Life is goood when the Mt Shasta goddess is frying the a$$ off people in Kalifornicatia.

Life is great

Then I have to go to my last 4th July BBQ tomorrow. Forecast is for sunny skies with high temp of 79 ºF. Oh the trials and tribulations of using the Cobra too much. Its no longer NEW. It just passed 10K on the odometer tonight

A guy in a brand new Mercedes conv rolled up to me at a stop light and said "Do you want to sell it?" I said "Sure, its just XXXX dollars, or trade heads up for the Mercedes!" The XXX was 10K more than I paid 2 years ago. He declined, so I guess I'm stuck with a USED Cobra.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442
Just got back from a cruise night with about 300 cars .... temp only 71 ºF. Brrrrrrrrrr.
Enjoy it now Because in December it will still be 75 and Sunny here where will your Cobra be, when on New years eve and I'm still BBQing ( is BBQing a word?) on the beach LOL

Last edited by Ibr8k4vetts; 07-07-2006 at 08:40 PM..
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

ya, ya, ya .....

When its snowing here, you will have either intense heat, fires with high winds or earthquakes.

Massachusetts .... home of the free, and gay weddings

Just got back from a 10 PM ride. Its 68 ºF outside. Gettin cold ....