S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Let's see; I got a sh!t load of mail about old and very old people. I think the person that sent it is feeling...old. I saw gas for $2.10 this morning on the way in. Very interesting that no one was getting any. I got an investment report and have about the same amount of money I had at the beginning of the year as I have now...I think. They are making it harder to understand the reports.

So, Fred, thanks for the mail. It was good. Steve. If you are going to invest in the Big Three, better do it soon. Ron, for some strange reason, I can not see the pictures you have been posting.

Good morning!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Which pictures is it that you can't see? The attachment above in this thread or the ones in the Shasta Lake Thread? I don't have any problem seeing them and so far no one else has said anything about not being able to see them.

Are you sure that sh*t load of mail that you got about very old people wasn't the person sending it but your imagination?

I saw a picture of a gas sign in some state for $1.99 a gallon. It may have been Missouri as my cousin said it was below $2 a gallon in Springfield in some places now.Where he lives in the Ozarks it is around $2.29 to $2.49. And here we are happy that it has dropped all the way down to $3.59. Out high here topped out at some stations at just over $5 a gallon for a brief period.

Try the pictures again and let me know what you see. If it is a little square with a red x of just a blank place.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Tru's having another senior moment and he is calling one of us old?

Here is a picture from yesterday. I've been spending a lot of time re-organizing and cleaning the cellar. I found the button in a jar with a bunch of rusty old screws!

The other item is a tomato I picked. Maybe the last one of the year. No, it is not a portrait of the Tedasaurus after a binge night.

Temp is all the way up to 36°F. Tru, want to go swimming with me?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
I got an investment report and have about the same amount of money I had at the beginning of the year as I have now...I think.
Congrats with your investment in the Stearns & Foster Bank. You must have everything in bonds, CD's and money markets to be even for the year. I'd be jumping up and down if I could say I've lost nothing for the year!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Save that button. It may be worth something soon. Heck, save the tomato for 28 years also and see if it still looks that well.

Yea, Tru thinks he got a lot of mail calling him old. He is just a kid on here. I bet he doesn't even remember the last of the dinosaurs.

Ron

Old 10-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They matriculated to members on CC with fat fingers.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

If you have stayed even for the year then you can almost feel as if you came out ahead. I don't have a lot of stock any more as I got rid of most of mine years ago, but on my last monthly report, I have lost about $2K this year so far. What stock I kept was more or less the safe kind if there is such a thing and it just bounces back and forth from month to month. Nice thing is I have drawn almost 12 times as much in dividends over the years as I ever spent on the stock.

Ron

Old 10-30-2008, 03:31 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
Fred,
That was our Fall. I missed it again dangit.
Steve,
I have good news for you.

You didn't miss Fall (yet) this year !!!

That dead brown leaf was still there this afternoon.So,I decided go take another look at Fall.

Made a slight mistake.

It was brown and dead alright but upon a closer look it turned out to be some kind of flattened road kill pitched up on the yard..
Old 10-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred - after your chili joke and posting my recipe, I thought I'd take out some chili from the freezer this morning. The cupboard was bare! So off to the store to get some supplies, and its cooking now. I had to make due with some baby back ribs for dinner.

While I was out, I took these pics by rolling down the window and sticking the camera outside. Lazy photographer, huh.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Things have to be just right for Fall colors down here.Every few years we'll get it just right and it is really nice to enjoy.

Keep the pictures coming.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Nice pictures Warren, What are the old Brown buildings in the background of the first one. Anything of Historical significance?

Ron

Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fall colors is one of the best rides.

If you live in an area where there a several differenet types of trees, you can see how each type changes. In Maples alone, I have at least ten different types changing and it is excellent to look at.

BTW, If you all are going to send out "Senior" moments, make sure you don't forget to attach all of the moment. Going through the mail is a great display of "CRS".

Old 10-31-2008, 05:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is all Warren's fault. He has been sending out Senior Insults e-mails for the past day or so. Some are pretty good.

It is actually sprinkling here right now. I went out just to see what falling water feels like. It is supposed to rain all weekend too but if this is what they are calling rain, then it isn't going to help much. In an hour it almost has the pavement wet.

Ron

Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A little rain will drop the temps. Maybe the water level of the lake will go up if you get steady water over a period of time.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

It is so low now that with some rain it will go up pretty fast for the first several feet, but once it gets high enough to start spreading back down the canyons again it will take a huge amount of rain and run off to raise it a foot. Right now it is so low that only the main body of the lake is still here.

Ron

Old 10-31-2008, 06:59 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well,I guess it's time to rig up my garden hose to the motion detector for the Trick or Treaters tonight.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

You wouldn't want someone doing that to Frenchy and the Ho Sisters. Turtle started four months ago on his rounds. Warren may starve before he gets back with any goodies.

Ron

Old 10-31-2008, 07:48 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

Fred,

You wouldn't want someone doing that to Frenchy and the Ho Sisters. Turtle started four months ago on his rounds. Warren may starve before he gets back with any goodies.

Ron
If they supplied soap too it would be fine.

I don't think motion detectors are sensitive enough for Turtle.

Ron-you know I wouldn't really do that to kids.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
Steve,
I have good news for you.

You didn't miss Fall (yet) this year !!!

That dead brown leaf was still there this afternoon.So,I decided go take another look at Fall.

Made a slight mistake.

It was brown and dead alright but upon a closer look it turned out to be some kind of flattened road kill pitched up on the yard..

Whew that was close. I thought I missed it again. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my good eye peeled for fall now.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

It is actually sprinkling here right now. I went out just to see what falling water feels like. It is supposed to rain all weekend too but if this is what they are calling rain, then it isn't going to help much. In an hour it almost has the pavement wet.

Ron
Ron,
See I have some very powerful friends. You should remember that.
I put rain for you on our prayer list and low and behold you are getting some rain.

Your welcome sir.