S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
Are these recent trees that were transplanted or ones that have been established in their soil for a few years?
Probably the couple he just planted a month ago in the heavy clay soil.

Quote:
Well, I think Warren should be getting wet. Warren great timing and I like that front plate. Is that on the cobra?
No, the wetness was yesterday. I was going out in my daily driver about 1PM, and when I got about 200 feet from my house, it started to pour. I mean a biblical flood for about a minute with high winds and lots of leaves and small branches being blown around. I just stopped the car. Could not see anything. Just a couple of thunderclaps, and the storm burst subsided. Then it just sprinkled on and off for 3 hours.

No rain expected for the next 3 days. Was cold last night - got into the 40's in some rural areas around me. Its only 61°F now, but sunny. Temp supposed to get up to 70-72°F range with sunny skies for next 3 days. Love fall weather.

The plate is on my Mercury. I have a really old plate that only one was required when I got it about 20 years ago. I bought a front license plate holder for the front of my Cobra after I got a ticket in June/July for no front plate (new plate only 4 years old - have two). I'll probably put it on this winter ... I have to cut the two bumper tubes to position the plate in the proper position.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,
No Ho sisters. I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Ron,
Yes, I saw that article. I have been watching it. I think the storm will be bad but not really for us in the DFW area. Sure we will get some of the winds and they are expecting a lot of rain here but not at hurricane wind speeds. I am just concerned that the 2.5 million people in Houston will be in serious trouble.

The shelters here are short on everything right now from Gustav evacuees. They do not have much of anything left to help people. They are saying they need 1,500 volunteers for this weekend and early next week. They do not have the food supply to feed that many people for a week.

I think if they all come to the DFW area it will be very rough here for a week or so for a lot of people.

Joe,
These are the new trees, right? if so make sure they are tri-tied. Meaning three ties. Also make sure the stakes are in the ground deep not just the four inch wire stakes. Those things are worthless.

We are getting everything ready for high wind and some rain but I think for the most part we are far enough inland to miss the worst of it.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Truthfully, what I am worried about here is the backdraft of tornadoes.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yea, that was for post count.

Warren is getting too far ahead of me.

Like it matters, right
Old 09-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Steve,

I hope the worst of the storm misses you, but with all the rain and wind they have had in other places along the coast already, I would be a little concerned about just what this one may do. I have been watching the news and they can't seem to decide exactly where the main part is going to hit. To bad it isn't ran by our politicians. The wind and rain would evaporate while they argued about which party's area should be hit.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I feel like the worst will certainly miss us. At least for the hurricane itself.

Bat as you know the hurricane always turns up a few tornadoes in its wake and this place is famous for tornadoes.

I feel certain we will be OK here in DFW. However we have many, many friends in the Houston, Austin, Corpus Cristy areas that will be a lot closer than we are.

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 09-10-2008 at 10:29 AM..
Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
I feel like the worste will certainly miss us. At least for the hurricane itself.

Bat as you know the hurricane always truns up a few tornadoes in its wake and this place is famous for torndoes.

I feel certain we will be OK here in DFW. However we have many, many frieds in the Houston, Austin, Corpus Cristy areas that will be a lot closer than we are.
I've already got my bet in for landfall between Victoria and Galveston.

Steve,I think you set a new personel record for the percentage of missed spelled words in a single post.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

LOL.
I was in the dark on the laptop at the time.

I'll fix it now I can see.

HMM, only four words per Google spellcheck.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

worste Bat torndoes frieds Cristy

Good thing there were only 5 sentences.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Joe, do you get trees uprooted?

We usually get that if the surface water is higher than normal allowing the tree to spread it's root out instead of down.

Are these recent trees that were transplanted or ones that have been extablished in their soil for a few years?
I was talking about the ones I just planted last month. I noticed this morning that 1 of the tie down lines is loose, so I need to check them all before the storm hits.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Steve,
They are tri-tied, but not exactly symmetrical. I used a Tree Stake kit that came with 8" plastic stakes, cut pieces of garden hose, and nylon rope. I thought about getting a couple more stakes and putting a 4th stake on each one, but I don't know yet.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,
You should be fine with what you have. If it gets any more windy than that. The trees will be the last of our worries.

Whew,
They need to condense all that political BS to one thread. I can not remember the last time there was so much bickering on the site. You would think it was Evan, bittching about the real or replica mess.

Hand me some popcorn.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:19 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ike is going to be pretty amazing if it does what they figure.

Austin,122 miles from the coast,will see Ike as a Cat 2 !
Then it arcs up to us in North Texas.

Joe,you may need to transplanet those trees into large buckets of cement.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Steve - keep up the post count. I cannot post while I'm out driving my Cobra. (That was mean, Warren. I know, I'll try to be better)

Anyone living between Corpus Christi and Galveston should go for a road trip. Just pull out of the driveway and head northwest. When the trip odometer reads 400 miles, look for a vacancy sign.

Steve - your right about the political bickering. I just like to read the outrageous comments from some of the guys. At least it only comes every 4 years. You know I would never voice a political opinion on this web site.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Y'all sure nailed it,it has gotten real old in a hurry.

What a general waste of time,like someone is really going to switch sides over something someone on here writes.

As serious as I can take some of it,I find it best to leave it alone .I can easily get worked up and end up saying things I will end up regretting.
So,with y'all,unless I know we pretty much agree I won't pursue talk on politics.
Like y'all too much to risk damaging friendships.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yea, It seems the lounge is just full of nonsense right now.

Your right Warren, glad it only comes once every four years.

I do agree there should be talk about this election but damn, at least try to makes some sort of sense as opposed to just gripping for the sake of gripping. How about something constructive every once and awhile.

We all know this thread has no BS at all on it
Old 09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

BTW Warren ,
That was cruel, but I forgive you this time

Like you care ...right?
Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
(That was mean, Warren. I know, I'll try to be better)

Not a good sign when you start answering yourself.

btw - how is Turtle coming along ?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
BTW Warren ,
That was cruel, but I forgive you this time
Like you care ...right?
What? Me worry? Do I have to read you another bedtime story ... Maybe the one about the 3 bears and the Cobra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
Not a good sign when you start answering yourself.
btw - how is Turtle coming along ?
Spent about an hour yesterday with the palm sander and a bunch of 50 grit. The varnish that was on Turtle would almost melt as I was sanding it and it gummed up the paper real fast. But the majority is sanded. Now I'm waiting for the detail sander I ordered to be delivered, so I can sand all of the decorative "cuts" that are all over his body.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I hope Turtle comes through his remake in fine shape. The Ho sisters are already getting excited about seeing him all fresh and nice on their next visit to YOU.

Have to agree about the politics. I read the posts every day but refrain from posting as nothing that is said on here is going to have any effect on the election and can only cause bad feelings. Everyone has their right to an opinion, but all are never going to agree.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery