S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

We did 10 quarts.

We are doing sauerkraut during the week. We will probably add jalapenos why we are at it. We are running out of garden and ambition to can.

I am happy to say I am a ridge cap away from finishing up my last barn. I still need to move a bunch of stuff around, but there is an end in sight.

Got to get ready for hunting season.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:52 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
We did 10 quarts.
We are doing sauerkraut during the week. We will probably add jalapenos why we are at it. We are running out of garden and ambition to can.
I am happy to say I am a ridge cap away from finishing up my last barn. I still need to move a bunch of stuff around, but there is an end in sight.
Got to get ready for hunting season.
Do you have enough time for a 40 hr/week job?

Jalapeņos in sauerkraut? What are you, a Mexicanized German? Sauerkraut is for Reuben sandwiches, nothing else.

Nice ride yesterday. It was 75°F when I started and 63°F when I put her back in the garage. Got some nice pics and will post later.

OMG, the Pats got squished by the Fish! The big Tuna must have a mile wide smile.

Fred - your memory is bad. Squash and okra was banned from this thread a few pages back. So no more postings about butternut squash or any other kind of squash. Even though I bought some squash yesterday, we should not be mentioning squash. I might have some squash tonight. But I'll probably cook the squash tomorrow.

GMW
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is soooooooo not funny
Old 09-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Fred and I find it hilariously funny. Even the Humpin' Ho Sisters are laughing.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:57 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     
Default Lizard Spit

It's no longer just for diabetes.

Turns out that they put lizard spit in Byetta.Spit from the Gila Monster.

They now know that this spit is good for weight loss.

Warren,a little spit on your corn flakes might just be the thing.
I'll be glad to send you some frog spit to try out too.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You know and to you maybe it is, but to me it isn't

Maybe it is time for me to sign off this forum until this type of talk goes away. It really bothers me and if you had been put through the torment I was in my life because of this, you would not think it is funny either.

I think I will just back away from this forum for awhile.

I hope the best for everyone, even those who torment me.

God Bless you all.

Good bye
Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I apologize Steve. I did not know it was that big of a problem.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:39 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Steve,
If we had known the problems it caused you,you can be sure we wouldn't have been going on about it.

There isn't a chance we would want cause you harm or torment.

Promise.... No more S word from me.

What about okra ?..... seriously.

Last edited by 392cobra; 09-22-2008 at 09:43 AM..
Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think there is a hidden message Steve is passing in his last post.

I haven't the faintest idea what he actually trying to say...but I think he is serious.

This is going to take an investigation.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
It's no longer just for diabetes.

Turns out that they put lizard spit in Byetta.Spit from the Gila Monster.

They now know that this spit is good for weight loss.

Warren,a little spit on your corn flakes might just be the thing.
I'll be glad to send you some frog spit to try out too.
OK, where did you get this from? I am really curious as I take Byetta. 2 injections/day.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Steve, I don't think they meant anything other than a good natured ribbing. Don't get mad at these guys, they are just having fun. I don't think it will continue I think they thought it was just a dislike for both you and me.

I understand how it can cause torment, I was forced to eat spinach by it being forced in my mouth and I could not even chew it. eventually I was gagging and threw up. I was then forced to eat that as well because it was on my plate. To this day I cannot eat any cooked leafy greens without gagging at just tasting them. Just the broth of a soup that has cabbage in it will force me to gag at just tasting it. My dislike of squash, zucchini and other similar veggies goes back to the same thing. My step mom forcing the food down that I did not like.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The plot thickins as Joe seems to be involved.

A hush falls over the readers in awe.

Joe, what in the wide world of sports is this all about?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:04 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wicked View Post
OK, where did you get this from? I am really curious as I take Byetta. 2 injections/day.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...ealth/diabetes

'Lizard Spit' Drug May Help With Weight Loss
Friday, September 19, 2008

Reuters

Saliva from the poisonous Gila monster is the main ingredient in the drug Byetta.
A commonly used diabetes drug that contains the "spit" of a poisonous lizard called the Gila monster may also help with weight loss, wgal.com reported.

