S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Rained off and on most of the day yesterday but is supposed to be sunny and in the 60s today and 70s tomorrow. Now I have to go fill my gas can for the lawn equipment as the weeds will just shoot up and I mowed them last Thursday. This rain a little for a couple of days and then several Spring type days really make this stuff grow. But I do like the nice weather.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-17-2009, 03:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Yesterday turned out absolutely beautiful here. Upper 70s, sunny and no wind. Would have been a perfect day for a BBQ if I didn't have to do Warrens favorite pastime and go to WORK.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

You just ruined Warren's day with that 4 letter word. Now he will have to take a couple of drives or a long one to settle himself down.

It is partly overcast here right now but is supposed to clear up more by this afternoon. Also supposed to be in the mid 60s today and into the 70s tomorrow. I have to get my gas can out and go get gas for the mower.

Ron

Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

work?

Time to double up on my meds. Beautiful day out .... sunny but temp is only about 40°F.

Spring has sprung. Took some pictures yesterday of some bulbs breaking thru the surface. The early blooming crocuses should be in full flower in a couple of days. Then it will probably snow.

Joe - I made some great salsa today. The hardest part was getting the damn cover off. After beating on the cover for about 30 seconds, I broke down and got out the heavy artillery.

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/debbieri...62&itemId=2677

Great salsa
... tried a new brand. Green Mountain brand .... all natural, no preservatives ... but they sure do not give it away. But I'm worth it.

Last edited by wtm442; 03-18-2009 at 03:14 PM..
Old 03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Partiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm now almost as old as Ron61

Beam me up Scottie - time for a ride!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well it is in the upper 60s and I have been working in the yard. I have to buy a new Weed Eater as I got tired of this piece of junk I bought 4 years ago and tore it up. That is the hardest piece of equipment to get started I have ever seen. All of my other lawn stuff is Craftsman, but this was a Troy Built and I have never liked messing two days to get the thing to run. I may go up to Sears and see what they have in the Craftsman line of Weed Eaters as my mowers are 6 and 10 years old and still start right up and run great. But for now the high grass and weeds along the fence line can just stay there as I don't feel like dragging out 200' of extension cord to use the electric weed eater.
See Warren, I do WORK once in a while.

Ron

Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ah, Wednesday at last and off to the doctors for blood tests and back again next week to see if they found any.

Also going to look at Weed Eaters today. I was told by two people that the Craftsman lawn and garden stuff is junk now that K-Mart took over. They had both bought new lawnmowers which fell apart within two years. I have two and one is about 5 years old and the other is nearly 10 years old and they start and run great. But now I am a little wary of getting a Craftsman Weed Eater. It is going to be a long and tiring day.

Anyone with any suggestions as to which gas powered one would be the best? Weed Eater Warren, not Snow Blower.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 03-18-2009 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

It's one of those days.

I think I saw an actual komic-ca-sey. I swear the person driving this car was so "all over the road", we all pulled back and watched the show as they drove down M5. Made coming to work a treat.

So, I have moved five trees so far. I think I have about ten to go.

Good day to you all.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron

Weed Eater .... one word ... sheep.

http://www.mysimon.com/4002-9375-6381042.html

I'll dig out the Sept 2008 issue of Consumer Reports and e-mail you a copy of their weed eater comparisons. Edit - crap! The Sept 08 issue is the online date, and I do not have an internet subscription. They have no listing for weed eaters on the paper copy which I subscribe to. Sorry for ending a sentence with a preposition - bad English. Time for some coffee to get rid of the cobwebs.

Last edited by wtm442; 03-18-2009 at 04:59 AM..
Old 03-18-2009, 05:05 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Google is your friend

http://www.consumersearch.com/string...reviews/review
Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Google digs up some 2 year old info ..

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/archiv.../t-270826.html
Old 03-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Thanks for looking that up for me. I was going to do a search when I get home from the doctors, but now I can skip that. I was wondering about the Honda and how good they are. I liked the Troy Built one but it was just impossible to start and always was. Sears I was a little concerned about after a couple of people have told me the lawnmowers they bought after K-Mart took over were junk and they would never buy another piece of Sears yard equipment again. We used to have a place here that handled Honda equipment of all kinds but I believe it went out of business last year. I will look in the phone book when I get home.

Ron

Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just watched a show about ice cream on the History Channel as I ate my lunch. They showed the inside of the world's largest cone manufacturing plant in PA. It makes 5 million cones a day!

Yes, 5 million a day! Holy ice cream Batman

and that is only 1 plant!

Darn it all. I wanted to do some chores around the house this afternoon, and I just looked out the window ... sunny and no clouds. Let me check the weather channel icon on my computer. Holy crap, its 57°F outside.

Lets see - keys, camera, spare batteries, jacket, hat and gloves.

B-b-b-b-b-byyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 03-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

You have got to start taking Turtle along on the rides to give them some class. Sun is out and the temperature is already in the 60s heading for the mid 70s for the rest of the week. I need to borrow your car for a week. And camera and some money for gas.

Well the doctors appointment went ok except I am feeling quite sick to my stomach. Have to go back next week and see what the results are.

Ron

Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cool here in ct. took a quick ride, but it was windy and not the best, but still fun
joeg
Old 03-18-2009, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hellooooo everyone

Just passing through. I have been sooo busy lately.

I'll be back.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
hellooooo everyone

Just passing through. I have been sooo busy lately.

I'll be back.
Hellooooooooooooooo back at ya Steve

Busy? But are ya makin' any $$$$

I'll be back - you owe Gov Ahhhnald $5 for using his line.

I am just back from a 2 hour ride. Posted a couple of vids (for you shut-ins) on my thread in the NE Chapter area
Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Hit 80 today and the Women are losing all there clothes...I LOVE SOCAl ths time of year!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK
Who wants a milkshake? I think Ill go downstairs and make one right now.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 03-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Your life is to structured. Get up eat, take a nap, eat, go for a ride, eat, rest for your next nap, watch some TV, take a nap, then get ready for bed. You need a major change. Try skipping one of the naps.

Ron