S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
Warren,
Are you waiting or are you starting to sniff around the stock market yet ?
Just crying so far this month. Thankfully I have a large percent in bond funds so my losses are not as bad as the DJA drop last month.

I try not to sniff around anything. I do not have any individual stocks, just mutual funds and bond funds. Boring investing, but I got sick of trading individual company stocks about 20 years ago.

Sun is out, streets are now dry and temp has fallen to 72°F. Think I'll go for a ride. I also need to clean it before the 4th of July parade on Friday. This year will be the 99th year of the parade.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
Just crying so far this month. Thankfully I have a large percent in bond funds so my losses are not as bad as the DJA drop last month.

I try not to sniff around anything. :LOL: I do not have any individual stocks, just mutual funds and bond funds. Boring investing, but I got sick of trading individual company stocks about 20 years ago.

Sun is out, streets are now dry and temp has fallen to 72°F. Think I'll go for a ride. I also need to clean it before the 4th of July parade on Friday. This year will be the 99th year of the parade.
I'm starting to get interested in stocks.Liable to be a few more big sell offs first though.

As far as you not the sniffing around,BB has a different story from last Spring.

99 years,wow. What did you ride back then ? Looks like they would let you be one of the Officials sitting on the Grand Stand by now.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Here we go again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogIVx1uUPZU
the fire started about 5:45pm last night.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Well, it seems as Mike has started his local fires. I guess he was tired of Ron getting all the smoke up north. Have either of you had a year when you did not have any local fires?

Fred - way back when, I had to borrow Ron's vehicle for the parade. Great mileage, but it did not corner worth a damn.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
And things get worse for up here. Two more businesses have closed, all 4th of July stuff has been cancelled, smoke is still very thick and will be that way for some time. Traffic is very light on the freeway and many restaurants and motels are complaining about not getting hardly any tourist trade. But who wants to spend that much for gas and come sit in thick smoke and wish they had stayed home. I only know of one person here who has gone on vacation and he went to his condo in Canada for 3 months.
But the MARs bomber is really helping and they are starting to gain on getting a containment line around some of the fires. Now their fear is the fire will jump the lines.

Edit: Mike I hope they can get that fire contained quickly. I feel as if we are living in an oven.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 07-03-2008 at 01:29 AM..
Old 07-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GMW
Talking with a friend last night. He lives about 8 miles away and they had one inch diameter hail yesterday! Guess my grape sized hail was not that big. But 1 inch hail sounds like it would do some serious damage to any car outside.

Its nice out now, but temps supposed to go well into the 90's with a lot of humidity with more thunderstorms this afternoon. And it is supposed to rain tomorrow morning during the parade.

Hopefully the fires around Mike have been contained. But it looks like Ron needs to pray to the Mt Shasta goddess. She really is a hag. She dumped quite a bit of snow on Tru last winter, but north central CA could really use the rain now.

I assembled my pressure washer yesterday and tried it on some plastic shelving that was covered in used synthetic oil (don't ask). Worked great.

OK, time for some breakfast. Omelet? French toast? Cereal? Sausage and scrambled eggs? Decisions, decisions.

Hey Ron - how did it go at the dentist yesterday, Usually you bi*ch and moan before AND after every appointment.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I just had a cleaning and I was so tired from all of the smoke and lack of sleep that I fell asleep while Tressa was doing the work. Normally I stay awake as she is a very nice looking young woman. And no, I don't mean by my age system. In that, anyone less than 10K years old would be young.

Glad the pressure washer worked well. What are you going to use it for mainly?

Ron

Old 07-03-2008, 05:12 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Warren,
That's how we in Texas get FREE new roofs.It isn't very often anyone pays for a new roof after their first one on a new house.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Fred,

Those are some good sized hail stones. I bet they don't help a car any either.

I am attaching a picture of the MARs Bomber dumping it's load over here by the dam. Also here are some of the statistics on it. They left out that it has to fly at 100 MPH+ when scooping water out of the lake. When if flies over the house everything shakes like in a small earthquake.

The giant Martin Mars water bomber drops a mixture of gel and water that it scooped out of Lake Shasta onto the Motion Fire Tuesday evening. It carries a load of 60,000 pounds (7,200 gallons) of water that is mixed with a gel or foam to make it more effective. Its wingspan is 200 feet. Its four Wright Cyclone engines have 2,500 horsepower each. On Monday afternoon, it made five trips in five and a half hours.