The drug is created synthetically and marketed under the name Byetta and is used by diabetics to help control their blood sugar, but one doctor says the drug may also help users shed pounds.

Dr. Antonia Verso from Banner Health in Phoenix said Byetta helped her patient Ralph Bustamante lose nearly 40 pounds, while other diabetes drugs made him gain weight.

Byetta is not without its side effects, however. In August, federal regulators said they were working on a stronger warning label for the drug after it was linked to six cases of pancreatitis, two of which were fatal.

Verso is currently participating in a study to assess the drug's weight loss effects.

Click here for more on this story at wgal.com.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Never really mentioned it before, just commented that i did not like okra and squash and a few others. I took Warren and Fred's comments as good natured ribbing and they did not bother me. Steve was obviously bothered by them and his experience may have been worse than mine. I was just trying to let him know he doesn't have to leave and that I understand and can relate to things that torture that others cannot understand. Having a traumatic experience involving food is one of those things that if you haven't experienced it, you really cannot understand. Having a wife who gets nauseous eating peas and eggs helped me to get over my mental hindrances as she likes leafy greens cooked, and I like eggs and peas. I can take the jokes now, but 10 years ago, I would have gotten upset. It took a few years of us "working together" for us both to be happy. I can have eggs and peas whenever I want, hers will not have it. If she wants to cook greens, I will have something else.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...ealth/diabetes

'Lizard Spit' Drug May Help With Weight Loss
Friday, September 19, 2008

Reuters

Saliva from the poisonous Gila monster is the main ingredient in the drug Byetta.
A commonly used diabetes drug that contains the "spit" of a poisonous lizard called the Gila monster may also help with weight loss, wgal.com reported.

The drug is created synthetically and marketed under the name Byetta and is used by diabetics to help control their blood sugar, but one doctor says the drug may also help users shed pounds.

Dr. Antonia Verso from Banner Health in Phoenix said Byetta helped her patient Ralph Bustamante lose nearly 40 pounds, while other diabetes drugs made him gain weight.

Byetta is not without its side effects, however. In August, federal regulators said they were working on a stronger warning label for the drug after it was linked to six cases of pancreatitis, two of which were fatal.

Verso is currently participating in a study to assess the drug's weight loss effects.
Not surprising on the weight loss as it reduces your appetite when taken properly. You are supposed to inject it up to 1 hour before you eat. It slows down your body from absorbing the food from your intestines thereby reducing the sudden spike in Blood Sugar and allowing the pancreas and your other drugs to keep the blood sugar stable. As a side affect, it reduces your appetite. Often I have to remember to eat if I take it early as I don't get hungry and that can be dangerous. Taking it without eating can cause harm to the pancreas. To keep myself form doing this, I take it just as I start cooking, or just before I go into a restaurant. Since you really are not hungry when you eat, you tend to eat less and feel full really quickly. Since you are eating less, you loose weight. This does have a limit though. I dropped about 30-35 lbs and then I fluctuate between 220 and 240 usually. It is not a miracle cure for weight gain, as all it is doing is reducing appetite and therefore you loose some weight by eating less.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

I can't stand squash either but I do like spinach in small amounts. I like sour kraut too, but not the way my Mother made it. She used an old German receipt that has been in the family for only God knows how long and put it in big mason jars in the cellar to ripen. Holly crap. You couldn't eat it with a fork as the tines would curl up. She would make what she called mild for me and that was more than I have found in many German restaurants. But at least I wasn't forced to eat stuff that I just did not like. Mom used to tell me that if I ate my spinach I would grow up to be like Pop Eye and I did. Eat the spinach that is.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-22-2008, 12:30 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wouldn't some frog spit on your food have the same end effect on weight loss ?

The Ho's think there might be some side money in the weight loss market.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

I am sure that would work as no one would eat the food and then they would lose weight.

Ron

Old 09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hell, I am going to market with my own line of food. I am going to advertise that "All our food is spit on by dirty old men". If you only buy our food, and think about the dirty old men right before you eat it, you will loose weight guaranteed. Tru, you still looking for work?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe, that won't work. Tru could never get FDA approval.

Ron