S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Tough it out Ron. Tell the dentist you do not want any Novocaine. Instead, just bite on a bullet, but make sure it is pointed at the dentist rather than your throat.

Put a frozen chicken pot pie in the oven last night. The instructions said heat for 75 to 90 minutes. Went for a nice 90 minute ride. Great way to wait for dinner.

Looks like Ike is headed for Houston. Batten down the hatches everyone that is in harms way.

OMG - Tom Brady is injured. Hope he is not out for the season. It might be a little hard going undefeated with a back-up QB.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

To bad about Brady. I just read the sports section and it says he will be out for the season. Really a bad way for any sports person to have a start to their season. But who knows, sometime the back ups come through in great ways.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-08-2008, 06:02 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
Tough it out Ron. Tell the dentist you do not want any Novocaine. Instead, just bite on a bullet, but make sure it is pointed at the dentist rather than your throat.

I think Ball Peen Hammers do a better job than novocaine.
While your knocked out just have him pull your other two teeth and be done with it.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Fred,

Now I can really look forward to gong down there later on. With no teeth and no hair, can I qualify for some kind of Govt. allowance or support?

Ron

Old 09-08-2008, 06:24 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

Thanks Fred,

Now I can really look forward to gong down there later on. With no teeth and no hair, can I qualify for some kind of Govt. allowance or support? Ron
NOPE
The time frame for applying has passed.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

GMW

It looks like Ike is headed to Houston. We have a good number of CC members in the Houston area. It doesn't look good right now.

Tru,
Contact NASA.
I heard this weekend they were having difficluty finding the people they needed to do certain things.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

What openings are there at NASA??

Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,
I have no idea, I just heard they were looking for talent right now. It made me think of you.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
What openings are there at NASA??
Space-Shot. You'd fit right in. Somebody told me you were an astronaut because you took up space. Sorry, but you asked!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I see you are in rare form today.

Good to know retirement has that effect on you.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Back from the dentist and it is so smoky I have coughed and sneezed all morning. We have two more fires going that started late yesterday evening. One a few miles North of me and the other about 17 miles South. And the lakes are really drying up fast. I believe the paper said Shasta was the lowest it has been since 1972 and it is dropping fast and they figure it will possibly hit an all time low. Folsom lake is very low and fish are dying all around the edges of the water. Forget about fuel and gas. We are fast running out of water here. And the forecast is for another dry Winter. Not good.

Ron

Old 09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

Thanks Fred,

Now I can really look forward to gong down there later on. With no teeth and no hair, can I qualify for some kind of Govt. allowance or support?

Ron
You have already put too many years in working to qualify for any gov'ment program. They are only for the deserving people who have never worked. You have proven that you can and did, so therefore you do not "NEED" the help.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

As I sit here listening to the Borate Bombers fly over going to and from the fires, I really think that my work should be ignored so far as disqualifying me from Govt. help and support. Besides, I doubt if they have records going back far enough to cover some of my working years.

Ron

Old 09-08-2008, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
If they have been taking water out of the lakes to fight the fires I'll bet they are real low.

Next time you go up to Lake Shasta, take some pictures of the tower crane rigging that you had from last year and let's compare how far down it is from last year.

You would think that with all the heat you are having the snow pack would be melted more than it has, higher up the mountain. From the looks of it you could use some rain real bad up there. I have a feeling that with Ike the hurricane coming towards Houston we will have all we can say grace over.

I hope our CC buddies in Houston are taking this seriously. It looks like it will be a bad one.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Steve,

Most of the snow pack that we get our run off from has long since melted. It never did get very deep last Winter. In fact this year they had the road through Lassen Park open in late May or Early June and on a normal year it takes them until late July to remove the snow. I believe they said all they used was the small plows and it took about two weeks to clear the road as the snow was so thin.

I will try to get back over to the dam in a day or so. I have to see if my pass has expired or not anyway. But if the lake keeps going down and they keep wanting more and more water down South, I don't know where they are going to get it from. Same for power as they have already had to shut down one generator because the water is low and all of them running was making the river below the dam to warm for the fishes.

Ron

Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,
Looks like a real frog strangler heading our way from the southwest.I bet you get it before 6 pm.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We just got a little shower that lasted about three or four minutes. It did not even wet all the street.

We sure need some rain around here though. I have a feelingg in a week we will have all we want.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have y'all given any thought to changing your ways and livin' right over there ?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

While youse guys worry about hurricanes, I go for rides. Great evening today, with temp about 70°F at sunset.

Ron - the stuff in the foreground is called a puddle. It is standing water that occurs during (and after) rainfall.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Nice picture and thanks for explaining the puddle. We have them too, except ours are filled with about 2" of fine dust. It would take at least 4" of good rain just to get the dust wet down to the ground around here. And the more fires we have the worst it is getting. Water has now became as important as gas here in this area as we are just flat starting to run out. I have seen it bad here before, but with all the increased demand from Southern Calif., for more and more when there isn't any, it is going down hill fast and the first lawsuits are already being filed.

Ron