Mike,

I was just reading thew latest update on the fire in the Santa Ynez area and also that they have now ordered evacuation of Big Sur. Nothing is sounding really good right now.

Last edited by Ron61; 08-05-2008 at 02:19 AM..
Old 07-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

That's hail??

Dang, I thought the Frogs had laid eggs.

Warren, you probably should not tell people you have been parading for 99 years, people will think you are as old as Ron.

Ron, are any of the fires threatening to the point you will be asked to vacate????

Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

Not yet and things are better here right now. They stopped the fire on the other side of the river and if it doesn't jump the canyon, I will be ok. I believe they have the largest one about 35% contained if it doesn't jump the line again. A small town East of me may be in trouble if they can't get the fire turned. That big bomber has helped a lot as it has freed up the smaller planes and helicopters to start working on some of the smaller fires and around the small towns.

Ron

Old 07-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron - I'll be using the power washer for cleaning. I may also try it on the daily driver (ie - toilet). Cleaning the vinyl siding, plastic flower trays (I have about 10 around the yard), unpainted wooden back steps, unpainted lattice under back porch, neighbor's white vinyl fence, etc.

That Mars water bomber looks like the Spruce Goose.

Fred - I'd hate to be caught outside with that size hailstones (hail-boulders?)

Tru - I'll never be older than Ron. He is one dog year older than I am.

It was a tough decision on breakfast so I had one piece of French toast, an Egg Beater omelet with fat-free cheese, 1/2 of a chicken sausage with coffee, apple juice and a banana. Ummmmmmmmmmmm good!

Temperature already at 80°F at 10AM. Time to turn off the window fans and turn on the AC. I think today will be an inside vegetative day.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
That's hail??

Dang, I thought the Frogs had laid eggs.

Warren, you probably should not tell people you have been parading for 99 years, people will think you are as old as Ron.

Ron, are any of the fires threatening to the point you will be asked to vacate????

The scary part is that sized hail is not a surprise. We had Baseball sized hail just north of the Metroplex a couple of weeks ago.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just changed my avatar.

Happy 4th of July everyone, especially anyone in the military, past or present.

I salute you!
Old 07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Happy 4th !!

Old 07-03-2008, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     
Default breakfast of champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
Ron - I'll be using the power washer for cleaning. I may also try it on the daily driver (ie - toilet). Cleaning the vinyl siding, plastic flower trays (I have about 10 around the yard), unpainted wooden back steps, unpainted lattice under back porch, neighbor's white vinyl fence, etc.

That Mars water bomber looks like the Spruce Goose.

Fred - I'd hate to be caught outside with that size hailstones (hail-boulders?)

Tru - I'll never be older than Ron. He is one dog year older than I am.

It was a tough decision on breakfast so I had one piece of French toast, an Egg Beater omelet with fat-free cheese, 1/2 of a chicken sausage with coffee, apple juice and a banana. Ummmmmmmmmmmm good!

Temperature already at 80°F at 10AM. Time to turn off the window fans and turn on the AC. I think today will be an inside vegetative day.
good god, thats more than i eat all day. seriously....
Old 07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
good god, thats more than i eat all day. seriously....
Too bad .... I really enjoyed it. Plus the total calories, including some real maple syrup, was only 6 grams of fat, 31 grams of protein and a total of 660 calories. I made it myself using good ingredients. Of course, I could have gone to McDonald's and had one sausage cheese and egg McMuffin that has 550 calories and about 30 grams of fat. No thanks.

If you can survive on 660 calories or less a day, you must weigh 75 pounds.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm impressed you can get all of that and only 660 calories.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

the way it sounded the breakfast was a 2000 cal meal.
morning= 2 8oz cups coffee
lunch = maybe if no then
3-4pm = sandwich or salad not both
10 11pm= scrambled chicken ovaries 2-3
2am= snooze

weight 150lbs 5'7"
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2008, 05:53 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren,
While doing a little research for the MUSIC Thread,I ran across a song I know you will rush out an get....

Five Little Speckled Frogs - Tweenies