12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 559. 410 Stroker 72 block AFR205 Heads, Solid roller lifters, Comp Cams XR286, Eagle 4" stroke internally balanced with chevy journals, Oliver rods, Probe Forged pistons, Mighty Demon, Super Victor, MSD Digital 6.....
Not Ranked     
Default 20' Enclosed Trailer Group Buy

Just wanted to re-post the information regarding the group buy I have put together. For those of you just tuning in (now that CC is back up) following are the trailer specs:

$4100

Brand NEW FRONTIER 20' x 8.5' V-Nose trailer built with the following specs:

Standard Features
8.5 X 20 Auto Carrier

6" I-Beam Frame

2-3500# Leaf Spring Axle

Drop Axles

No Show Beavertail

4-Floor mounted D-Rings

16' O.C. Crossmembers

16" O.C. Sidewalls

Brakes on Both Axles

7-Way Bargman Plug

78" Interior Height

2000# Tongue Jack

2 5/16" Coupler

24" ATP Stone Guard

36" Side Door with Camlock

Side Door Hold Back

12 Volt Dome Light

12 Volt Wall Switch

.030 Gauge Aluminum Exterior

Baked Enamel Finish

Roof Vent

Aluminum Teardrop Fenders

3/4" Exterior Grade Plywood
Floor

3/8" Premium Grade interior
walls

EZ Lube Hubs

Safety Chains

Heavy Duty Exterior Trim

ST205 15" Tires

Contemporary Style Wheels

Break Away Kit w/ Battery

Trailer comes in white, but you have the option of adding color for $75. Rear door is a HD with spring assist that is rated at 3200lbs. For those who want to add the EZ track, it is $10PLF for recessed and welded to the frame and $7PLF for surface mount.

For those wanting to add additional doors and other options that is possible as the trailers are built to our/your specifications. The Frontier trailers are built in S. GA and all shipping will be calculated from that location.

These trailers are being offered at Dealer Cost and come with a 3 year warranty. We have met the minimum volume requirement and have the LOWEST price available.

Cost is only $4100 plus tax for any Florida residents, plus shipping. Shipping to Tampa/Orlando is only $300 (which is approx $1/mile) which can be used as a comparrison to other areas. Trailer are shipped in pairs to keep the transportation cost down.

There is a $500 deposit when ordering with the balance due when the trailer is completed. I will be making the first orders on Monday which at this point is six trailers!!! and another order in approx 2 weeks after that. Lead time from the time of order is two weeks for trailer completion.
TKO 600 .82 OD (Road Race)
HP= Enough!!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 739
Not Ranked     

Are these trailers in FL?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 559. 410 Stroker 72 block AFR205 Heads, Solid roller lifters, Comp Cams XR286, Eagle 4" stroke internally balanced with chevy journals, Oliver rods, Probe Forged pistons, Mighty Demon, Super Victor, MSD Digital 6.....
Not Ranked     

The trailers are built in S. GA. Then they are shipped to Tampa for $300. I have two going dirrectly to Orlando and I have a couple people in WPB area interested. Shipping to WPB area wouldn't be much more as long as there are two trailers heading down there.

You are welcome to pick it up in Tampa
HP= Enough!!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

I don't want to rain on your parade and I hope that the trailer you have found is a great trailer at a great price...but I feel I need to share my experience with my first trailer purchase. The big red flag to me on your trailer deal is that it is not nearly enough money. I know that sounds contrary to the whole idea, but I think the main thing I discovered is that the trailer industry is VERY competitive. Everyone is trimming margins close in order to get your business. The result is, in trailer world even more than many other places, you get what you pay for. There is no free lunch.
When I was shopping for my first trailer I set a maximum budget of $5000 for a new trailer - not used. I could not get within a thousand dollars of this goal with the major players. I finally found a lesser known brand (which I am sorry, but I will not name) that could meet my budget. It was a 24' enclosed beavertail for $5000. It was part of a multi purchase commitment that the dealer had made to the manufacturer and hence the great price - it actually cost a few hundred dollars less than the same trailer in a 20 foot length. The specs on this trailer looked comparable on paper to the major players that cost one to two thousand more for the "same" trailer. I rationalized that I would not be putting many miles on the rig, going to only a few special events each year, and it would be a waste of money to buy a premium dollar product.
Well, I kept the trailer one year and put approximately 2500 hundred miles on it. During that one year of ownership I had to do the following:
1. Every piece of moulding trim in the interior curled and popped loose from the short staples that were supposed to hold it in place. I had to glue, screw and restaple all the trim. 2. I broke one running light lense. The lights were some Chinese made part, slightly different than what every light/lense available at every local trailer/RV/auto parts store. After six runaround phone calls and three months of the "parts are on the way" from the dealer I got the trailer from I finally gave up. I bought LED lights on line along with some spares and replaced every light on the trailer. 3. On one trip the roof vent cover blew off. I bought two different replacement lids, neither of which fit quite right and subsequently blew off. I finally had to replace the entire vent - frame and all - to solve the problem, 4. one of the three rear door/ramp hinges split open and broke. Again - attempts to acquire replacement parts through the selling dealer were useless. Parts were simply not available from the manufacturer. I went to a Pace dealer who determined a particular Pace hinge would not exactly match the other hinges, but would fit and work. He ordered the part from Pace, had it in hand 2 days later and repaired my trailer.
By now, I had spent enough money keeping my "great deal" trailer running that I could have bought an "expensive" trailer in the first place and avoided all the hassle. My confidence level in my "great deal" trailer was nil and I decided to sell. The good news is that I found a buyer that was essentially looking for static storage space and was willing to pay $5000. for my trailer. I learned my lesson and looked for a high quality, late model used trailer that fit my budget, and that's where I am today.
That's my personal story, FWIW, YMMV.
ps - I notice that the trailer you are looking at has spring axles. Be preparred for a really bouncy, rough ride for anything you haul. The torsion style axles are a much better choice for hauling our cars.
Again, I am not trying to be negative and I hope you have exactly the opposite experience from me if you decide to go this route, but when I saw your post I felt I needed to put my $00.02 worth in. GOOD LUCK!
-steve
Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Your not raining on the parade, you just bought a "cheap" trailer at retail...

This is not a "cheap" trailer, nor is it at retail... It is a quality "inexpensive" trailer priced to members at volume dealer pricing...

I agree on the axles, Torsion axles are available as an upgrade for $200/axle for 3500lb axles and $325/axle for 5200lb axles.

This price in a direct "dealer" price, with volume... I had to meet all the dealer requirements to recieve this pricing and guarantee payment of all orders. If you where to buy one from the factory, actual dealer cost is $4490. You would be buying this trailer in excess of $5500 from any dealer.

Keed in mind that the price of $4100 is NET VOLUME DEALER COST. plus shipping, etc... Frontier is hardly a mom & pop venture and builds trailers from as small as 5' x 8' and as big as 48' goosnecks and provide a 3 year warranty.

One thing you will leard from me is that I drive a hard bargain. I pay retail for nothing and only buy NICE things... If that means I need to provide volume to do so, then that Iwill do. This has been the case with the cars, motor, homes and any and ll toys.... I guarantee that I can make a dollar go further than most... That does come as an expense though, and that expense is time and research of which i'm willing to do and pass on to my fellow friends, family and in this case other Cobra enthusiets.

My motivation was to get a great trailer, at a great price for myself... I quickly found out that the middle man (dealer) couldn't provide what I wanted unless I put $500 or more in his pocket... nah, won't do that....

This is also the price point most of us weekend warriors want to be within, and we can now do it without buying someone elses hand me downs, used and sometimes abused trailers without any warranty.
HP= Enough!!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's a little additional info on the Frontier build quality for thos interested...

The MOST important part of your trailer is the one that you don't see!! The frame structure determines whether or not your trailer can handle the heavy loads on the long haul.

After your frame is painted and dried, it is then pre-wired. We use 3/4" exterior grade plywood to floor all of our trailers. Then we use 3/8" plywood to line the interior walls. This is sometimes upgraded to vinyl or even aluminum.

After using .030 gauge aluminum on the exterior walls and installing the top, Frontier Cargo pays attention to detail a little more than most manufacturers. Here are just a few examples of what makes a Frontier better than the rest!

Notice the wiring for the lighted tag holder. You will also notice a grease fitting on the ramp door hinge. Installing grease fittings on the hinges prevents rust
from setting in, assuring a smooth and quiet hinge operation that will last years longer than the competition.

Aluminum Cast Corners assures a roof that will stay leak proof for many years. When caulking ages over the years, it shrinks and cracks. Cast corners prevent this from being a leak problem. This is where 26 years of experience pays off.

Fender lights might not be a big deal, until you try to back your trailer at night. Then they are invaluable!

Door hold backs. Standard on every trailer, may seem simple, but try to load in a 20 mph wind without it. There's the experience paying off again!

Theft proof hinge bolts. Kind of like the special key used for lug nuts on expensive wheels. Ordinary wrenches and tools will not do any good.

Front Cast Corners Not only do they look good, but they insure that your trailer will stay leak proof for the long haul. Cast corners help make the transitions from the front and side leak proof for years to come. When you're shopping for your new trailer, ask your
dealer for cast corners. If they don't offer it, ask them to check into Frontier. Our cast corners are standard equipment on every trailer we build. It's just another reason more
people are turning to Frontier Cargo.

Looks like they pay attention to detail....
HP= Enough!!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

Where is S. GA? I am at the FL GA border and can pick mine up if its near me.

Do we pay FLA or GA sales tax? I thought sales tax was paid when you register it.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You would be buying it from my company as I had to set up a dealer account. You would pay tax when you register if you are a GA resident, FL sales tax would be collected my me if your a FL resident. You will recieve all your paper work from me.

Pick up in Ocilla GA can be arranged. Shipping to you would be next to nothing as you're so close.
HP= Enough!!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Standard 40' Gooseneck with two 5200lb axles: $10,500
Standard 48' Gooseneck with three 7000lb axles: $12,500

Standard Features
Goose Neck and Fifth Wheel

8" I-Beam Frame

2-5200lb. drop Axles

No Show Beavertail

4-Floor mounted D-Rings

16' O.C. Crossmembers

16" O.C. Sidewalls

Brakes on Both Axles

7-Way Bargman Plug

76" Interior Height

Dual Speed Landing Gear

Goose neck or Fifth Wheel

ATP Stone Guard

36" Side Door with Camlock

Side Door Hold Back

2-12 Volt Dome Lights

12 Volt Wall Switch

.030 Gauge Aluminum Exterior

Baked Enamel Finish

2-Roof Vents

Aluminum Teardrop Fenders

3/4" Premium Grade Plywood
Floor

3/8" Premium Grade interior
walls

EZ Lube Hubs

Safety Chains

Heavy Duty Exterior Trim

16" Tires

Contemporary Style Wheels

Front Storage Compartment

Landing Gear Access Door
HP= Enough!!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 351W/408CI 525HP
Not Ranked     

Have you already placed your order?

Thanks

Larry
Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Larry,

The first orders were placed Monday... I can add to it at any time, but plan on placing the second order for interested parties on or around Oct. 1st.
HP= Enough!!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 351W/408CI 525HP
Not Ranked     

Thanks,

Just sold my 28'. Way to big!!! Maybe ready to order by then.

Larry